Dallas Cowboys 2019 Season Thread -- Aaaah Zeke Out?

Patrick Bateman

15 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Lots of issues with talent, coaching, and ownership.

Other than that Cowboys are looking good.

you’re damn right we’re looking good.  we’re a first place team in line for the playoffs.  if the eagles win on sunday we’re STILL in first place.  garrett is crushing it right now. 

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

the Rams and McVay are going to carve up Marinelli/Richard and this bunch of spares.  This season is over.  Eagles will win the East.  Their schedule is too easy...including the Cowboys.

Don't give the Eagles too much credit. They're not a good football team, either. 

this team is really bad, masked by playing in the worst division in football.   they will fire Garrett, get a retread like Rivera because no successful coach or coach with a future will want to get Jones'd.
I would kill for rivera....have you not seen our coach for last 10 years

12 minutes ago, C-Man said:

This team has problems all the way around but they need to cut Maher tomorrow. He’s an embarrassment.

Did you hear what he said after the game? That he'll put his head on the pillow tonight feeling good about what he did today. Lulz, dude's trolling now. Jerry's own kicker is trolling him

49 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

would rather urban to Texas and riley to the cowboys so it helps the horns and the cowboys, but fuck it. I’d be 100% down if the longhorns are going to puss out on hiring a real coach like Urban.

Urban has never coached a day in the NFL. Not often does a guy make college-to-NFL jump successfully. College is Urban's game.

46 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

No Jane, the Cowboys aren't hiring the fucking Clemson OC. The guy who has somehow had possibly the best looking raw QB prospect since Luck regress this season under his watch. 

Regress? After a slow start, Lawrence has a 25-to-3 TD/INT ratio in the last nine games. His QB rating is also 20 points higher than it was last year.

Edited by C-Man

Just now, futureman said:

head coaching in the NFL is not often successful.  urban is as good a choice as anyone not coaching the patriots. 

Why? It's a completely different game. Recruiting is a huge part of his success. There's none of that at the next level. It's almost all coaching as the teams are much more evenly matched on a week-to-week basis. I say all this knowing that just about anybody would be a better option for the Cowboys than Redball at this point.

3 minutes ago, futureman said:

head coaching in the NFL is not often successful.  urban is as good a choice as anyone not coaching the patriots. 

Fucking this

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

Why? It's a completely different game. Recruiting is a huge part of his success. There's none of that at the next level. It's almost all coaching as the teams are much more evenly matched on a week-to-week basis. I say all this knowing that just about anybody would be a better option for the Cowboys than Redball at this point.

He was pretty fucking successful at both bowling green and Utah before he got to Florida. He’s a really good game day coach too. I don’t see any reason he couldn’t have a Pete Carroll like transition to the NFL. Outside of being apart of this dumpster fire organization, of course. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dcar00 said:

the Rams and McVay are going to carve up Marinelli/Richard and this bunch of spares.  This season is over.  Eagles will win the East.  Their schedule is too easy...including the Cowboys.

The fact that this is the structure of our defensive coaching staff is beyond ridiculous. We can't even cut a kicker who has been absolutely abysmal for 2 seasons because our senile owner hasn't give the go ahead on that obvious decision yet. Additionally we allow an old, feeble defensive line coach to dictate personnel decisions such as whether a run stuffing DT or safety is a worthwhile area for talent upgrade. This organization is trash.  The only reason we haven't been mired at the bottom of the league among the dregs like the Browns and Cardinals over the past 2 decades is because we hit on a certified lottery jackpot in Romo and possibly Dak. 

5 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Fucking this

He was pretty fucking successful at both bowling green and Utah before he got to Florida. He’s a really good game day coach too. I don’t see any reason he couldn’t have a Pete Carroll like transition to the NFL. Outside of being apart of this dumpster fire organization, of course. 

Pete Carroll was a HC in the NFL before he was in college. Please point out the last time an elite college HC went the other direction and won big. Jimmy Johnson? That was 30 years ago. Urban's strengths don't necessarily lend themselves to the NFL IMO.

I think last year, after Jones decided that Linehan had to go, idiot Garrett, rather than use some political capital to convince Jones to cough up some dough for a red hot coordinator, Instead decided to save his boss some money. I think the fool told Jones (or agreed with him) that Moore was brilliant and that he could get the job done. Getting a promising star would have been easy given the Cowboy legend and supposedly great talent, but no, Garrett licked Jones' boot heels, thereby guaranteeing that he would lose his own job a year later.

44 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Sad but true6ce6750f146f64ac4214afc98dc91ab5.jpg

Jeff Fisher made the playoffs a whopping 6 times in 22 seasons as a head coach. He won a grand total of 5 playoff games of which 3 happened in 1999. He is the epitome of mediocre.  The Houston trainwrecks are likely to qualify for their 6th postseason in their 18th season and that is a franchise that has been mostly a disaster it's entire existence. That is how bad Jeff Fisher was.

Over the past 22 seasons the Cowboys are 3-9 in the playoffs but the Ginger Genius brought two of those wins to the table. His 4 predecessors mustered 1 win in 13 seasons so it could be worse 😉

5 hours ago, C-Man said:

Pete Carroll was a HC in the NFL before he was in college. Please point out the last time an elite college HC went the other direction and won big. Jimmy Johnson? That was 30 years ago. Urban's strengths don't necessarily lend themselves to the NFL IMO.

well who else is there? You want some NFL retread over Urban? We already missed the boat on Shanahan. 

9 minutes ago, Viper said:

well who else is there? You want some NFL retread over Urban? We already missed the boat on Shanahan. 

It doesn't have to be a retread necessarily. Even if it was, a NFL retread would be better than what we've got. This is utter shite.

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

What is the fucking point of keeping the ginger around? I truly fucking dont get it. Everyone knows his ass is gone. Kind of hard to play hard for someone when you know that fact.

Do you not remember how we got Ginger in the first place? Fire the head coach, promote an assistant, all of a sudden the team wins a few games and goes out on a high note and bam, we're stuck with Ginger 2.0 again.

48 minutes ago, Viper said:

Do you not remember how we got Ginger in the first place? Fire the head coach, promote an assistant, all of a sudden the team wins a few games and goes out on a high note and bam, we're stuck with Ginger 2.0 again.

We were stuck with Ginger the minute he started licking the Jones family ass decades ago. Nothing was going to stop Jerruh from making him the guy.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Viper said:

Garett was Jerry's personal bitch even then. He couldn't wait to make him HC.

Honestly though fuck it. I hope they lose out and get a top 10 pick to go with a new coach.

Aikman and even Irvin are saying Garrett needs to go

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/12/6/20998352/troy-aikman-and-michael-irvin-offered-up-their-perspectives-on-the-dallas-cowboys-recent-struggles

The Dallas Cowboys played miserably on Thursday night and as a result the world is dunking all over them.

You can’t walk down the street corner without finding someone who believes that Jason Garrett is unfit for his job or that Jerry Jones is running a well-oiled machine. Things are bad. Very bad. They’re so bad that even two of the franchise’s most beloved players of all time had to offer up some real talk about it.

First there was quarterback Troy Aikman who had the misfortune of calling, describing, and analyzing the beatdown that Dallas took against the Chicago Bears. On the FOX post-game show Aikman was critical of the Cowboys and spared no blame. He put it on everybody.

“I don’t know how you come back from this. I really don’t, Joe. For the last two weeks we’ve heard from them that they were going to get it going, they had a chance at home against the Buffalo Bills to finally beat a team with a winning record. That didn’t happen. They got embarrassed in that game.”

“They come here against a team that had a lot to prove but was struggling in a lot of areas, and it was the same old story. So yes even though we knew before this game kicked off that it didn’t matter if they lost, they were still going to be in contention. I don’t know how you sell that if you’re Jason Garrett or Jerry Jones or anyone. When you have a performance like that to say ‘Hey! But we’re still alive. We’ll go play this week against the Rams and it’s all right out in front of us.’”

“I don’t think the players hear that. I wouldn’t hear it if I were them. And this is on the players as much as it is on the coaches. They’ve got to be better. I’m not sure I’d even talk to the team this week. I’d just say, ‘Let’s just go play next week and you guys figure it out.’ But the talk is over and it has been over for a while.”

It’s hard to find anything wrong with what Aikman said. He’s right that this situation is too bad for even Jerry Jones to spin, the facts are what they are at this point.

While Aikman was certainly more critical of the Cowboys that has never been the style of Michael Irvin. The Playmaker is part of NFL Network’s pre- and post-game coverage and was on hand for the loss as well (sigh). He was asked point blank after the game if he thought that change was necessary and even he, the biggest Cowboys supporter there is, acknowledged that it is time.

Once you've lost Michael Irvin, you've lost it man

(via @nflnetwork) pic.twitter.com/ZRF7tVpa6n

— Blogging The Boys (@BloggingTheBoys) December 6, 2019

“I absolutely think the world of Coach Garrett personally, but I don’t know how you continue down this road with what you’ve seen on the field the last two games.”

If there is anyone that Jerry Jones listens to, it’s his former superstars that have gone on to achieve great things in their post-football lives (so much because of the greatness that they built while playing for the Cowboys). To have such iconic alumni of the organization saying things like this, well, it’s embarrassing to be honest.

Will it be enough for Jerry Jones to take action? These aren’t words that either Aikman or Irvin would say on television lightly, the time has come. There only seems to be one person that disagrees with that.

Edited by Viper

21 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Is this bad? 

The whole entire country be it fans, media, whomever knows this coach is a fucking clown yet he's still here. Like some people on The Fan said after the Patriots game, why not just fire Garrett then? That is the only hope. We have seen teams get a boost when a coaching change is made. Ironically and sadly, it is how Garrett has this job in the first place. I still believe Garrett sabotaged Wade intentionally to get him fired because he is a piece of shit scumbag who wants to be portrayed as some wholesome guy. When Garrett took over for Wade, they went 5-3 down the stretch. Worst thing to happen. Jerry basically let him learn on the job and suck shit for the rest of the decade with zero accountability. 

If Jason is a lame duck coach and already going to be fired and he already doesn't do a singe thing, just fucking fire him. It will not hurt anything at all.

I want this whole staff gone. That includes Kellen and Richard. They are broken and toxic because of Jason and Jerry. This does not need to be another Wade hire where he was forced to have Garrett as his OC. Hell, Garrett was hired as OC before Wade. That shit was backwards as hell and I remember Randy Galloway scrutinizing that move to no end. The HC is supposed to bring his guys. I don't want to hire a HC and he's forced to have leftovers from this toxic staff. Tear the whole thing down and start over.

Does Jerry have it in him to finally let a competent coach come in and have the freedom he needs? I hope he knows he's getting older and he already has enough money to last 200 lifetimes. His family is set forever. But it's Jerry. Of course its only about money and his brand image. Win or lose, Dallas is front page headlines. Hell probably more when they lose. Cowboys winning would be boring for the media. Not enough storylines.

6 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Garrett didn't have a contract. No young up and coming OC from college or NFL would want to go there in that scenario. They would have had to pay something insane never before seen for a coordinator for that to happen. 

If you have the stars to carry out your offense, and you're confident in your abilities, you might have had the chance to become the next HC when Garrett's contract expired.