Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched this DVD again the other night. Something I do every year. If you have an hour to kill, it's a pretty good little documentary. You might also find it on HBO on demand. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good. I'd give it a 9-9.5 out of 10.

The timing of it being filmed in 2006 when OSU and Michigan happened to meet as #1 vs. #2 the day after Bo Schembechler's death was uncanny. There's a shot where an emotional Earle Bruce (RIP) leads a room full of Buckeye fans in a moment of silence in remembrance of Bo. That was at the Buckeye Club breakfast at the French Field House that Saturday morning. I was there. You could've heard a pin drop. It was a unique atmosphere at The Game that day because Bo was both a Buckeye and a Michigan Man. Both sides shared in the loss of a good man and one of their own. 

Sadly, both teams screwed the pooch in their bowl games that year and Michigan hasn't fielded a team that good since. 

• 2 weeks later...

The timing of it being filmed in 2006 when OSU and Michigan happened to meet as #1 vs. #2 the day after Bo Schembechler's death was uncanny.

Sadly, both teams screwed the pooch in their bowl games that year and Michigan hasn't fielded a team that good since. 

8b117b8e11d0b4650d8fa4e3e13d2859.jpg

Not a damn thing sad about that bowl game.

13 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Michigan: We like so much what this guy didn't do that we are going to give him more money and make us endure him for even longer!

Michigan fans: 

200.gif

I’m pretty sure Harbaugh’s new contract pays him less money and lowers his buyout. That’s according to John U. Bacon who was the first to break the story about contract extension talks awhile back. 

It will be interesting to see who Harbaugh hires to replace Don Brown as DC. 

I’m pretty sure Harbaugh’s new contract pays him less money and lowers his buyout. That’s according to John U. Bacon who was the first to break the story about contract extension talks awhile back. 
It will be interesting to see who Harbaugh hires to replace Don Brown as DC. 

John U Bacon. Frankly, that sounds made up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, SunUvAbitchMarcos said:

John U Bacon. Frankly, that sounds made up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s an author and a long time Michigan insider. You can see him in that HBO Sports documentary on The Rivalry that I posted above. He does a fairly mediocre impression of Bo Schembechler but he’s a pretty reliable source for info on Michigan athletics. 

15 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He’s an author and a long time Michigan insider. You can see him in that HBO Sports documentary on The Rivalry that I posted above. He does a fairly mediocre impression of Bo Schembechler but he’s a pretty reliable source for info on Michigan athletics. 

Yeah John’s the man. He’s super plugged into the program 

6 hours ago, Tracer Bullet said:

Useless drivel that didn’t have any point.  The entire thesis is “maybe they were right, maybe they were wrong” 

Fantastic insight - flip a fucking coin

It’s like DKR always said: “You may be right. I may be crazy. Oh, but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for.”

4 minutes ago, Lenny Hornridge said:

I'm getting sick of the OSU Bucknuts getting everything they want.

No doubt.  Michigan keeps Harbaugh, Pedo State hires Yurcich as the new OC, Fickell still in the minors. He ain't God, but Ryan Day just might be Moses with the way everything parts before him.  Can't believe we have to rely on Schiano to find some more of that old Raritan magic just so  tOSU has a competitive divisional game one of these years.

2 minutes ago, Eggo said:

I know the natural reaction is to laugh, but realistically there weren't many HC options on the market this year that were actually better. If Michigan's smart, they've re-structured his contract in such a way that they can more easily buy him out in a year or two.

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

I know the natural reaction is to laugh, but realistically there weren't many HC options on the market this year that were actually better. If Michigan's smart, they've re-structured his contract in such a way that they can more easily buy him out in a year or two.

He still had a year on the contract. Why not just sit and wait? Recruiting?

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan