Dallas Cowboys 2019 Season Thread -- Aaaah Zeke Out?

Patrick Bateman

Couldn’t care less. Get him here, and cross that bridge when we get there. If anything, maybe it takes some of the “pie” away from Dak. If he’s here and he’s healthy and in shape, show me a fucking loss.

And either Chunn or Jackson would absolutely be here if they didn’t think this would get done before week 1. That’s as good a sign as any.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Hard to know if we should be excited until we see the guaranteed number.
Why does it matter? Fans worry about this financial shit too much these days. Enjoy football for the entertainment factor. We aren't getting paid to manage the cap. They easily have the money to do what they want to at this point.

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I’d rather have Brian Hoyer, who the Pats just released. I think he’s the perfect 1-2 game fill in backup that would be good for the qb room and all that shit. It’ll never happen though

hoyer released almost immediately after mike white becomes available.  

not a coincidence. 

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

hoyer released almost immediately after mike white becomes available.  

not a coincidence. 

Lol Jarrett stidam played better than mike white and cooper rush combined this preseason. I hope he makes it somewhere, man. For your sake 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

38 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He wouldn’t be landing at dfw, it would be Dallas executive or Addison. 

New plan:  sign zeke and keep Maher, always go for it inside the 30. Maher can kick from 47-60. 

Except last season the cowboys were the 2nd worst red zone team in the NFL with Zeke playing all year. 

Bottom line is the cowboys offense is bottom half of the league and atrocious in the red zone yet Jerry is backing up the truck to pay 6 of the 11 starters among highest in the NFL at their positions. Find mediocrity and overpay to keep it. That's almost as stupid as the Houston Texans. Almost. 

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Caught a little of the call-in -- or maybe it was the recorded part -- but Jerry kept sniffling when he was talking. Was very odd. Maybe he was doing rails off Jean's thigh in between questions.

It was Friday evening, right? Probably coked out and full of Johnny Blue by then.

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Houston traded a shit load of picks for Tunsil, who has one year left on his deal.  They did not even contact his agent about an extension before the trade.  That's a move that would make Jerry blush.

the kind of move a team without a GM that is letting it's hot seat coach run would make

Edited by Junior Miller

Think we should just roll with Pollard for Week 1 and see how the offense looks.
Zeke wants too much. Let him sit a week and reevaluate.
I think you mean table the discussion until after season like the chargers did....come play while you have 2 years on deal or sit all year and still have 2 years on deal when you get back

35 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

La’el Collins about to sign an extension similar to Jaylon’s per Charles Robinson and announced on 105.3 this morning 

I'm shocked by this.  I guess Stephen thinks he's got enough money to do them all.

I like La'el and glad he resigned.  I read that the deal was similar to Jaylons  in that it's team friendly and player-friendly.

Can't wait to see the terms.

1 minute ago, Post Oak said:

5/50. 35 guaranteed

Seems pretty good to me

That's a really solid contract in my opinion.  

Also heard this morning that if we were to cut Tyron after this season, we could save $40mm in cap over the next three years with only $5mm in dead money.  That's something to keep an eye on.  

I’m not going to pretend to act like I know wtf I’m talking about on this topic, but how is it smart to put that much money into the oline? I have no problem with Collins, and I think he’s a fine RT, but at what point are we going to have to let some of these names walk? Because if you put a gun to my head and asked me which UFA won’t be here at the beginning of next year because we can’t afford him, I would’ve said Collins easily. 

Just now, youdunnf'dup said:

I’m not going to pretend to act like I know wtf I’m talking about on this topic, but how is it smart to put that much money into the oline? I have no problem with Collins, and I think he’s a fine RT, but at what point are we going to have to let some of these names walk? Because if you put a gun to my head and asked me which UFA won’t be here at the beginning of next year because we can’t afford him, I would’ve said Collins easily. 

I wouldn't doubt a bit if the Cowboys dangled Collins straight up to Houston for Clowney.  However, the injury to McGovern(sp?) perhaps changed the trajectory on what they were wanting to do.  

• Like 1