Dallas Cowboys 2019 Season Thread -- Aaaah Zeke Out?

Patrick Bateman

2 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

This is Jones last chance to "go out" a winner. He will spend whatever it takes to get a name coach who can turn this screaming shitstorm around - and he'll give him as much autonomy as he wants. The Garrett Era is history

Jones is a parody of himself.  His family should intervene on behalf of the 25 million-strong cownation, from which every day a thousand lifelong cow fans die having waited 25 years for another title.

27 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Witten = Player/Coach. 

Aikman -HC

Romo-OC

Irvin - WR Coach

Larry Allen -OL Coach

Charles Haley- DC

Ken Sellout Norton - LB Coach

Deion -DB Coach

Leon Lett- DL Coach

Bill Bates - Special Teams 

SHOW ME A LOSS!!!!

5 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

This is Jones last chance to "go out" a winner. He will spend whatever it takes to get a name coach who can turn this screaming shitstorm around - and he'll give him as much autonomy as he wants. The Garrett Era is history

source.mp4

9 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

I fear you may be overestimating Jerry's commitment to rationality. He wants to be a winner, but he wants to be the center of attention even more.

1 minute ago, Tired Horn said:

I fear you may be overestimating Jerry's commitment to rationality. He wants to be a winner, but he wants to be the center of attention even more.

He doesn't want to lay on his deathbed without having tasted another Super Bowl or two. His legacy will be crap, and he knows it. Today, he finally understands that the Jason Garrett experiment was a complete and utter failure.

30 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

Except for Parcells, Jerry hires submissive men.  Men who will take the tissue from him after he blows his nose.  

The idea that he would hire Lincoln Riley or Urban is nonsense.  Neither of those men would take the tissue.

It will be some milquetoast coordinator.

No. He'd be laughed out of the country club if he hires another butt boy. Johnson wasn't submissive, and I guarantee you Jerry looks on those years with a tear in his eye. Troy, Emmett, Michael. Old men want to recapture their youth. Jones has nothing to lose.

Big name, Bill Bellichick persona. Open checkbook. Immediate improvement next season. Dak regains confidence. Zeke takes rushing crown, Cowboys win division. 

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

It is truly bizarre to me that Garrett hasn't been fired yet. There is absolutely no reason to retain him through the end of the season unless Jerry thinks that not a single coach on the staff can function as interim for a few more games. For me this story has moved past "damn Jerry is an idiot" to "something actually weird is going on here". It makes that little sense.

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I want this whole staff gone. That includes Kellen and Richard. They are broken and toxic because of Jason and Jerry. This does not need to be another Wade hire where he was forced to have Garrett as his OC. Hell, Garrett was hired as OC before Wade. That shit was backwards as hell and I remember Randy Galloway scrutinizing that move to no end. The HC is supposed to bring his guys. I don't want to hire a HC and he's forced to have leftovers from this toxic staff. Tear the whole thing down and start over.

Does Jerry have it in him to finally let a competent coach come in and have the freedom he needs? I hope he knows he's getting older and he already has enough money to last 200 lifetimes. His family is set forever. But it's Jerry. Of course its only about money and his brand image. Win or lose, Dallas is front page headlines. Hell probably more when they lose. Cowboys winning would be boring for the media. Not enough storylines.

Agreed. The entire coaching culture has to change. I would prefer they stick with a 4-3 base defense so there isn't a massive re-tooling that takes years, like the Big Flounder stuck Dallas with, but otherwise they need to ditch the ancient offensive scheme and mindset and get somebody with an innovative mind that is aware of football strategery in the 21st century.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, michaelpshayes said:

Aikman -HC

Romo-OC

Irvin - WR Coach

Larry Allen -OL Coach

Charles Haley- DC

Ken Sellout Norton - LB Coach

Deion -DB Coach

Leon Lett- DL Coach

Bill Bates - Special Teams 

SHOW ME A LOSS!!!!

source.mp4

Looks like you want to bring back the white house from the 90s.  I'll allow it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tokamak said:

It is truly bizarre to me that Garrett hasn't been fired yet. There is absolutely no reason to retain him through the end of the season unless Jerry thinks that not a single coach on the staff can function as interim for a few more games. For me this story has moved past "damn Jerry is an idiot" to "something actually weird is going on here". It makes that little sense.

Garrett is a goner. But two things: 1. Jerry respects him too much to dump him during the season. 2. He would have to elevate someone as interim, and there's nobody to elevate that would bring any benefit whatsoever, as they are just as big a part of the problem and they should also be gone ASAP. There's nothing to evaluate there, the need to go, period. Jerry can start search behind the scenes in the meantime for the next regime, which needs to be a clean slate. It has to be obvious to even Jerry at this point that they need to eradicate all that remains of the coaching staff and the chain that has evolved over the last couple of decades.

22 minutes ago, DougO said:

Agreed. The entire coaching culture has to change. I would prefer they stick with a 4-3 base defense so there isn't a massive re-tooling that takes years, like the Big Flounder stuck Dallas with, but otherwise they need to ditch the ancient offensive scheme and mindset and get somebody with an innovative mind that is aware of football strategery in the 21st century.

Greg Roman

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DougO said:

Garrett is a goner. But two things: 1. Jerry respects him too much to dump him during the season. 2. He would have to elevate someone as interim, and there's nobody to elevate that would bring any benefit whatsoever, as they are just as big a part of the problem and they should also be gone ASAP. There's nothing to evaluate there, the need to go, period. Jerry can start search behind the scenes in the meantime for the next regime, which needs to be a clean slate. It has to be obvious to even Jerry at this point that they need to eradicate all that remains of the coaching staff and the chain that has evolved over the last couple of decades.

The benefit is addition by subtraction. No one ever fires a coach because they think the interim is better. They do it because it is too toxic to continue. Plenty of teams have did it. We did in 2010. It's psychological. I don't care who the HC is for the last few games. Anyone but Jason. The players no longer respond to him. No one has his back. Put Richard there and see what happens. The mindset that the next guys up aren't as good is the wrong way to go about it. Get that toxic loser out of the organization. How do the players feel showing up every day and answering to a guy who will no longer be there. They all know it. That is not a good way to keep going about things.

Richard should have been given the reigns after the Jets loss. That was 3 losses in a row. Now we have another 3 losses in a row. I don't care if we lost the rest of the games. Just get him out.

Garrett literally does nothing on the sideline. He communicates none. He is never taking notes. Never adjusting and scheming. At least the next guy up would be hands on. This dude is as lifeless as I have ever seen a coach in any sport. Hell the coaches for Lebron are more hands on than Garrett. He literally does nothing but clap, throw a challenge flag and pat guys asses. I don't care what he does during the week. That obviously is not working and I'd rather have an actual gameday coach than some rah rah during the week coach.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

The benefit is addition by subtraction. No one ever fires a coach because they think the interim is better. They do it because it is too toxic to continue. Plenty of teams have did it. We did in 2010. It's psychological. I don't care who the HC is for the last few games. Anyone but Jason. The players no longer respond to him. No one has his back. Put Richard there and see what happens. The mindset that the next guys up aren't as good is the wrong way to go about it. Get that toxic loser out of the organization. How do the players feel showing up every day and answering to a guy who will no longer be there. They all know it. That is not a good way to keep going about things.

Richard should have been given the reigns after the Jets loss. That was 3 losses in a row. Now we have another 3 losses in a row. I don't care if we lost the rest of the games. Just get him out.

Garrett literally does nothing on the sideline. He communicates none. He is never taking notes. Never adjusting and scheming. At least the next guy up would be hands on. This dude is as lifeless as I have ever seen a coach in any sport. Hell the coaches for Lebron are more hands on than Garrett. He literally does nothing but clap, throw a challenge flag and pat guys asses. I don't care what he does during the week. That obviously is not working and I'd rather have an actual gameday coach than some rah rah during the week coach.

Problem with promoting Richard is what if he rattles off a streak of wins? Then you'll have players and a subset of fans that want to remove the interim tag, and make him the full time guy, without doing a proper coaching search. Same way that Garrett got the job. And I'm sorry, but nothing about the defense has blown me away, much less performed well enough to justify making Richard the head coach. 

Edited by lateshow
  • Like 1

Richard's defense and Boiseboy's offense are at least as toxic as Garrett's lost leadership. Garrett couldn't coordinate his way out of a paper bag, the bloody mess they left on the field was their responsibly. It wasn't a play or two that Garrett pushed or situational stupidity, it was complete institutional failure and incompetence at all levels. Unless he fires all three now there's just no point. It accomplishes nothing. Let the season rot and ditch the whole lot.

8 minutes ago, DougO said:

Richard's defense and Boiseboy's offense are at least as toxic as Garrett's lost leadership. Garrett couldn't coordinate his way out of a paper bag, the bloody mess they left on the field was their responsibly. It wasn't a play or two that Garrett pushed or situational stupidity, it was complete institutional failure and incompetence at all levels. Unless he fires all three now there's just no point. It accomplishes nothing. Let the season rot and ditch the whole lot.

What would those 2 guys be like with Garrett gone? That should have been answered after the Jets loss. Why did the whole season have to rot? This season could have been salvaged if Jason was fired after the Jets loss. Wasting seasons just because is dumb as hell. Even now you can salvage some fucking pride and least say Garrett is unacceptable. 

