Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MAGS® said:

Im married to a Michigan grad and she said the only fucking goal should be to beat ohio state....

Spoken like a true Go Blue Alum. Good for her.

I can’t tell you how many times during their shitty years, and of course the past 11, I wanted Texas to simply beat ou (and a&m back in the day).

On 1/15/2021 at 7:58 PM, NTVTXN said:

Spoken like a true Go Blue Alum. Good for her.

I can’t tell you how many times during their shitty years, and of course the past 11, I wanted Texas to simply beat ou (and a&m back in the day).

Well, two shitty Texas teams have beaten OU in that span. A few others have gotten hilariously close. More than Michigan can claim.

1 hour ago, Lhorn said:

I keep forgettin’, how long has it been since Michigan beat tOSO?

Almost 20 years.

My bad - they won in 2011 - which broke up two huge tOSU streaks. They've won once in almost 20 years. 

Edited by ztejas

Author's last name is HOLE...  😂😂😂

Florida attempting to retain potential Michigan staff addition

Isaiah Hole   January 17, 2021 4:08 pm

Hold onto your butts, it’s not a sure thing that Michigan football gets its man when it comes to a defensive assistant.

Multiple reports indicated that the Wolverines were looking to add Florida linebackers coach Christian Robinson and that it was all but a done deal. However, the former Georgia linebacker is clearly well thought of in Gainesville, as FootballScoop — who first reported that Robinson was set to become a Wolverines coach — reports that Dan Mullen is doing what he can to retain the Gators assistant. 

Late Saturday night, sources informed FootballScoop that MacDonald and Robinson had agreed to join the Michigan staff, formal offers were transmitted … all that remained was collecting signatures.  Michigan formally announced the addition of MacDonald Sunday afternoon.

In the meantime, sources on Sunday told FootballScoop that Gators’ head coach Dan Mullen reached out to Robinson to attempt to retain his linebackers coach. Sources with direct knowledge said Mullen and the Gators countered Michigan’s offer to Robinson, with the Gators offering to elevate Robinson’s pay.

Will Michigan counter and stay in the race for the 30-year old defensive assistant? Stay tuned, an answer should come sooner than later.  

https://wolverineswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/17/florida-gators-trying-to-keep-michigan-football-from-hiring-christian-robinson

Edited by LTtxfan

5 year extension to a guy who face planted in his time in Ann Arbor. Holy crap, Michigan fans are in hell. I get the low buyout but shitcanning this guy for 4 million seems like 4 million too much. You’re committing to pay this guy $4 mil more to hit the bricks when his contract is soon to run out anyway. There’s not a reason in hell why this guy should still be allowed on campus. I get the lame duck status with regards to recruiting, but any fool knows he ain’t gonna be there long if he doesn’t conjure up a miracle and when Michigan sucks next year too, they’ll be in the same situation as every other school that changes coaching staff. Throw money at Matt Campbell or anyone.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Lhorn said:

5 year extension to a guy who face planted in his time in Ann Arbor. Holy crap, Michigan fans are in hell. I get the low buyout but shitcanning this guy for 4 million seems like 4 million too much. You’re committing to pay this guy $4 mil more to hit the bricks when his contract is soon to run out anyway. There’s not a reason in hell why this guy should still be allowed on campus. I get the lame duck status with regards to recruiting, but any fool knows he ain’t gonna be there long if he doesn’t conjure up a miracle and when Michigan sucks next year too, they’ll be in the same situation as every other school that changes coaching staff. Throw money at Matt Campbell or anyone.

Not true. His 2021 salary went from $8M to $4M with incentives tied to winning with a $4M buyout. It's for recruiting optics and to give him another shot at righting the ship.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Parliament said:

It's to make it cheaper to fire him next year.

Firing him today costs $8M. Firing him after next season costs a total of $8M. They're essentially letting him coach the final year of his contract and trying to mitigate the appearance of a deadman walking. It's literally just for optics as far as recruits are concerned.

17 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Steel hardens steel; truth be told OSU needs someone in the B1G to challenge them and make them get better. 
Unless making the playoffs is the ultimate goal.

Not trying to rip on the Buckeyes, but is it really worth continuing to celebrate beating Michigan?
(other than kicking a dog when he is down, I'll tell you from experience it's more fun to beat a good Michigan team - but that takes a long memory)

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

Steel hardens steel; truth be told OSU needs someone in the B1G to challenge them and make them get better. 
Unless making the playoffs is the ultimate goal.

Not trying to rip on the Buckeyes, but is it really worth continuing to celebrate beating Michigan?
(other than kicking a dog when he is down, I'll tell you from experience it's more fun to beat a good Michigan team - but that takes a long memory)

I lived through the John Cooper years so it will always be worth celebrating a win over Michigan. Michigan still has a 6 game lead in the series (after starting 13-0 dating back to the late 19th Century). Not celebrating a win over Michigan can’t even be considered until OSU has at least a 6 game lead over them.

It’s complicated and there’s a paradox involved. It’s better for the rivalry and for the Big Ten that Michigan field a competitive team. It’s a lot more rewarding as a Buckeye for OSU to beat a good Michigan team. For the sake of the rivalry, it would be better if Michigan won some games. With my head I know that’s true but with my heart I can’t ever root for it to actually happen in any particular game. But heartbreak and pain is what fuels a rivalry. It’s true, steel hardens steel. Michigan hasn’t been holding up their side of the deal. They need to get better and it will suck if and when OSU loses to them again. Until that happens, though, I’m going to go right on celebrating every victory over that team up north.

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

They can accomplish that by scheduling really good programs in their noncon schedule.

Scheduling is about getting wins and getting home games; and not in that order.
Teams want ticket sales, concessions and parking, so at most you get one good home & home series. 
Until the playoffs expand, teams would rather have money, home games and wins. It's just how the business is played.

2 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

It is. Focusing on the last game of the regular season focuses the players at peaking late.  Beat Michigan then make a run in the playoffs.  

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Not celebrating a win over Michigan can’t even be considered until OSU has at least a 6 game lead over them.

I don't think any Ohio State fan raised on the rivalry will be able to just shrug after a win over Michigan. Maybe if OSU keeps winning every year and Michigan finally ditches their fight song and the helmets and changes its colors to pink and baby blue and its mascot to the Snowflake, that visceral feeling will dissipate, but I doubt it.

I started following CFB when I was ten years old; someone who's thirty right now would have started following it in 2000 by that rubric. That means almost all they've seen of the rivalry is Ohio State winning, and that they haven't seen Michigan win a meaningful game in the rivalry since they were in the 8th grade. It would be interesting to see how someone that age feels about it.

3 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I don't think any Ohio State fan raised on the rivalry will be able to just shrug after a win over Michigan. Maybe if OSU keeps winning every year and Michigan finally ditches their fight song and the helmets and changes its colors to pink and baby blue and its mascot to the Snowflake, that visceral feeling will dissipate, but I doubt it.

I started following CFB when I was ten years old; someone who's thirty right now would have started following it in 2000 by that rubric. That means almost all they've seen of the rivalry is Ohio State winning, and that they haven't seen Michigan win a meaningful game in the rivalry since they were in the 8th grade. It would be interesting to see how someone that age feels about it.

Until they quit the sport.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, markstanco said:

Maybe.

I was listening to ESPNU yesterday and they discussed the weirdness of it.  Monday they just had a 90 second video of highlights and said maize beat blue or blue beat maize something to something.  I bet most fans are PISSED. 

I’m not pissed... I just want him to win 5 games this year so they fire this clown. This team is gonna stink. All these years and you don’t have a qb

• Hook 'Em 1

• 7 months later...

as shitty as it is I have come to grasp the reality that Harbaugh is as good as it gets at Michigan, while O$U is Bama North. A couple NY6 bowls mixed in with a bunch of Outback appearances and not beating O$U. 

Yeah it sucks he isn't going to ever beat Ohio State, but no one in the b1g is beating O$U so fuck it. I can't endure more of the Dickrod losing seasons or Brady cHoke 7-5s so give me 10 wins and losing to O$U every year I guess. 

Losing to O$U but backdooring into a Rose Bowl is good..... I guess....

FML 

Edited by Juicy

Damn, all the moves that got made in the off-season and this is the one that works out. Extending Harbaugh for less money. Good for Harbaugh for changing his ways and good for Michigan. If they get past Wisconsin they’ll be in the CFP, and they earned it. 

Most impressed by how he beat a tOSU team that’s mostly better across the board. Can he translate to recruiting and challenge the Buckeyes regularly?

In any case, this worked out well for Michigan, and a good object lesson in some patience. They could be in the middle of a rebuild but instead they’re playing for the B1G championship. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

They utterly dominated tOSU in the trenches. Bucks had better skill players but that was it. After all the shit he’s gotten I’m happy to see him finally beat the buckeyes. But then again I’m happy to see them lose to anyone. 

Hutchinson is a grown ass man. He’s making me think real hard about Thibodeux if I’m an NFL GM.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Damn, all the moves that got made in the off-season and this is the one that works out. Extending Harbaugh for less money. Good for Harbaugh for changing his ways and good for Michigan. If they get past Wisconsin they’ll be in the CFP, and they earned it. 

Most impressed by how he beat a tOSU team that’s mostly better across the board. Can he translate to recruiting and challenge the Buckeyes regularly?

In any case, this worked out well for Michigan, and a good object lesson in some patience. They could be in the middle of a rebuild but instead they’re playing for the B1G championship. 

this is a bit different.  the guy was successful san diego, built standford to 12 wins and coached in a fucking super bowl.  the guy has an actual resume as a head coach that would cause you to give him some rope.

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan