Billions

Hollywood

Weird deal.  Terry Kinney plays Axe's fixer guy.  He's kind of a ubiquitous "heavy" type character actor.

Well, I was watching The Firm the other day, and this guy looked familiar at some weird level:

993TFM_Terry_Kinney_001.jpg

Looked him up.  Terry Kinney.

255318.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 7:12 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Weird deal.  Terry Kinney plays Axe's fixer guy.  He's kind of a ubiquitous "heavy" type character actor.

Well, I was watching The Firm the other day, and this guy looked familiar at some weird level:

993TFM_Terry_Kinney_001.jpg

Looked him up.  Terry Kinney.

255318.jpg

He was also one of the pederast guards in Sleepers.

• Like 1

It's time to move on from Taylor and her pedantic monotone bullshit.  Let axe finish her off, and have her move to France never to be seen or heard again.  It's now just silly.  Also time to bring Chuck and Connerty conflict to a head.  They've slow played that long enough.  Wendy needs a new direction.  Show needs more kick ass car scenes this season too.  McFee vs Dollar Bill was the non animated version of Cripple Fight from South Park except cripple fight was actually a fight.  

31 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

It's time to move on from Taylor and her pedantic monotone bullshit.  Let axe finish her off, and have her move to France never to be seen or heard again.  It's now just silly.  Also time to bring Chuck and Connerty conflict to a head.  They've slow played that long enough.  Wendy needs a new direction.  Show needs more kick ass car scenes this season too.  McFee vs Dollar Bill was the non animated version of Cripple Fight from South Park except cripple fight was actually a fight.  

Agree with all of this. I’m bored with all Taylor and Wendy crap at this point 

The show is losing me as well.

The constant movie referencing by all characters is, to me, annoying and lazy writing.

Making the fight a big charity event and adding the silly training sequences was a waste of time. The fight was dumb. 

Without a central conflict between Chuck and Axe, the show is episodic. The creative team is struggling to generate compelling ensemble story lines. Weepy Wendy is growing dull. Taylor and her Dad was mildly interesting at best. Chuck's conflicts with the new SDNY attorney lack intensity.

Axe's involvement with Nina Arianda (who I love in Goliath, great character) is interesting. That's about it.

It's difficult for such a show to maintain edge over several seasons. This creative team is limping where they used to sprint.

31 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

The show is losing me as well.

The constant movie referencing by all characters is, to me, annoying and lazy writing.

Making the fight a big charity event and adding the silly training sequences was a waste of time. The fight was dumb. 

Without a central conflict between Chuck and Axe, the show is episodic. The creative team is struggling to generate compelling ensemble story lines. Weepy Wendy is growing dull. Taylor and her Dad was mildly interesting at best. Chuck's conflicts with the new SDNY attorney lack intensity.

Axe's involvement with Nina Arianda (who I love in Goliath, great character) is interesting. That's about it.

It's difficult for such a show to maintain edge over several seasons. This creative team is limping where they used to sprint.

Yep, yep, yep. 

Taylor is without a doubt, the dullest and least compelling of a antagonist that I can remember. She was okay playing a machine like analyst for Axe, as the main competition for him? No way. 

Also, really lazy writing to basically just give her a female Wags as an assistant. The writers couldn't have come up with something a little more creative? 

Edited by lateshow

Guest Lobo

I was being sarcastic.  Wags, Axe, Wendy, Chuck, and a dozen others---they all have this Sorkin meets Reitman dialogue schtick, and then Taylor magically gets it on day one as well.  While being a very flat character without much motivation.  Guess you could say that about several others that are supposed to be primary or secondary characters.  Anyway, show is already a far cry from where it was not too long ago.  They should end it after one more season, but I'm sure they'll drag it out---it's Showtime.  

I think Connerty is on the brink. He’s going to do something nuts/extremely underhanded in attempt to ruin Chuck. 

My guess is that he tells Wendy that Chuck chose block chain voting over saving her.

I think we’ve seen the beginning of the end for Taylor. She can’t take on three billionaires with her little firm.  

i'm not sure what to make of this show anymore.  kind of wish it was in its last season like veep and got.  it feels like the writers are mailing it in.  both dollar bill and wags are caricatures of their former selves.  can't really figure out what chuck's motivation or long game is any more.  

a common theme in this show is alliances and loyalties and how fickle they are.  chuck and connerty partners, now not so much.  axe and taylor partners, now not so much.  chuck and wendy? chuck and axe?  wendy and axe?  wendy and taylor?  maybe the moral is that everyone is selfish and out for themselves and will step on anyone to get where they want to go. axe and jock are the true villains in the show so my dream scenario for how this all concludes is for everyone to join sides - wendy, chuck, taylor, connerty, kate, etc to take those two down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Question. Has there been a scene for this season where they are, and I hope I remember this correctly, are announcing a boxing match or something of that nature? I was at the Wall Street tree lighting ceremony again last December and they did 5 takes of a guy announcing an upcoming fight and we had to cheer each time. Had no idea that was happening before we got there.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Question. Has there been a scene for this season where they are, and I hope I remember this correctly, are announcing a boxing match or something of that nature? I was at the Wall Street tree lighting ceremony again last December and they did 5 takes of a guy announcing an upcoming fight and we had to cheer each time. Had no idea that was happening before we got there.

Yes.

On 5/27/2019 at 9:59 AM, TommyGufano said:

So Wendy is gonna try to fuck Axe before the end of the season, right?

