Billions

Hollywood

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

does anyone know the future outlook for this show?  how many more episodes this season?  renewed for next season?  it seemed like it was over last episode.  no more rivalry between ax and chuck?  the whole show was based on that.  chuck seemed to allude in is ben hogan story that he is a changed man and the game has passed him by.  the only loose end i'd like to see is taylor's story.  she's clearly got something on her mind (or up her ass).

1 hour ago, thrillhammer said:

does anyone know the future outlook for this show?  how many more episodes this season?  renewed for next season?  it seemed like it was over last episode.  no more rivalry between ax and chuck?  the whole show was based on that.  chuck seemed to allude in is ben hogan story that he is a changed man and the game has passed him by.  the only loose end i'd like to see is taylor's story.  she's clearly got something on her mind (or up her ass).

last week was kind of a good news/bad news situation for me.  the ice juice buildup was greatness, the way he used bogosian to bait axe was brilliant, and i loved the reveal in those episodes at the end of s2.  then they all turn on connerty, which was a nice touch, so i was kinda bummed it went away so quickly.  but then i looked on imdb to see that was only ep7 out of 12 (i think).  so they definitely have something up their sleeve for the rest of the season, and i'm excited to see where it goes.

if this last week was the season finale, it would've been a big letdown, but i have high hopes.

10 hours ago, DCA_HORN said:

There is no way the show doesn't end without either Chuck or Axe going down. 

Would like to have seen Dake get dressed down by the General.

Would like to see McCaffety get a big win for his scruples while being surrounded by shit.

I love Dollar Bill basically having immunity because of his demonstrated loyalty to Axe.

Wags is highly entertaining, but I sometimes question his level of influence versus his actual value of imput, if that makes sense.

Edited by slorch

if the show does go another season, i'd like to see chuck take down the general.  you can tell he seethes to be under him.  being governor wouldn't really give him authority to do that though, so not sure how that could play out.  i'm still under the impression the close call took the wind out of his sails so not even sure he'll run anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

it's been a good season, but man, last night.  it was like they got together and said "we're gonna make the best billions episode ever", then took a big shit for 55 minutes.  stop with the cameos, stop trying to be deep and philosophical.  stop insisting upon yourself.  this is billions.  better luck next week. 

I thought week before last was the best episode of the series.

Then yeah, this one came back to Earth.

Still entertaining enough, but they seemed to be trying too hard.

No way Dollar BIll falls for the newly minted Willbury schpiel, right?

35 minutes ago, slorch said:

I thought week before last was the best episode of the series.

Then yeah, this one came back to Earth.

Still entertaining enough, but they seemed to be trying too hard.

I still like the show a lot in the over the top (not really) world they are portraying. But they do walk the fine line of trying to hard and when they cross that line it's really bad. 

Also agree they need to pump the breaks on the cameos one here or there is cool but let's not turn this show into finance version of Entourage

if malkovich is in the show now, basically playing kgb, which was a borderline laughable character even at the time, that's not a step in the right direction.  i like him, he's a good actor, but this is not a smart addition to this show.  i mean, why couldn't he have been a shady american?

On 3/25/2018 at 2:27 PM, Chet Steadman said:

Billions is a chick show made for men.  Terrible writing, outlandish storylines and laugh-out-loud overacting. 

And I love it.  Can’t wait for Season 3.  

We're catching up on Season 3 right now and a little bit of this.  Story lines that are a bit over the top with melodrama.  

Maggie Siff is my fucking wheelhouse, too.  Cross her and Tina Fey and you have Mrs. Aqua Buddha and upon further review, Siff was born 10 days after me.  Exact same age.

On 5/25/2018 at 1:45 PM, henrygandorf said:

if malkovich is in the show now, basically playing kgb, which was a borderline laughable character even at the time, that's not a step in the right direction.  i like him, he's a good actor, but this is not a smart addition to this show.  i mean, why couldn't he have been a shady american?

Maybe it was just a way to cram in the lame cameo by Sharapova.......

yeah, back to back pro athlete cameos reminds me of that one later season of entourage, where every week was an athlete, usually in a non-sports venue.

let's go check out that auction, because they're selling some dino fossils.  oh hey, adrian peterson is here also checking out dino fossils.  hey vince, of course we know each other, we're both famous.

still confused what the f malkovich is doing.  gonna give you 1.5b, then take it back, then give it back to you?  i like them going after the ag.  and it looks like taylor is thinking about going after axe.  earlier, connerty went after chuck.  it's like a themed season.

also was it weird seeing taylor in the men's room?

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

also was it weird seeing taylor in the men's room?

Yes. Just like it was weird seeing Taylor make love to the billionaire guy. Kind of "eeeewwwww, yuck!!!!!!". I still say that billionaire guy is up to no good and is using Taylor. 

On 5/30/2018 at 8:14 PM, Brandywine said:

Yes. Just like it was weird seeing Taylor make love to the billionaire guy. Kind of "eeeewwwww, yuck!!!!!!". I still say that billionaire guy is up to no good and is using Taylor. 

Which is what Axe told her/him at the end of the last episode. 

4 hours ago, JimmyHoffa said:

Which is what Axe told her/him at the end of the last episode. 

so who is playing who?  i thought taylor was covertly working to bring axe down (after he took her $2B, killed off her quants, and manipulated mafee).  but maybe the billionaire guy is playing both taylor and axe.  or did axe set this whole thing up and is playing both of them?

i was under the impression right now that nobody is currently playing anybody.  axe wants taylor to have the same killer instinct/no emotion that he has, but clearly she can't separate it.  seems (from the previews) that this might've pushed her over the edge, and she might seek some vengeance for it, because she obviously cares about the tech guy.

i thought it was a bit of a stretch for axe to basically accuse taylor of giving him the tip by telling him who they were dining with.  clearly she was trying to impress axe, not secretly recommend buying out the other guy/screwing the guy she has feelings for.

also wasn't it just $200mm he took to make that move?  he didn't take the entire fund away from her as far as i could tell.  but i may not have been paying attention.  it happens. 

• Like 1

Yep,  Taylor was trying to impress Axe and got a lesson in how the world works.   I don't think billionaire boyfriend is playing her,  either.   I think she might leave Axe to go with him.  I don't think she's dumb enough to go after him.   I hope that storyline with Chuck is done.   Don't want to go back there with Taylor. 

I'm a lot more interested to see where things go with Chuck and Connerty.

Edited by Chewbacca

Yeah I didn't snap to it at first and then it was just annoying (they/them, what does that even mean?  is it because they're a little of both so they?  it's plural ffs).

I have always enjoyed Jeffrey DeMunn, I love his Chuck Rhoades, Sr.  So much.  It's uncivil!

Another reminder that I'm old, I've been enjoying Clancy Brown since Bad Boys.  Fuck me.

Edited by TwiceHorn