Dallas Cowboys 2019 Season Thread -- Aaaah Zeke Out?

Patrick Bateman

3 hours ago, TornACL said:

This is the same shit like at UT, but opposite. When the offense is good Herman is calling the plays and when it sucks, Beck is calling the plays. 

Much more likely that the change in personality was due to the injuries up front. We all know this team is a giant pussy whenever any starting OL go down. 

this.  Garrett didn't take over playcalling against the Jets but I am sure he told Moore to limit the exposure to Dak with our tackles out.  which of course meant jets could load up on first down, and blitz like crazy after we got behind the chains.  cooper/cobb being out turned it into a loss almost immediately because Garrett basically forced kellen to turtle and Dak's safety blankets were gone.

11 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Hot take: Amari Cooper is the most important, and most talented player on this team. 

I'd say he's probably 2 behind Dak in importance.  That trade looks damn genius at this point.  Why was Oakland wanting to get rid of him considering he doesn't do the whole drama thing? 

2 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I'd say he's probably 2 behind Dak in importance.  That trade looks damn genius at this point.  Why was Oakland wanting to get rid of him considering he doesn't do the whole drama thing? 

Amari probably wasn't into the whole Gruden cult of personality thing, no drama, but probably didn't mesh.  Gruden probably figured, if I can get a 1 I'll take it.

1 hour ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Apparently Dak leads the league in QBR. I think he's a little than Wentz, and definitely more durable.

Wentz is a front running QB. Like in 2017, Eagles were rolling over everyone. And all was great. Any time adversity hits, Wentz and his teams shrivel up. Basically the anti Dak. I never got why people thought it was so asinine to think Dak was better than Wentz and would rather have him as the QB. I would not choose Wentz over Dak any day of the week. 

Dak/Zeke own Wentz and the Eagles.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Remember all the fans here (and elsewhere) who hated the trade and thought Cooper sucked?!?

Yep. I was one of them. I was wrong as fuck. 

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Wentz is a front running QB. Like in 2017, Eagles were rolling over everyone. And all was great. Any time adversity hits, Wentz and his teams shrivel up. Basically the anti Dak. I never got why people thought it was so asinine to think Dak was better than Wentz and would rather have him as the QB. I would not choose Wentz over Dak any day of the week. 

Dak/Zeke own Wentz and the Eagles.

How do you really feel about Carson Wentz. It's not clear at this point.

Edited by irishtexan
  • Like 1

These are always fun to read

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/10/21/20924591/trolling-the-nation-for-eagles-cowboys-i-thought-doug-said-we-were-going-to-win

Here’s your chance to relive what fans of other NFL teams were thinking while they were watching the Cowboys crush the Eagles souls - via the comments made by those fans while watching the game.

Enjoy.

Disclaimer: All quotes are taken directly from the open game threads from the SB Nation team sites as indicated in front of every comment. Some minor edits have been made to improve the overall legibility of the quotes and to satisfy our site guidelines, but no other changes have been made, no commentary added.

click the link for all the responses as the game went on

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

No idea how you felt about it, but good for you for being accountable.  He had played injured the previous year and dropped a number of balls.  Just never meshed with Chucky so his value was pretty low but he was so young and the best route runner in the NFL.  It was sort of amazing that folks didn't understand we needed a true difference maker in the passing game.  Sometimes as bitter pill as it is, we have to tip our hats to the front office.... blind squirrel and all.  Wasn't just here either... it was the general narrative.

6 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

In fairness,  people hated what we gave up for him.  Not the player himself. 

IIRC, there were some folks who flat out hated him as a player.  Thought he was lazy, had bad hands and would never be a difference maker.  Sure, I would have rather given up a 2 and 4 as well (I think the Philly offer), but we were more desperate and it's been well worth it, IMO.  This is #1 production.  

• Like 1

Just now, C-Man said:

This. The Cowboys were sitting at 3-5 and looked like they were trending to a Top 10 pick in the 1st at the time.

In the past 5 years there have been 3 pro-bowl wide receivers taken in the first round.  Mike Evans, Odell,  annnnnd Amari Cooper. 

Those true #1s are hard to find.  Coop is one of em. 

Someone suggested when Maher lines up for a kick inside 50 yards, just snap the ball an extra 10 yards and he will be fine haha.

This guy is the best long distance kicker this league has seen but he is shaky at the normal distance kicks. No idea why. Is it pressure? No one expects you to make those so you go out there with no real pressure. You don't even really try to aim so much either. You just go out and fucking kick the shit out the ball as hard as you can.

I know playing basketball, some people are better at the longer range shots than the shorter ones. Could be the same concept. With the shorter shorts, your release is much different and it's more accuracy and touch based.

9 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Someone suggested when Maher lines up for a kick inside 50 yards, just snap the ball an extra 10 yards and he will be fine haha.

