Dallas Cowboys 2019 Season Thread -- Aaaah Zeke Out?

Patrick Bateman

Which I would normally say is a good thing...but all the injury luck this year has worked against them.

They HAVE to win this game, and the Detroit game. Get to 7-3 before it gets really tough.  The next 5 games they have to at least go 3-2 to be 8-5 before the final stretch.  Philly will probably be similar.

10 hours ago, Dr Fear said:

I might agree if it hadn't been multiple random names over the years, including back to starplex 2 years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dos_Equis_Pavilion

It will always be Starplex tin barn no matter who tacks their name to it.

Just like the Death Star. I don't give a damn about how much ATT paid Jerry. It's either JerryWorld or the Death Star.

10 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Really curious to know what Dak and his agent are asking for. If he hasn’t come down from $40mil a year, this is the right move. If it’s $32-$34mil, then wtf are we doing?

Reportedly, the 40m was never a thing other than a response to Stephen trying to negotiate in the press.  Latest reports/rumor are he's in the Goff territory for ask, but it's not always the AAV, a lot of times it's the years or guaranteed money or structure, etc, etc.  He's been playing very well but I think the Rams are probably having some heartburn about their deal.  Eagles, probably not so much but it's very early.  Regardless, if you're going to go this route and franchise him, it's going to get acrimonious to some degree.  That means they better get a solid vet in camp to take over in case he sits out (don't think he will) or doesn't want to risk it playing if he has an injury which makes him questionable.  Cooper Rush doesn't instill anyone with any confidence so need to be prepared more than ever next year if it indeed goes that way.  Franchise is expected to be anywhere between 30-33m now with some inflation in the QB contracts.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

We’re going to learn a lot about Dak over the 2nd half of the season. He’s played really well against bad competition this year, and above average against the good competition. Not all his fault (at all) but it’s the truth. Making the playoffs is still very much up in the air. He needs to play well down the stretch and I bet we end up budging.

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

Goff is almost as bad as a QB as you are as a poster.

Let's not get fucking insane here. Goff would have to throw 10 interceptions, lose 8 fumbles, and pull out a gun to murder his coach during the fourth quarter for him to play a game anywhere near as bad as futureman is as a poster

I know all you did was look at a stat line because you’re a simple dipshit.  goff took the ball on every snap and beat dak’s ass.  get over it. 

I know it’s a Shtick but anyone who Watched that game knows Dak outplayed Goff and it wasn’t close. The cowboys losses because they cousint stop the run at all and Zeke didn’t do shit. Dak had them within 8 and a 3rd and 8 from getting the ball back and probably tying it up.

Also I’m not worried about Stanford being out. Injury “luck” hasn’t helped us this year at all(no Brees/devante Adams in losses). I know Stafford loves to destroy us, but playing hurt my might help

I don't know what to feel about this game. Cowboys should win playing at home but the Vikings are a legit team and Zim is a better version of the same style of coach Garrett is. 

Dak is the better QB but Cousins has been on fire lately and has only thrown 3 picks all season. This one really feels like a toss up. 

19 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

I don't know what to feel about this game. Cowboys should win playing at home but the Vikings are a legit team and Zim is a better version of the same style of coach Garrett is. 

Dak is the better QB but Cousins has been on fire lately and has only thrown 3 picks all season. This one really feels like a toss up. 

i have no faith the Vikings win so