Dallas Cowboys 2019 Season Thread -- Aaaah Zeke Out?

Patrick Bateman

26 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

I don't think it can be overstated what a massive upgrade Bennett is inside.

He was very active last night..... good and bad.  If he can clean up some of his pre-snap stupidity and remember not to compromise his rush integrity, he's going to be really nice for us.  He played way more than I thought he may last night.  Could see him getting 4-6 sacks the rest of the way.

1 hour ago, Dr Fear said:

I don't think it can be overstated what a massive upgrade Bennett is inside.

Giants' offensive line is garbage, though.

12 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

For those of you trying to figure out value on Dak's contract.  

Just because a couple of other teams made mistakes doesn't mean you have to repeat them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Yup. That’s the gamble we made and we’re losing. Both Goff and wentz have had down years. Dak is having his best year as a pro. 

We're also getting trucked on Amari, who may have moved from 16mish to 18ish now.  Headed towards Thomas numbers.  We may just have to franchise one of them.

Found this interesting.

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

We're also getting trucked on Amari, who may have moved from 16mish to 18ish now.  Headed towards Thomas numbers.  We may just have to franchise one of them.

Found this interesting.

Wow -- Byron Jones has two takeaways in his career!!! I had to look it up -- and you're right.

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Wow -- Byron Jones has two takeaways in his career!!! I had to look it up -- and you're right.

Hands of stone..... he has terrible ball skills which is why he wasn't working at safety.  He's done well in his switch but he's not elite or anything.  Have a feeling, he'll probably bounce in the offseason, which makes Lewis' development more important in the slot and we'll probably be drafting a CB in top 3 rounds.

10 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Just because a couple of other teams made mistakes doesn't mean you have to repeat them.

At this stage, the options are franchise him which is estimated to be about 28m+ with new QB deals coming on the market.  You let him walk and then have to find a successor in the draft or take a chance on fixing someone like Mariota or Rosen (ewww).  Or trying to engineer a trade or sign a band aid for like a Foles or Dalton which means giving up probably day 2 assets.  Or work with him to find a contract which works.  These contracts aren't like the Gurley deal (which we proceeded to duplicate) which was such an outlier that almost every other franchise wouldn't come near it.  This is the going rate for young QBs.  Mahomes is going to get like 40m.

3 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Must've happened when someone ran up to him and handed him the ball. 

Byron Jones is the PBU king. He will get his fingertip on balls thrown his way and shut down another teams best option, but he just doesn’t get turnovers. I don’t know what to make of Chidoe anymore. He doesn’t really do either. Always in the right position, but he has terrible ball skills. 

19 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

You can run it over the last 48 games played and it would be a similar graphic 

I feel pretty confident in saying Dak is better than Goff, and he always has been. And im at the point now where he’s as good or better than Wentz. Hand up. I didn’t believe that before the year started. I do now. I still think wentz would be better than he is now if he was in our offense, but it don’t make a shit. Dak is legit. He has his flaws (we saw a lot of the good and the bad from him last night), but halfway through year 4 I feel good about where we’re at with him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

The first one is a joke.  2nd one is questionable but I could understand it.

Yeah that first one was Trash. 2nd one wasn't good either.

2 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Don't want to sound like Zavala but those are headscratchers.

I realize holding is a subjective call and one could argue it occurs on every play, but those calls seem beyond ticky tack.

Yeah, it was pretty bad last night for him.

2 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

For those of you trying to figure out value on Dak's contract.  

And put in perspective that Dak has been playing in a pretty bad offense(at least creatively), and under coaching we all think is trash.  Hard to keep ignoring what he's doing despite his supposed limitations AND the limitations of the brain trust he's under.

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I feel pretty confident in saying Dak is better than Goff, and he always has been. And im at the point now where he’s as good or better than Wentz. Hand up. I didn’t believe that before the year started. I do now. I still think wentz would be better than he is now if he was in our offense, but it don’t make a shit. Dak is legit. He has his flaws (we saw a lot of the good and the bad from him last night), but halfway through year 4 I feel good about where we’re at with him.

Pretty much.  It's why I find it so fucking laughable that I saw "experts" praising Wentz for his last two weeks(around 225 yards passing a TD or 2 in both games...stats that we killed Dak for), and then crapping on Dak saying last night proved he wasn't really good at all.  Dude had 3 TD's AFTER his stupid/inexplicable INT...and had another TD called back, or it would have been 4.

He's clearly having his best year as a QB.

12 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

We also get primetime cousins, so thank you NFL.

Awesome.

Also, the Cowboys(and Dak) are 17-5 in the Division since Dak/Zeke were drafted.  That's including the throw away losses in week 17 to Philly, and the games without Zeke(been a few, so it's not just him)

8-0 since they traded for Cooper.

How any other fucking fan base in this division giggled at the idea of the Cowboys paying Dak, acting like it would be GOOD for their team if Dak was locked up long term, is fucking ridiculous.  The Cowboys OWN this division.

Edited by Drew

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I have no issue with Dak other than he doesn't run enough and his deep balls aren't great.  he's good enough to win with a top 10-12 defense and an OL.  he isn't going to make chicken salad out of chicken shit on the reg. they need to be drafting Smith's replacement.

He's not great but he might get there.  

4 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Don't want to sound like Zavala but those are headscratchers.

I realize holding is a subjective call and one could argue it occurs on every play, but those calls seem beyond ticky tack.

the headscratchers are the norm not the outlier.  Connor had a couple recently.

for the last 4 years we are either #1 or #2 in offensive holding.  most of the teams high on the list are the suck except us.  we aren't great but we aren't in washington type suck category.  we are consistently up there whereas the teams around us change.  IMO it should be pretty random as to who is at the top or bottom unless you are a shitty OL trying to protect your QB.

we also get called for a crazy amount of holding on running plays as well.  zeke rips off a 12 yard gain..holding.  I think teams are complaining to officials before the game to look for it.  there are too many questionable ones we get called for.

The other thing is we are close to the bottom on being the beneficiary of holding calls for the same period. 

5 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

One of my best friends is an eagles fan (I know, everyone has flaws) and he reminds me every other week how it pisses him off thinking about how well the Amari Cooper trade has worked out for us. I don’t think in Stephen Jones wildest dreams he thought it would work out this well.

I believe Jerry did believe in his wildest dreams that it would work out so well. But he does that with every acquisition, only that's one of the very few that  actually met his expectations.

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

In regards to Garrett wearing the headset, has any one actually seen him talk into it? I can't remember one time I ever saw him speak into the headset. Is it all for show?

I wish they would not plug it in to the box they wear on their belts.

Just let the cord dangle

The results in the draft damn sure approved when they did the same to JerrAh  

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

In regards to Garrett wearing the headset, has any one actually seen him talk into it? I can't remember one time I ever saw him speak into the headset. Is it all for show?

I wish they would not plug it in to the box they wear on their belts.

Just let the cord dangle

The results in the draft damn sure approved when they did the same to JerrAh  

13 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Showing your age saying starplex

I might agree if it hadn't been multiple random names over the years, including back to starplex 2 years ago.

Former names The Amphitheatre at Fair Park (planning/construction)
Coca-Cola Starplex Amphitheatre (1988–98)
Starplex Amphitheatre (1999)
Smirnoff Music Centre (2000–08)
Superpages.com Center (2008–11)
Gexa Energy Pavilion (2011–16)
Starplex Pavilion (2017–18)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dos_Equis_Pavilion