Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

• 3 weeks later...

Jim responds to the rumor about his "exit strategy" with a letter to recruits and their families.  

https://247sports.com/college/michigan/Article/Jim-Harbaugh-refutes-NFL-return-with-letter-to-recruits-137392063/

"Dear Parents,

I am reaching out to let you know that the recent claims that I am "pursuing an exit strategy" are total crap. It's an annual strategy driven by our enemies to cause disruption to our program and to negatively recruit. By the way, I don't even have an "agent or representative."

I am committed to your sons, their education and to their development as football players and people.

Please excuse the informality of this letter but I felt that it was important to get this out to you as quickly as possible.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Happy to discuss.

Go Blue!

Jim Harbaugh"

That part about "It's an annual strategy driven by our enemies to cause disruption to our program and to negatively recruit" is straight out of the Bo-Woody paranoia handbook. Kudos for that. 

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That part about "It's an annual strategy driven by our enemies to cause disruption to our program and to negatively recruit" is straight out of the Bo-Woody paranoia handbook. Kudos for that. 

Pandering to his base, too. "We're trying to do things the right way but are being blocked at every turn by our mendacious rivals!" is straight catnip to the MGoblog faction

10 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Gotta say I didn't see that beatdown coming. I figured ND would win a close one. But fuck the Irish. I figured they wouldn't get into the playoff even with one loss but this settles it. 

at least one thing is right with college football this year, no wasted playoff game with Notre Dame in it.

On 10/27/2019 at 2:46 PM, Brothahorn said:

Two things..No 0u, either.

Lots of football still to be played there chief. 

SEC Champion & Clemson are close to locks, OSU would have to slip @PedoSt (or Indy) - but all these teams still have to play games against teams better than K-State

Edited by Wally Fairway

I'll be really surprised if Penn State beats Ohio State in Columbus, based on how Ohio State is playing. Penn State looks good, Ohio State looks like that kid you knew in middle school who was good at basketball and then came back from summer break leading into 8th grade six inches taller with facial hair and the ability to dunk. They're not any more talented than they were the past few years, but all of their talent is doing the most talented things it can as opposed to last year's defensive shitshow. It just shows how the 2015 offensive and 2018 defensive staffs let that program down. They should probably have two more national titles this decade. 

Anyway: Michigan has the best shot at beating Ohio State, but only for the most superficial of reasons (THROW OUT THE RECORD BOOKS, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN). It's the most emotional game Ohio State will play all year long, and it's on the road where they won't have been tested (Cincinnati, Michigan State, and Penn State are all home games). I don't think Michigan has much of a chance, but they have the tallest midget of chances. 

15 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I'll be really surprised if Penn State beats Ohio State in Columbus, based on how Ohio State is playing. Penn State looks good, Ohio State looks like that kid you knew in middle school who was good at basketball and then came back from summer break leading into 8th grade six inches taller with facial hair and the ability to dunk. They're not any more talented than they were the past few years, but all of their talent is doing the most talented things it can as opposed to last year's defensive shitshow. It just shows how the 2015 offensive and 2018 defensive staffs let that program down. They should probably have two more national titles this decade. 

Anyway: Michigan has the best shot at beating Ohio State, but only for the most superficial of reasons (THROW OUT THE RECORD BOOKS, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN). It's the most emotional game Ohio State will play all year long, and it's on the road where they won't have been tested (Cincinnati, Michigan State, and Penn State are all home games). I don't think Michigan has much of a chance, but they have the tallest midget of chances. 

Agreed.

tOSU basically has three bye weeks until PSU [an actual bye, Maryland (H) and Rutgers (A)] while PSU has to go to Minnesota in two weeks in the biggest game in that stadium's history.

Michigan has also been steadily improving since the Wisconsin implosion.  That said, I expect the Buckeyes will be able to run all over them and Chase Young may kill Patterson.

tOSU's adjusted stats this season are insane.  The best rushing offense in the country coupled with the best pass defense in the country is a great combination for winning a rivalry game on the road.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alincoln said:

7Agreed.

tOSU basically has three bye weeks until PSU [an actual bye, Maryland (H) and Rutgers (A)] while PSU has to go to Minnesota in two weeks in the biggest game in that stadium's history.

Michigan has also been steadily improving since the Wisconsin implosion.  That said, I expect the Buckeyes will be able to run all over them and Chase Young may kill Patterson.

tOSU's adjusted stats this season are insane.  The best rushing offense in the country coupled with the best pass defense in the country is a great combination for winning a rivalry game on the road.

Maryland took anOSU to the wire last year.  Anyway as good as the Bucks are, playing PSU and @UM consecutively,  and then a CCG, is tough for even great teams.  Odds are they drop one.

30 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

Maryland took anOSU to the wire last year.  Anyway as good as the Bucks are, playing PSU and @UM consecutively,  and then a CCG, is tough for even great teams.  Odds are they drop one.

Tagged for future reference. I'll save your neg rep for after.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Where does Michigan take their international field trip next year? Or do the Maize & Blue boosters decide to stop paying for extravagances that don't make their team better?

They're morons. Of course they're going to pay for a trip that means nothing to help the team get better. It's not even helping their recruiting, which is at 12 with an 89 rating. 

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan