The “I’m buying premade tubs of sides for a lot of people” thread

luke duke

17 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I'm thinking about finding a company that sells cement trucks full of potato salad.  That way I can keep it well mixed and it won't seize up on us.

Nah. Then you'll have mashed potato salad which is ok but not what you want here. You want a nice waxy potato like a Yukon Gold. No mustard but maybe a hint of dill. 

1 pint per 3 people if that's all you're having as a side. Just a guess. 

25 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Wait....do you not have access to 1) a grocery store that sells the frozen trays of Luby's mac and cheese and 2) an oven?

Alternate question, if you answer those wrong -- are you a commie who hates America and freedom?

This is the tubs o' sides thread.  The "I'm buying premade trays of sides for a lot of people" thread is over there ------------------------->

Or, it isn't.

53 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Wait....do you not have access to 1) a grocery store that sells the frozen trays of Luby's mac and cheese and 2) an oven?

Alternate question, if you answer those wrong -- are you a commie who hates America and freedom?

Wait...  what? 

3 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

And for our dfw folks who don’t have access to regular HEB:

https://centralmarket.com/product/lubys-macaroni-and-cheese40-oz/

I’ll be picking up some this weekend. 

with that luby's frozen mac n cheese buy twice as much as you think you'll need.  speaking from personal experience.

Edited by gsoda3
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, kevwun said:

We do not have an oven onsite.  This is all mainly an excuse to drink with some skeet shooting mixed in.

A lot of drinking and skeet shooting. Yea that's a combination that's sure to end well. 

Edited by Mo Horn

On 8/29/2019 at 3:27 PM, conVINCEd said:

I too was unaware so I used the power of the intertrons.   Figured he meant Stouffers or some shit.  Nope. 

Ha.  We've been taking Luby's frozen mac 'n cheese to every family potluck dinner for years now.  Cook it, put it it in a different bowl, claim it's yours.  It kicks ass.

1 hour ago, Redneck Mutha said:

1) shithebmakeswhenitsopen.potatosalad.gif

2) pot o beans stick em in da crock pot on high for 4 hours with some seasoning and walla

3) tub o Rudy's cream corn, shit maybe move it to #1

4) Four Roses Select because fuck it, it's what's for dessert right now you fuckers

a tub of rudy's cream corn is like $40 / gallon.