Dallas Cowboys 2019 Season Thread -- Aaaah Zeke Out?

Patrick Bateman

2 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

It was more than that.  It was also the play calls leading up to it to put them in that position.  2nd and 7 and you can get a first down without scoring a touchdown.  So, 3 plays to get 7 yards.  You have the highest paid running back in the league.  And it’s cold and raining.  3 fucking plays to get 7 yards.  And what do you do?  Waste 2 plays taking 2 unnecessary shots at the end zone.  Boom...it’s 4th and 7.  Which leads to making the next horrible decision to kick when 3 points is as worthless as 0 in that situation.  Fucking horrible coaching.

Yep, points all taken.  Pats had no business winning that game and I'm the biggest NE homer on this board.

Long story shot - Elliott should have had 30 carries in this game and, with proper punt protection, Dallas wins.   Period. 

2 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

Nobody gave us much of a chance going into this game and now we are going to cry about losing after that bs tripping call(twice by the way) cost us the 3rd down conversion?

Yeah we can complain about the fg as we still needed a td to win, but whose to say we wouldnt have kept drive on schedule without that dumb tripping call.

I want garrett gone but this game doesnt have any say in that imo...beat rams,bears,bills and eagles then we'll see if we can make a run in the playoffs.

We'll be lucky to win 2 of those games. We'll go to the playoffs because the nfc east sucks, but we'll be one and done. 

Just now, Bone3421 said:
3 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:
We'll be lucky to win 2 of those games. We'll go to the playoffs because the nfc east sucks, but we'll be one and done. 

Maybe...maybe not

I remember when I was young and filled with blind optimism. I hope you never lose it. For me, I have very little left. 

I remember when I was young and filled with blind optimism. I hope you never lose it. For me, I have very little left. 
Oh i dont have blind optimism. I know this team is not great or playing well. I also know crazy things happen. We could miss playoffs or we could go on a run...ill see what happens and hope garrett is gone next year regardless, but this game doesnt change anything that i felt last week. It shouldnt for anyone else either is my point. We were expected to lose and we lost. Could of maybe pulled it out without the tripping call bs but probably not

Fucked in the ass once again by the NFuckingFL. But that's what happens when you only try to win by a TD or a FG. You gotta go for the throat from the opening kickoff - and I don't think we did that. That's on Clappy Garrett, and probably Dak - who once again did everything possible to avoid taking off with the football. Fire Clappy.

And as far as that fucking tripping call - the blocker was knocked back on his ass. He could  hardly pull his fucking foot back under him. He was trying to stay upright. His cleats were in the ground. The referee should fucking be fired. Period.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

As far as the Witten thing goes.... to me this is 100% on the coaches.  Every guy wants to play and they wouldn't be out there if they didn't think they could contribute.  Self-awareness isn't an elite athlete's friend when it comes to diminishing physical tools.  

Here is the issue, from last week:

He should only be playing about 35-40% of the snaps, as was the plan in the first month of the season.  But now....

Jason's a HOF and deserves the career accolades like Ring of Honor and retired number and all the jazz when it comes to him, but he's hurting the team with how much he's playing.  This is on Garrett and the OC/TE coaches.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I'm on board with a ripe fucking by the Bills.  this team isn't winning a playoff game in the NFC and Garrett has been here 5 years too long already.  he's a cosplay coach at this point.

Cosplay coach--that's a good line. 

But look on the bright side. Things could be worse--we could have Carson Wentz at quarterback.

What does Garrett have to do with any of this shit. He is a known weak middle of the road ( or worse) NFL coach.

But how many decades does it take Cowboy fans to just give up on the asshole , JJ who has been trolling them ever since Parcells left, or really since Jimmy Johnson left. JJ gives zero fucks about W/L but somehow most Cowboy fans are either delusional or JJ Cucks, and think there is a chance to win. Why they support this Arkansas shyster is weird. It’s only about Cowboy Inc revenue , and yet, year after year, despite all the obvious signals, Cowboy fans fool themselves believing there is a chance to return to relevance. 

Where is the proof of that? 

There is none. 

JJ will only maybe change if his revenue stream takes a hit, everything else is just bullshit. Please wake up.

How much would Jerry sell the Cowboys for? 

Whatever the number it is, some billionaire who’s not a complete fucking moron has to see the value in taking this franchise over.  Any sign of life and you’re printing money.  Can’t we get one of those nerds from Silicon Valley to money whip this shithead?  

6 minutes ago, El Squared said:

What does Garrett have to do with any of this shit. He is a known weak middle of the road ( or worse) NFL coach.