You almost nailed that part.   It looked like she wanted to get it on there when she showed up at his penthouse and Axe knew it too.  But surprisingly he drew the line....  probably to be continued next season.  

On 6/10/2019 at 8:03 AM, pepper brooks said:

solid ending except I am beyond tired of the taylor/axe fued and of course now we have chuck back on axe.  I knew that was coming and that is fine.  it was time for taylor to move on and a new villain to emerge.  

Totally agree. She needs to go away. 

7 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I can’t bring myself to care about Wendy. Not a single story line with her interested me. 

I don't get her character either.  she doesn't seem like much of a dominatrix in her real life, so that seems like a conflict.  plus, the idea that she would be that well paid, liked, and sought after, as a personal/career coach is not believable.   

another thing that's not believable to me is to think axe would just bring taylor back in and not suspect something is up.  what a dumb idea.  he's crushed every other enemy and he's going to give her work space and pay her utilities and agree to hire her whole team?   makes no sense and should glow neonly obvious to him. 

i'm wondering if, now that Rebecca is out of the picture, he and wendy don't end up shacked up together and a couple.  that would humiliate chuck and really get his ire up.

On 6/11/2019 at 5:04 PM, thrillhammer said:

I don't get her character either.  she doesn't seem like much of a dominatrix in her real life, so that seems like a conflict.  plus, the idea that she would be that well paid, liked, and sought after, as a personal/career coach is not believable.    

another thing that's not believable to me is to think axe would just bring taylor back in and not suspect something is up.  what a dumb idea.  he's crushed every other enemy and he's going to give her work space and pay her utilities and agree to hire her whole team?   makes no sense and should glow neonly obvious to him.  

i'm wondering if, now that Rebecca is out of the picture, he and wendy don't end up shacked up together and a couple.  that would humiliate chuck and really get his ire up. 

they went out of their way to push it all the way to the edge of the envelope on that with us and making us assume they would finally fuck in that last scene but left themselves room to work out of it.

this has the real threat of going recycled shit even more than it already has...

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This has to be the last season. It's kind of like how taco bell comes up with new items for the menu at this point. Put your main ingredients/ characters and topics on a dart board and throw 5 darts. It's all just a variation on the same storyline.

• Like 1

Guest Lobo
37 minutes ago, lateshow said:

Last night's episode was meh. I know it's setting up the season, but Taylor is such a drag and a bad character that she brings down the whole show for me. Her usefulness is about 3 seasons past expiration. 

Cracks me up that Axe, Wags, Dollar Bill, and Hall the Fixer have zero problem with threatening Taylor to their face, talk of bankrupting them, expose their secrets, having them sent to jail, even physical threats of violence and intimidation with every vulgar insult in the book.  But they'll be dammed if they're ever misspeak and use the wrong pronouns.  how very woke.  

"I'm gonna fuck up Taylor's world.  I'm gonna torpedo their fund, get all their clients, and piss on their bald fucking head and nobody that works there will ever work in this industry again.  You tell that fucking shitwad, they're walking dead."  They can say shit like that but not even the crass, walking testosterone blender that is Dollar Bill ever drops in anything derogatory about gender.  That's the most unrealistic thing about this show.  

12 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Cracks me up that Axe, Wags, Dollar Bill, and Hall the Fixer have zero problem with threatening Taylor to their face, talk of bankrupting them, expose their secrets, having them sent to jail, even physical threats of violence and intimidation with every vulgar insult in the book.  But they'll be dammed if they're ever misspeak and use the wrong pronouns.  how very woke.  

"I'm gonna fuck up Taylor's world.  I'm gonna torpedo their fund, get all their clients, and piss on their bald fucking head and nobody that works there will ever work in this industry again.  You tell that fucking shitwad, they're walking dead."  They can say shit like that but not even the crass, walking testosterone blender that is Dollar Bill ever drops in anything derogatory about gender.  That's the most unrealistic thing about this show.  

100%. I've noticed the exact same thing. 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 1:38 PM, DCA_HORN said:

This has to be the last season. It's kind of like how taco bell comes up with new items for the menu at this point. Put your main ingredients/ characters and topics on a dart board and throw 5 darts. It's all just a variation on the same storyline.

This is a good way to put it.   I've been tying to follow what the plot is for this season and I can't get a grasp other that Taylor is being to quiet and Wendy is on a power trip.    Trying to keep my interest in the series...

• 4 weeks later...

am i the only one still watching?  i was actually behind and finally caught up today.

wayyyy too many movie lines/references already this season, although i did enjoy the flamingo kid one, that's a great fucking movie.  also some pointless sports cameos, slipping back into entourage territory.

not sure i'm engaged enough to give a shit about wendy's dating life, and the whole thing with the painter is kinda meh.  enjoying the power play with taylor and their sidekick (i hate that i just did that) and wendy.  i like that everyone is starting to get what we've been talking about for years - she's the most devious and dangerous one on the show.

thought the stuff with yonkers was slow and drawn out.  not sure where they're going with the corey stoll character, but right now he just seems like a distraction, so that axe doesn't blame everything on chuck (which he kinda does anyway).  also the whole, "hey, we should open our own bank" seems silly and unrealistic, although i'm sure someone can correct me on that.  also the stuff with wags and his kids was a pointless drop-in unless it somehow comes back this season, which i doubt.

julianna margulies is an interesting addition.  she's a pretty big get for this show.  as always, i'm digging whatever chuck and sacker are up to.  would like to see some more long term plot points to help determine where this season is actually going.  it's starting to lose me a little.

and the connerty appearance was a nice touch.