This guy is the best long distance kicker this league has seen but he is shaky at the normal distance kicks. No idea why. Is it pressure? No one expects you to make those so you go out there with no real pressure. You don't even really try to aim so much either. You just go out and fucking kick the shit out the ball as hard as you can.

I know playing basketball, some people are better at the longer range shots than the shorter ones. Could be the same concept. With the shorter shorts, your release is much different and it's more accuracy and touch based.

It's all mental.  That was a great kick and clearly he's got a cannon for a leg, but there was zero pressure in it was making the score 27-7 vs 24-7.  That's not exactly the scenario where kickers earn their money.

Edited by Gene Parmesan
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

LA is basically selling out to win SBs right now.  They know full well they are going to sweat their contracts and lack of draft picks, they are just hoping to have a trophy to show for it.

Stadium....wants to be good to open the stadium and therefore ensure they get their suites and season tix packages sold..... Kroenke is like Jerrah, he'd rather make money than be good.  It's a win-win for him if they can do both.

22 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Stadium....wants to be good to open the stadium and therefore ensure they get their suites and season tix packages sold..... Kroenke is like Jerrah, he'd rather make money than be good.  It's a win-win for him if they can do both.

Not to mention Jerruh's got some skin in that stadium as well as the one in Vegas.  

5 hours ago, irishtexan said:

Hot take: Amari Cooper is the most important, and most talented player on this team. 

Watch out, you might burn yourself with that tepid/luke warm take. lol

5 hours ago, dcar00 said:

this.  Garrett didn't take over playcalling against the Jets but I am sure he told Moore to limit the exposure to Dak with our tackles out.  which of course meant jets could load up on first down, and blitz like crazy after we got behind the chains.  cooper/cobb being out turned it into a loss almost immediately because Garrett basically forced kellen to turtle and Dak's safety blankets were gone.

Agreed. Garrett never took over playcalling...it was probably game planning through the week that caused the change.  They obviously played more conservative as a team in the Superdome, and shouldn't have.  And again vs the Jets with all those injuries, especially to the OL.  The GB game seems to be having some revisionist history.  The Offense was fine.  Dak had some really poor throws and a couple of mistakes that allowed GB to run over our defense to build a lead.  Once the Offense found it's footing they got it a 1 score game.  Not the best game at all, but the offense wasn't bad.  Probably just more aggressive than it should have been(especially Dak)

5 hours ago, irishtexan said:

How do you really feel about Carson Wentz. It's not clear at this point.

He hates him.  Just to be clear.

4 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

On Dak's play and his prospective value in negotiations.

What's funny is Eagles/Rams fans try to say "Take out Dak's fluke rookie year, and he's not as good as Goff/Wentz" which is absurd.  He's been the better QB over 2.5 seasons as a whole, and THEN you add one of the best Rookie seasons ever on top of that.

4 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Remember all the fans here (and elsewhere) who hated the trade and thought Cooper sucked?!?

I don't remember anyone saying Cooper sucked, just that he wasn't a top 10 WR and the 1st they were giving up was looking like it would be a top 15 pick for a team that was imploding and 3-5. It worked out better than was expected to so good move the risk paid off. 

6 hours ago, irishtexan said:

6 hours ago, irishtexan said:

Cooper's great, and yes, we have to have a deep threat for everything to work, but Zeke is the best player on the team. He's been running hard for weeks, but the OC hasn't given him anything to work with, until last night. Talk about durable. He punishes people.

Moore had Dak running early. Where has that been. He also made an effort to get Zeke outside. The Eagles blitzed seven times and Dak completed 7 passes when they did.

4 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

I don't remember anyone saying Cooper sucked, just that he wasn't a top 10 WR and the 1st they were giving up was looking like it would be a top 15 pick for a team that was imploding and 3-5. It worked out better than was expected to so good move the risk paid off. 

I remember someone making the ridiculous claim that he was a poor route runner. 

7 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

This guy is the best long distance kicker this league has seen

greg the leg?  I swear you’re the dumbest motherfucker on surly.  your grammar is awful, on your best day you spell at a 4th grade level, and it’s pretty apparent you’ve never seen the game of football outside of watching the dallas cowboys.  fucking hilarious. 

"Mike White has the biggest cock I've ever seen!"

Some futureman post, somewhere 
He's upset his 31-17 prediction failed and his golden boy Wentz is actually a fraud. He desperately wanted Wentz to win last night to push that agenda he has against Dak. It's his shtick. He sure was quiet last night. Tucked good tail between his legs with some weak ass deflection post after the game.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
9 minutes ago, SurlyBDR said:
"Mike White has the biggest cock I've ever seen!"

Some futureman post, somewhere 

Read more  

He's upset his 31-17 prediction failed and his golden boy Wentz is actually a fraud. He desperately wanted Wentz to win last night to push that agenda he has against Dak. It's his shtick. He sure was quiet last night. Tucked good tail between his legs with some weak ass deflection post after the game.