But how many decades does it take Cowboy fans to just give up on the asshole , JJ who has been trolling them ever since Parcells left, or really since Jimmy Johnson left. JJ gives zero fucks about W/L but somehow most Cowboy fans are either delusional or JJ Cucks, and think there is a chance to win. Why they support this Arkansas shyster is weird. It’s only about Cowboy Inc revenue , and yet, year after year, despite all the obvious signals, Cowboy fans fool themselves believing there is a chance to return to relevance. 

Where is the proof of that? 

There is none. 

JJ will only maybe change if his revenue stream takes a hit, everything else is just bullshit. Please wake up.

I'm not sure what your point is?  we are hoping Jerry lucks into someone who can coach.  That is all we have left but it is better than watching the ginger grabbing his mic 600 hundred times a game like he's actually doing something.

2 minutes ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

Whatever the number it is, some billionaire who’s not a complete fucking moron has to see the value in taking this franchise over.  Any sign of life and you’re printing money.  Can’t we get one of those nerds from Silicon Valley to money whip this shithead?  

its not about the money(well it is but it isn't), its about being the owner of the most valuable franchise in sports and playing GM like you were trading football cards when you were 10 years old to build a team. Cowboys aren't for sale. a Jones will own them for the next 100 years.

Its hard to believe they were sold twice already.

23 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I'm not sure what your point is?  we are hoping Jerry lucks into someone who can coach.  That is all we have left but it is better than watching the ginger grabbing his mic 600 hundred times a game like he's actually doing something.

My point is Jones doesn’t really care about winning except winning dollars. Which is fine. It’s his team. He isn’t stupid.

JG never was a real coach that would be a contender, and yet JJ retained him. What does that tell you? 

Do you think he couldn’t get a better coach? He knows who the great coaches are, and has run off some of the best, not just once or twice.

So bottom line, why do Cowboy fans care about this the teams actual performance when the owner ( the major influencer) doesn’t? 

Its pathetic and ridiculous. Find a team that ownership at least superficially, cares about winning for real.

2 minutes ago, El Squared said:

My point is Jones doesn’t really care about winning except winning dollars. Which is fine. It’s his team. He isn’t stupid.

JG never was a real coach that would be a contender, and yet JJ retained him. What does that tell you? 

Do you think he couldn’t get a better coach? He knows who the great coaches are, and has run off some of the best, not just once or twice.

So bottom line, why do Cowboy fans care about this the teams actual performance when the owner ( the major influencer) doesn’t? 

Its pathetic and ridiculous. Find a team that ownership at least superficially, cares about winning for real.

I don't have another team and neither do 95% of the cowboys fans.  it doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see Garrett fired and hope Jones gets lucky and the Cowboys start winning again in spite of the Jones clan.  he has to have a head coach anyway.

Point being I don't think he could get a better coach on purpose but he might luck into one and I think with this roster the chances of getting lucky are higher.  ginger sucks.

32 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

My point is J doesn’t really give a shit about winning. Look how long JG is the “coach”.

He never was a real  coach that could win significantly at this level, and yet he he is year after year, retained by the asshole that is JJ.

its JJs team he can do whatever he wants, JJ isn’t stupid, but he doesn’t want a great coach or try to get a great coach. He has gotten rid of more that a couple great ones. Why?

Cowboy Fans should have a bit more self esteem , and move onto a team that at least pretends to care about being a contender, instead of the ridiculous clown shitshow that is happening for 25+ years under JJ since this last Super Bowl.

4 hours ago, RPM said:

Jerrah starting to badmouth coaching and game decisions in postgame interviews. Clap Clap Clap's seat has been ignited.

Troy said everything but, "This guy sucks total ass and is the reason they're losing" on the telecast.  

Clap-clap shouldn't have his proverbial head, much less a seat to get hot.

6 hours ago, El Squared said:

Cowboy Fans should have a bit more self esteem , and move onto a team that at least pretends to care about being a contender,

Lolz, frontrunners change teams for personal worth?

I'd contend that sticking with a team when you know they don't have a fucking chance requires a lot more fortitude... and loyalty.

Then again, it's the NFL.  Living and dying with my team's results pretty much ended with childhood.  I'm still not gonna wear another team's colors unless they aren't direct rivals with Dallas.  I'd wear a Chiefs cap because I like Mahomes.  That's never gonna happen with an NFC East team...IDC if their whole backfield was from Tech.

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, dcar00 said:

I don't have another team and neither do 95% of the Longhorn fans.  it doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see TH fired and hope CDC gets lucky and the Horns start winning again in spite of the BMD’s.  We have to have a head coach anyway.

Point being I don't think he could get a better coach on purpose but he might luck into one and I think with this roster the chances of getting lucky are higher.  Mensa sucks.

I only had to change 6 words. It’s like the Mad Libs of football. Depressing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, El Squared said:

Who else am I supposed to root for? I've resigned myself to the idea that this is what we are going to get. 

It applies to both of my football teams, pro and college. 

