2019 Football Season Game Prediction Contest

Huckleberry

To @blacklab:

Fellow prediction contest administrator—I am besieged, by a thousand or more of the disgruntled posters under @BigOrange1—I have sustained a continual Bombardment & cannonade for 24 hours & have not lost a poster. The enemy has demanded a final contest update, otherwise, the garrison are to be put to the sword, if the contest is taken—I have answered the demand with a cannon shot, & our flag still waves proudly from the walls. I shall never surrender or retreat. Then, I call on you in the name of Bevo, of patriotism & everything dear to the surly character, to come to my aid, with all dispatch—The enemy is receiving reinforcements daily & will no doubt increase to three or four thousand in four or five days. If this call is neglected, I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his forum — Assholery or Death.

Prediction Contest Lt. Col. comdt

P.S. The Lord Vincent Young is on our side—When the enemy appeared in sight we had not three bushels of corn—We have since found in deserted houses 80 or 90 bushels & got into the walls 20 or 30 head of Beeves.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Dear fellow contestants:

I am in no way connected to this contest (other than as a contestant), and you should not rely upon the following information.

However, out of curiosity, I ran my own calculations just to determine if I remained in the top ten. In order to temporarily take some pressure off of blacklab, and as an attempt to keep the surliness down to a minimum, I offer the following unofficial listing of this season's final top ten. (Sorry to those who finished from 11th to 176th place - I just didn't have the time.)  

First off, congratulations to Ray Cranham on his (seemingly) ridiculous prediction of Texas 38 - Utah 13. I'm pretty sure you won the week, and deserve a hearty horns-up! 

Based on my (again, unofficial) calculations, Sgt Hulk held on to 1st place for the season with a grand total of 2,103 points,

Viper jumped from 6th to 2nd place with 2,087 points,

perfectchaos007 remained in 3rd place with 2,057 points,

BigOrange1 jumped from 9th to 4th place with 2,054 points,

Red Five broke into the top ten (5th place) with 2,047 points,

Jbj dropped from 4th to 6th place with 2,044 points,

Hizzaz Mahdoud (yay me) gained three spots to 7th place with 2,039 points,

NorthLoop stayed in 8th place with 2,038 points,

Wally fairway jumped into the top ten (9th place) with 2,024 points, and

rabidhorn dropped from 7th to 10th place with a season total of 2020.

The top three money winners APPEAR to be BigOrange1 (2,054 points), B00M (2,012 points) and knoxtnhorn (1,973 points). 

Again, these results are UNOFFICIAL, so please bear with me if I got anything wrong. I'm just trying to perform a public service here!

And, as always, OU sucks.

On 1/6/2020 at 5:28 PM, Hizzaz Mahdoud said:

Dear fellow contestants:

I am in no way connected to this contest (other than as a contestant), and you should not rely upon the following information.

However, out of curiosity, I ran my own calculations just to determine if I remained in the top ten. In order to temporarily take some pressure off of blacklab, and as an attempt to keep the surliness down to a minimum, I offer the following unofficial listing of this season's final top ten. (Sorry to those who finished from 11th to 176th place - I just didn't have the time.)  

First off, congratulations to Ray Cranham on his (seemingly) ridiculous prediction of Texas 38 - Utah 13. I'm pretty sure you won the week, and deserve a hearty horns-up! 

Based on my (again, unofficial) calculations, Sgt Hulk held on to 1st place for the season with a grand total of 2,103 points,

Viper jumped from 6th to 2nd place with 2,087 points,

perfectchaos007 remained in 3rd place with 2,057 points,

BigOrange1 jumped from 9th to 4th place with 2,054 points,

Red Five broke into the top ten (5th place) with 2,047 points,

Jbj dropped from 4th to 6th place with 2,044 points,

Hizzaz Mahdoud (yay me) gained three spots to 7th place with 2,039 points,

NorthLoop stayed in 8th place with 2,038 points,

Wally fairway jumped into the top ten (9th place) with 2,024 points, and

rabidhorn dropped from 7th to 10th place with a season total of 2020.

The top three money winners APPEAR to be BigOrange1 (2,054 points), B00M (2,012 points) and knoxtnhorn (1,973 points). 

Again, these results are UNOFFICIAL, so please bear with me if I got anything wrong. I'm just trying to perform a public service here!

And, as always, OU sucks.

Thanks - I was wondering about this, but not enough to do any actual calculations.
Is there an pick'em thread somewhere to guess when the bowl game and final standings will be updated? (I'll take on 2/29/2020, as that seems like a Surly date)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...