Indeed he did

• Like 1

greg the leg?  I swear you’re the dumbest motherfucker on surly.  your grammar is awful, on your best day you spell at a 4th grade level, and it’s pretty apparent you’ve never seen the game of football outside of watching the dallas cowboys.  fucking hilarious. 
Maher has 3 field goals of over 60 in less than a season of games. Two inside and another in NY. He makes them look easy. Name me another kicker who has accomplished this you fucking moron. Now run along and wait for Dallas to lose again so you can spew your diarrhea about Dak all over the place.

13 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Maher has 3 field goals of over 60 in less than a season of games. Two inside and another in NY. He makes them look easy. Name me another kicker who has accomplished this you fucking moron. Now run along and wait for Dallas to lose again so you can spew your diarrhea about Dak all over the place.

I don’t give a shit about three long field goals from a mediocre kicker.  greg the leg is 10x the kicker maher is and a better distance kicker, too.  you are a fucking unbelievable moron. 

23 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

you’re an awful cowboys fan.  midway through the jets game you were hoping we’d lose.  you’re a coward, dude.  a standard issue pussy, no more, no less.  sad.

That Jets loss is looking even more atrocious. This team is too mentally weak/distracted and Jekyll and Hyde to contend. They'll win this shitty division but the terrible coaching will once again get exposed in the playoffs. 

It's a shame because I think they have the talent to get to a super bowl with a legit coach. That's hard to build and impossible to sustain. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

14 hours ago, futureman said:

I don’t give a shit about three long field goals from a mediocre kicker.  greg the leg is 10x the kicker maher is and a better distance kicker, too.  you are a fucking unbelievable moron. 

About Maher, yeah this is right. He’s like the Harlem Globetrotters of kickers. The long drive competition winner at an exhibition event- Happy Gilmore before he learned to putt. He’s like building a time machine out of a DeLorean- awesome but then breaks down at critical moments . He’s the dude perfect of kickers. 

I’m working on more metaphors. I’ll do you guys a favor and keep them to myself tho. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

That Jets loss is looking even more atrocious. This team is too mentally weak/distracted and Jekyll and Hyde to contend. They'll win this shitty division but the terrible coaching will once again get exposed in the playoffs. 

It's a shame because I think they have the talent to get to a super bowl with a legit coach. That's hard to build and impossible to sustain. 

Their OL sucks and they have no weapons to speak of besides Bell offensively.  They're a draft or 2 away from being any type of contenders.  Regardless, that loss was indefensible and if it costs the Boys a playoff spot then there should be a culling of the coaching staff.

Niners just acquired Manny Sanders.  Be cool if we could get get a safety or 1 tech this week in a trade.  Give em' couple of weeks to get adjusted.

10 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Their OL sucks and they have no weapons to speak of besides Bell offensively.  They're a draft or 2 away from being any type of contenders.  Regardless, that loss was indefensible and if it costs the Boys a playoff spot then there should be a culling of the coaching staff.

Niners just acquired Manny Sanders.  Be cool if we could get get a safety or 1 tech this week in a trade.  Give em' couple of weeks to get adjusted.

I remember when Dallas has a coach and GM that knew they needed one more piece to win the whole thing ....#94 worked out pretty well ... if you think this is the year, load up and go for it.   I hate the complacency .... if the patriots feel like they can upgrade mid season they always do ... 

3 hours ago, futureman said:

fuck off impostor junes.  you didn’t think amari was a top 10 player at his position.  like I told you months ago he’s easily top 5, maybe top 3.  get bent you fat, dumb pile of trash. 

He wasnt a top 10 WR. Through 7 games he's jumped into the to 10 for this season with a great start. 

For someone named futureman you sure have trouble understanding how things change over time. 

1 hour ago, Junior Miller said:

He wasnt a top 10 WR. Through 7 games he's jumped into the to 10 for this season with a great start. 

For someone named futureman you sure have trouble understanding how things change over time. 

I understand that you were stupid then, you’re stupid now, and you’ll be stupid in the future.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 2:22 PM, michaelpshayes said:

I remember when Dallas has a coach and GM that knew they needed one more piece to win the whole thing ....#94 worked out pretty well ... if you think this is the year, load up and go for it.   I hate the complacency .... if the patriots feel like they can upgrade mid season they always do ... 

That's exactly what they did last season, and got killed for it(even though they were right).

If the right deal comes along I'm sure they'll jump on it.  But it's not as easy as saying "Offer such and such team their first rounder for a really good players" when both teams have to be agreeable to that.  The Jags got a really nice haul for Ramsey.  Any really good player will cost similar IMO.

2 hours ago, Drew said:

That's exactly what they did last season, and got killed for it(even though they were right).

If the right deal comes along I'm sure they'll jump on it.  But it's not as easy as saying "Offer such and such team their first rounder for a really good players" when both teams have to be agreeable to that.  The Jags got a really nice haul for Ramsey.  Any really good player will cost similar IMO.

what they did last year was a desperation move to save their season and it worked out better than anyone imagined ....