I know we are verging on the insanity definition, but Jerry’s post game responses and Aikman’s shitting  on the coaching during the broadcast feels different. Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel.

And if you saw the video, JJ didn’t look all that healthy either (ok, he hasn’t looked healthy since we first met him in 1989), so at 77, perhaps he’s ready to take a further step back, spend more time on that destroyer he calls a yacht and let Stephen and Junior become the ownership faces of the franchise (while he still makes enough noise to satisfy his ego). 

Probably a pipe dream, but this team has me ready to hit the pipe, and I don’t even like crack that much anymore.

(Back to Aikman for a second... I don’t read any “insider” reports or listen to Dallas media, but aren’t Troy and the Clapper pretty close? They were obviously teammates for a longtime. I was surprised to hear how honest Aikman was regarding coaching ineptitude, since Garrett is the man literally in charge of “Coaching.” I know Troy is a brutally honest dude in real life [I was deservedly on the end of a light admonishment from him as a young journalist back in the 90’s] so I’m not necessarily shocked, but still didn’t expect it.)

8 hours ago, El Squared said:

Why do citizens still care about this country when it's clear so many elected officials and bureaucrats don't.   Do you really want to discuss tribalism? blah blah blah?  I do agree that at this point one of the only real weapons the fans have is hurting the monetary value stream of the club but that's very hard to organize effectively and for a lot of "fans" (read corporations) this is just entertainment charged to the T&E line.  

9 hours ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

Any sign of life and you're printing money?  What do you think the most valuable sports franchise in the WORLD is doing now?

Some billionaire to money whip this shithead?  Jerry Jones is a multi multi billionaire.

He's the 3rd richest owner in the league and owns the most valuable team in the world and someone is gonna money whip him?

So Garrett MAYBE getting fired is the one bright spot for the season? I think we would have to get to the NFC Championship game (quite low odds) for him to stay.

Dak continuing to improve also a bright spot but he's going to get PAID almost every dollar he's worth.

Edited by Loch Ness Monster

18 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

if anyone listened to the radio broadcast, brad sham was lighting garrett on fire at any opportunity he got.  it was nice to hear.

Interesting, Sham has stayed where he has for all these years for a few reasons, one of which is walking a pretty narrow line with regard to any criticism of the organization in terms of decisions, coaching etc.  If he turned it loose maybe it's because he knows it's ok to turn it loose.

8 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I'm listening to Norm and they said there was a total of 5 tripping calls this whole entire season league wide. In every single fucking game played. And they called 2 in our game yesterday...Cool.

One of the reasons why I don't watch the NFL anymore. Well, I watched enough to see the 2nd one and I've seen less ridiculousness in the WWF. No rational person can watch that shit and think there's not an agenda.

I know a lot of people like him but I can't stand Brad Sham. He comes off as the biggest pompous dickwad every broadcast. Just a horrible personality. 

The issue is this season was the last of the cowboys window. The season where they had the most talent and depth they'll ever have (unless they hit the draft like never before) during the Dak era. Even though I know 99.99% Garrett's shittiness will get them beat in the playoffs I still want them to make it just for that .01% pure unadulterated, unfiltered luck chance. 

Otherwise, after this year the only hope is Stephen pulls a Commodus on Marcus Aurelius then after ascending to the throne sends a ship filled with $15 -20 million a year to Belichick with the solemn promise to stay the fuck out of the business of coaching the team. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hard Times said:

One of the reasons why I don't watch the NFL anymore. Well, I watched enough to see the 2nd one and I've seen less ridiculousness in the WWF. No rational person can watch that shit and think there's not an agenda.

Dallas' biggest issue is still Jason Garrett and Marinelli and of course how Jerry runs the team. But it seems so often, Dallas gets the wrong end of these fucking calls. Go back to the Skins game last year where the long snapper got called for some obscure call that is rarely ever called and then we lose. The call in the GB playoff game where it had to do something with the huddle and ruined that drive. When is Dallas ever on the right end of these kind of calls. Seems these obscure calls where you have to go down into the rulebook happen against Dallas to garner controversy like you said, WWF style.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I'm listening to Norm and they said there was a total of 5 tripping calls this whole entire season league wide. In every single fucking game played. And they called 2 in our game yesterday...Cool.

It was obvious they were specifically looking for this.  this tells me that Belicheck said something to the officials and of course they complied. on likely the most important play of the game.

The holding on Tryon Smith was dubious at best.  That same move happens every other play to lawrence.  Its comical at this point but the real problem is the Head Coach.

12 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Not good. 

On the playoffs:

based on comments from Jerry about the roster I have hope  no make playoffs - Garret fired. Lose first game - Garrett fired(potentially a keep Garrett/puppet and make him fire a bunch of assistants, which is deck chairs).

This team is not winning a playoff game against any playoff team so there is hope, IMO