Dallas Cowboys 2019 Season Thread -- Aaaah Zeke Out?

Patrick Bateman

Le Freak, see'est Chic.

So fuck the preseason.  It's over.  Game 1 week starts now.

Schedule:

D4ZOtOUWwAAQeWL.jpg

Projected roster:

EDKx0Y0WwAICNkz.png:large

Projected Salary Cap (pre any extensions after J. Smith):

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/dallas-cowboys/

It's long so no pic, but good site.

So... predictions?  Probably pain.  No extensions with the new big three and it also looks like.....

So..... some kid named Pollard, who was last seen as the change of pace back for the Memphis Tigers (college) last season may end up being the starting RB for the first game of the season.  Yea.

But.... don't worry.  He won't miss them all!

So.... call your shot.  Record and any playoff run?  

Giddy up.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Zeke missing games better not be their excuse for not firing Garrett. If this team doesn’t make the NFC championship game, Garrett should be gone. Shouldn’t matter how it happened. 

goddamn, you cracked it.  jerry engineered all this shit to make zeke miss games and give him an excuse to retain ginger.  

super bowl LIV this year.  that means we’re as far away from 52-17 as they were from super bowl I.  

cowboys-jerry-jones-1024x683.jpg

Fuck Zeke. Running backs need to know their fucking place and worth. Fuck those disposable bitches. 

Without Zeke Moore realizes can't give Pollard 24 carries a game and nobody wants to see Morris get more than a couple so he puts the offense on Dak's shoulders and he either sinks as a QB not worth $30+ mil or swims as one that can at least be considered worth that. 

I say he swims just enough. 10-6 or 11-5. 

But no matter what, fuck Zeke. 

I don’t want to keep beating this dead horse, but the bucs are about to cut Cairo Santos. Santos is 1000x better than Brett Maher. He’s an average NFL kicker that is better than Maher within 50 yards.

The jags cut Kai Forbath, who is 85% for his career on fgs. He’s never been good over 50 yards but he’s borderline automatic within 50. Maher was 75% last year, which puts him in the bottom quarter in the league for kickers. 

I wish they would grow a fucking pair and make a move, but they won’t. And it’ll cost us AT LEAST one game.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Suspension was bullshit.  What's your excuse for his latest run in with the Security guard?   Dumbass has to know he's under a microscope but is too fucking stupid to acknowledge that.  I'm an olds, refresh my memory of the run ins that Tony or Emmitt had in their early years in the NFL.  

HoF talent?  After only 3 seasons?  No one player is bigger than the franchise, especially with this group.  

59 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Cowboyfan: Zeke's suspension is bullshit!!!!!!

Also cowboyfan: but the off field issues!!!!!!

Shut the fuck up.

what’s on the menu for week 1?  I’ll put a tv in the kitchen so you can watch the game while you’re washing dishes. 

The suspension was bullshit, what made it bullshit was how the investigation went down and the length more than anything.  But throwing that aside Zeke also has

The tit grabbing incident

The bar altercation that sent a man to the hospital

The Vegas thing

and probably a thing or two else I am just not remembering.

As I said in another post all of this points to him being an out and out asshole at worst and at best an immature dipshit who doesn't seem to be able to learn how to separate himself from trouble.  That in and of itself is worth a nice fat haircut on an NFL contract

25 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

What does Joe Thomas know about building a sustainable winning NFL roster?

I'm cool if Zeke wants to be paid his absolute ceiling. Ship him off to a bad team with cap space.

And get what in return? We are one of the only teams whose offense is based around and needs a top tier bell cow RB. Why would a real bad team want to take Zeke on? And if we trade him now, that would be an absolute waste of a draft pick. We picked him with the idea we would give him a second contract. They had to know it was going to be a good amount. If that is your plan and approach, then do it. What does it matter if it is now or next year?

31 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

And get what in return? We are one of the only teams whose offense is based around and needs a top tier bell cow RB. Why would a real bad team want to take Zeke on? And if we trade him now, that would be an absolute waste of a draft pick. We picked him with the idea we would give him a second contract. They had to know it was going to be a good amount. If that is your plan and approach, then do it. What does it matter if it is now or next year?

So why in the hell would you way overpay him if to every other team in the league he doesn't have the value and won't get anywhere near Gurley if he's a FA? You don't negotiate against yourself. 

Put a first round pick number on him and call every other GM in the league and say he's yours if you want him. If you get no takers then why would you pay premium money for an asset that isn't even worth a first round pick to anyone else? Especially at a position where rookie mid rounders routinely come in and get the job done for championship teams and you have yourself a damn good looking rookie first rounder. 

If you have any kind of money I envy the person that sells you a house or cars. 

I think Vic is also making an assumption that Kellen Moore can’t call an offense that utilizes Dak’s strengths as both a runner and a passer. We’re going to learn a lot these first couple of weeks in regards to whether or not we still have this ancient offense that we’ve had throughout the Scott Linehan era. Assuming that it’s going to be the same offense is stupid IMO. It could be, but we don’t know. We have no idea.

