Billions

Hollywood

6 minutes ago, Sii said:

Is this the last season? I still like it and still watch but this season needs to pick it up. Chuck vs Bobby is a little played

Yeah, they can only go back and forth on that so many times.  They've got to be getting to the end.

2 minutes ago, Sii said:

Is this the last season? I still like it and still watch but this season needs to pick it up. Chuck vs Bobby is a little played

I havent heard that this was the last season and it doesnt appear to be heading towards any grand finale.  some of the characters are too over the top, okay almost all of them.  i wouldnt mind seeing this show end.  is there a normal person on the show?  a character you understand and is believable?

I'm trying to be constructive about this, but why in hell did the showrunner Brian Koppelman bring back Taylor? He seems like a really intelligent, likeable guy in interviews. I assume there's a payoff down the road, but it doesn't make sense for Axe to bring her back. She was vanquished, exiled from Wall Street and Axe brings her back because?... He thinks she's smart?

14 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I'm trying to be constructive about this, but why in hell did the showrunner Brian Koppelman bring back Taylor? He seems like a really intelligent, likeable guy in interviews. I assume there's a payoff down the road, but it doesn't make sense for Axe to bring her back. She was vanquished, exiled from Wall Street and Axe brings her back because?... He thinks she's smart?

yep, axe has shown to be unforgiving and holds a grudge against his enemies until he buries them. was out of character to bring her back in.  he even knows that chuck set him up and was behind it and still he lets her hang around his business all day every day.

Just now, thrillhammer said:

yep, axe has shown to be unforgiving and holds a grudge against his enemies until he buries them. was out of character to bring her back in.  he even knows that chuck set him up and was behind it and still he lets her hang around his business all day every day.

It's worse than that. Axe allows Chuck to routinely visit Axe Cap to talk to Wendy. I know this is probably a plot device, but would anyone let the police in your business without a warrant? Axe also allows Chuck to visit Wendy at his spare "apartment" which is how he almost got nailed on tax fraud. I know Axe gives Wendy preferential treatment, but this is lazy for Billions. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Episode 7 is available on streaming right now. I believe this is the final episode for the foreseeable future. They of course had to halt production because of covid.

Thats why I have been putting off watching.  I love this show.  I didn't want to be disappointed when I had to wait for more episodes.  

I have too much of a hard time remembering what happened last "season."  

44 minutes ago, BNB said:

Thats why I have been putting off watching.  I love this show.  I didn't want to be disappointed when I had to wait for more episodes.  

I have too much of a hard time remembering what happened last "season."  

Let’s say they jumped the shark in this episode. Rebounded well, but the initial premise was dumb. 

this episode had some entertaining parts, but was mostly running in place.  the focus-drug was fun but the story was predictable.  taylor's line to the girl who works for her, "let's try english first" was perfect.

wags directed it (david costabile)

also thought it was interesting that chuck brought up coronavirus.  they must've shot this in late feb/early march.  don't think i've seen it mentioned in any scripted show.

On 6/16/2020 at 2:46 PM, henrygandorf said:

this episode had some entertaining parts, but was mostly running in place.  the focus-drug was fun but the story was predictable.  taylor's line to the girl who works for her, "let's try english first" was perfect.

wags directed it (david costabile)

also thought it was interesting that chuck brought up coronavirus.  they must've shot this in late feb/early march.  don't think i've seen it mentioned in any scripted show.

makes sense, because they had to halt production of the final episodes for this season.

On 3/25/2018 at 12:27 PM, Chet Steadman said:

Billions is a chick show made for men.  Terrible writing, outlandish storylines and laugh-out-loud overacting. 

And I love it.  Can’t wait for Season 3.  

Just started watching this show. I'm about halfway through season 2, and this is the funniest fucking thing I've seen in awhile. Agree on all points 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, HiggyBaby said:

Just finished season 2 and haven’t read this thread. Should I keep going or does the quality drop? Seems like a good place to stop. I have GoT vibes like its kickass for the first couple seasons and has the potential to drop off.

The whole series is worth it just to see Wags be Wags. 

Oh Bobby and Wendy told each other how they feel.  The romantic arc that absolutely no viewers were clamoring for and saw a mile away.  Secondary characters make this show.  I’m still watching but hope they wrap it all up next season.   

1 hour ago, HiggyBaby said:

Just finished season 2 and haven’t read this thread. Should I keep going or does the quality drop? Seems like a good place to stop. I have GoT vibes like its kickass for the first couple seasons and has the potential to drop off.

seasons 3 and 4 are at least as good as 1 and 2.  i think better.

15 hours ago, Lobo said:

Oh Bobby and Wendy told each other how they feel.  The romantic arc that absolutely no viewers were clamoring for and saw a mile away.  Secondary characters make this show.  I’m still watching but hope they wrap it all up next season.   

I still love the show. Wags is the best. But I'm sorry, Taylor is a complete waste of space. She drags the show so far down for me. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
On 9/23/2021 at 6:57 PM, henrygandorf said:
seasons 3 and 4 are at least as good as 1 and 2.  i think better.

Bullshit. No Mrs Axe tittays.

Ackerman has no titties.  She has a cute smile and a playful buttocks but she was a worthless character who just up and decided to leave Axe for no reason so they could write her off the show because the actress couldn't dialogue her way out of a wet paper bag.  

Ackerman has no titties.  She has a cute smile and a playful buttocks but she was a worthless character who just up and decided to leave Axe for no reason so they could write her off the show because the actress couldn't dialogue her way out of a wet paper bag.  
I like small tits and playful buttocks, thank you very much.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I did.  

Everybody pulled some deus ex machina shit as per usual.  Axe fled and will fight his new enemy by proxy next season (which good news---probably means more Wags than usual which is awesome).  All you need to know about Axe's new enemy is he is worth $10b dollars but can't afford a decent fitting shirt for his signature look of 3-piece suit, white shirt with two buttons undone.  

Taylor Mason continues to drag down every fucking scene is the arc of Mason Carb is a complete distraction.  

Wendy and Axe struggle to find their way to be together in this new uncharted world through a series of scenes that are under-written and over-acted.  Nobody really cares about this romantic arc, do they?  At least she remembered she had kids for about 30 seconds there.  

Not enough of the secondary and tertiary characters we all know and love, probably due to challenges of finishing production during a Covid surge.  Hall was great in the finale as was the big attorney.  

Good review Lobo!

My take away was that Prince orchestrated this whole take over. Maybe that was obvious. New season starts in January!! I think the pandemic and possibly Damian Lewis loss of his wife may have had something to do with the story line. Overall, I was pleased with the season ending and can’t wait until next year. 

Edited by Brandywine

Shit, I forgot about the loss of his wife.   Obviously explains why he made most of his appearances via zoom.  

overall, especially the early episodes…..season was solid.  

conference table between axe and chuck was maybe the best scene and finally cleared the air between them.  

That sucks.  He's a brilliant actor, even if most of his scripts are trite and preachy.  But he's in mourning and needs to be with family.  I'm betting he'll find a cool way to make an re-entry late next season or beyond.  Plus, I don't know many fans of this show outside of hedge fund dorks that jerk off to it...but nobody gave a solitary fuck about Wendy and Axe got together.  It's been telegraphed for a couple seasons, but this wasn't Ross and Rachel...it was forced and wasn't even really used the way it could be against Chuck (Hence that great boardroom speech in the finale).  So maybe it's for the best.  I wish Damien Lewis peace and solemnity in real life and I look forward to a new season focused on different folks with better fitting shirts.  

Axe was the kind of guy you hated but also pulled for. There was something about him where you wanted him to win even in his worse moments. I am not sure about Prince. Something about him and Chuck going against each other, just doesn’t give off the same vibe. Could be the last season unless Axe comes back and regains his company.

Edited by Brandywine

10 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

Axe was the kind of guy you hated but also pulled for. There was something about him where you wanted him to win even in his worse moments. I am not sure about Prince. Something about him and Chuck going against each other, just doesn’t give off the same vibe. Could be the last season unless Axe comes back and regains his company.

yeah, i don't love axe or lewis, but the show won't be the same with stoll.  i would've preferred they put siff in charge while he's gone and it's chuck v wendy.

also they need to bring connerty back.

The Chuck v. Wendy arc would have been much better.  Instead it'll be Prince's trite struggle to change the trajectory of the firm/bank to something more ESG/impact (which means lots and lots of scenes with Taylor), or go back to his old ways and maximize returns at all cost; peppered in will be his quest for a proper fitting dress shirt.

I agree on Connerty.  My only reservation is that his screen time often comes at the cost of less screen time for Condola Rashad.  And she's the best smoke show on the whole show.  Overall, more screen time for Wags, Charles Sr., Hall, Maggie, et. al.  And of course, the hilarious hijinks as Mafee and Dollar Bill plant their own flag and open up shop.  

I'm thinking though...with all the good that Prince will start out trying to do with the Axe Brand...doesn't that make what Taylor was trying to do redundant---both in business and in pages of script?  Lateshow, and others---y'all aren't gonna like what happens in that case.  The subplot will be Prince can't do what Mason Carb is trying to do as effectively because he's an entitled white male and they're rebels that don't fit it any conventional box...suck it! (Or not, could go either way)