3 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I think Vic is also making an assumption that Kellen Moore can’t call an offense that utilizes Dak’s strengths as both a runner and a passer. We’re going to learn a lot these first couple of weeks in regards to whether or not we still have this ancient offense that we’ve had throughout the Scott Linehan era. Assuming that it’s going to be the same offense is stupid IMO. It could be, but we don’t know. We have no idea.

The beauty of the holdout is that without Zeke it can't be the same offense. It will force them to change it because Pollard can't tote it 23+ times a game. He isn't built like that. It will force them to adjust to personnel and actually enter the late 2010's in terms of ratio of QB to RB responsibility needed to win in this "no contact to QBs and Receivers" era. Besides, after Jaylon and if they paid Zeke/Dak/and Amare it would be I believe 11 players on high priced contract money and in the NFL if your QB is making over 27 or so a year you can't afford to do more than 8-9 and realistically compete. 6 of those would be on offense alone. That means you start staying bye to Malik Collins, Xavier Woods, Byron Jones, Chidobe and/or Jordan Lewis, the two deep players at DE opposite Tank, etc. The defense (especially secondary) starts looking shitty really fast in a league where your cover guys are tied for most valuable to a defense with rush ends. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

Suspension was bullshit.  What's your excuse for his latest run in with the Security guard?   Dumbass has to know he's under a microscope but is too fucking stupid to acknowledge that.  I'm an olds, refresh my memory of the run ins that Tony or Emmitt had in their early years in the NFL.  

HoF talent?  After only 3 seasons?  No one player is bigger than the franchise, especially with this group.  

The attention seeking, obviously full of shit security guard? Very convenient to take that douche's side.

Did Tony or Emmitt play in the social media era? Then there's that whole thing where we employed and enabled a fucking crackhead(see: exceptions being made for HOF talent).

The NFL is full of reprehensible people. Funny to see where some draw the line.

Edited by Pam Cummings

13 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

The attention seeking, obviously full of shit security guard? Very convenient to take that douche's side.

Did Tony or Emmitt play in the social media era? Then there's that whole thing where we employed and enabled a fucking crackhead(see: exceptions being made for HOF talent).

The NFL is full of reprehensible people. Funny to see where some draw the line.

Weak.  Want to try that again? 

Even though I’m in the camp that says, fuck it, pay him, you don’t give someone a dumbass contract just because someone else gave a rb a dumbass contract if you’re smart. I’ve just accepted that we’re going to be mediocre in 3-4 years regardless, so fuck it. Just pay him so we can go 11-5 or 12-4 and let’s roll. 

• Like 1

I don't blame Zeke for holding out, I just think it's stupid business for him because what he brings is devalued in this era of football. There's zero reason for the Cowboys to give in to him. They have a replacement in camp who looks good, a new OC who can adjust the offense to take advantage of the new era rules, and a QB who needs the opportunity to show he can carry a team. No other team in the league wants to trade for him because no other team values what he does at that price point either. RBs are realistically worth max 8-10 a year players now, and you'd better be able to motion out of the backfield and torch LBs/safeties if you want that 10. The Gurley deal is the ridiculous outlier and the league is now in the beginning stages of resetting the proper value for what they bring to this era of football. Any team that pays more for a RB (hopefully Giants, although Saquon is more valuable than Zeke) will regret it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

I don't blame Zeke for holding out, I just think it's stupid business for him

He’s not going to sit out two full years, pay all fines and get a better deal than what the cowboys already put on the table in free agency. Cowboys can’t keep leveraging their future by pretending the cap doesn’t exist 

Put two contracts on the table. One close to Zeke's demands, one closer to the Cowboys best offer. If Zeke earns a rushing title or all purpose yards title, or carries the team to an NFC championship he gets his. If he's not in the top 5 rushers/yardage guys and the Cowboys fall short of the divisional round, the Cowboys get there's. Anything in between and they split the difference. Anything short and he just plays out his current deal.

Edited by DougO

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I don't think the bolded part is correct.  When the Cowboys drafted Zeke in 2016, Romo was still the QB.  He had signed a 6 year extension in 2013.  The Cowboys were expecting Romo to play through at least 2019.  I think the plan was to use Zeke the same way they did with DeMarco.  Run him into the ground and get rid of him. 

Why did the Cowboys take Zeke at #4 if they weren't going to keep him around for a second deal?  I think they figured their best chance to win was to have a bad ass RB, who could take pressure off of Romo.  The idea wasn't to build the offense around Zeke.  They drafted Zeke to make the offense more Romo-friendly.  But this was always Romo's offense.  I'm convinced Zeke would have been treated the same way as DeMarco. 

But Romo got hurt and Dak had to start.  So the offensive philosophy changed.  And that's why there is a desire to keep Zeke around for a second contract.  I don't think it was the plan from the get go.  And with the Cowboys willing to let Zeke hang, I think it means they're thinking Dak is getting close to where Romo was circa-2015, and that they'd be fine running Zeke into the ground and not resigning him.  Especially if Pollard lights it up to start the season, which he very well could against 3 weak teams.

Edited by Jive Turkey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Preach. Everyone bitching about Zeke holding out after 3 years, the owners signed up for this. 

Negotiating a new deal after 3 years, and refusing to honor the balance of your current contract, are different items. 

Dallas is currently negotiating, zeke is holding himself hostage.