Jason still runs this offense. What would Kellen be if he could do as he pleases and create the gameplan himself? How would Richard be if he could take the defense as his own and not have Rod create the scheme? Richard is just calling the plays from Rod's terrible scheme. Richard has no hand in creating what he wants to do.

Ron Rivera went to a Super Bowl just a few years ago. And he was fired midseason. Do you think the Panthers worried about the interim? Nope. They cut ties. They were proactive. I have zero idea why fans don't want Garrett gone right now. The season is already lost. So what is the point of not doing it?

• Like 4

I completely expect to get the defensive coordinator from one of the Super Bowl or conference championship game teams as the new HC, and pairing him with Kellen Moore... Jerry talks about  the number 1 offense under Moore’s leadership, says how important continuity, familiarity, are to justify it ...franchise operation stays the same, they nibble around the edges and replace the special teams coach, and a few others...rinse repeat

20 minutes ago, lateshow said:

Problem with promoting Richard is what if he rattles off a streak of wins? Then you'll have players and a subset of fans that want to remove the interim tag, and make him the full time guy, without doing a proper coaching search. Same way that Garrett got the job. And I'm sorry, but nothing about the defense has blown me away, much less performed well enough to justify making Richard the head coach. 

So you don't want to fire Garrett because you are scared of the guy behind him winning? What?

12 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

So you don't want to fire Garrett because you are scared of the guy behind him winning? What?

Not at all what I said. I'm all for firing Garrett after the season. No real sense in firing right now with three games left. No one on that staff has earned the right to be elevated. HOWEVER, if somehow Richard was able to rattle of some wins, then we very well may be stuck with him getting the permanent spot. Same way Garrett did when Wade was fired. Look at how that turned out. 

• Like 1

Not at all what I said. I'm all for firing Garrett after the season. No real sense in firing right now with three games left. No one on that staff has earned the right to be elevated. HOWEVER, if somehow Richard was able to rattle of some wins, then we very well may be stuck with him getting the permanent spot. Same way Garrett did when Wade was fired. Look at how that turned out. 
Hi jerry.

Please get rid of him now. And yes I do appreciate those 3 superbowls.

As usual, QBs have career days when playing our defense. This dude was fucking benched for Chase Daniel at the end of a game that still could have been won because he was so bad. Not to fear, come be comfortable and play great against our defense. I'm sure we could make Garrett Gilbert look like a star. Hell, Case McCoy would look like an all pro.

78970447_10157200199491429_3307768496078

13 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

So what if the interim wins. Unless he wins the super bowl, you say thank you for your service and move on.

Yall act like Jason Garrett was hired from a legit coaching search. That's how the numb nutts was able to get and keep the job. And we've been stuck with him for nearly a decade now. 

Edited by lateshow

2 hours ago, PilotsError said:

Except for Parcells, Jerry hires submissive men.  Men who will take the tissue from him after he blows his nose.  

The idea that he would hire Lincoln Riley or Urban is nonsense.  Neither of those men would take the tissue.

It will be some milquetoast coordinator.

I think Urbs is enough of a two-faced asshole that it could work. He could sweet talk Jerry into thinking he's calling the shots but also not give a single fuck what he thinks about what's going on in the locker room and on the field. By now, everyone fucking knows that if the Cowboys are winning, its not because of Jerry, but in spite of him. Urbs could be a legend in that regard. He's also not someone we need to worry about sticking around 10 years like Ginger. If he wins, his "health" will come back into play, and he can retire a winner, and we can move forward as winners. If he sucks, he can fake a late season heart attack, and he gone. I like the URbs idea. I'm not sure at all why anyone thinks Reilly would be a good NFL head coach. Defenses aren't going to be leaving wide receivers open by 5 yards like they do in the Big 12. I'd prefer to give Matt Rhule the shot, if that's the route were going. I agree with whoever said a coordinator from a Super Bowl team might be a good route too.

36 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

That's how we got stuck with fucking ginger. There is literally nothing to gain this season even if we win the next three. If the iggles somehow outdo our shittiness, we will get blown out in the playoff game either way. But yeah, if Richard takes over and wins the next 3, then we are likely stuck with him, and there's no telling if he's any good. I'd prefer a complete overhaul of the entire staff. If we were going to give Richard a shot, I agree with you that it should have been after the Jets game, when we still had a chance of turning things around for the better. It's too late now. Complete overhaul this offseason. If Richard goes on to be a successful HC somewhere else, it won't bother me none at this juncture, it'll bother me that Jerry refused to pull the trigger after the Jets game.

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, lateshow said:

Jerry hired Garrett before he hired Wade. Garrett was always the HCIW from day 1 and Jerry just wanted Garrett to get some OC experience then as soon as he felt he was ready just wanted an excuse to fire Wade. 

If Richard (or whomever) wins some games and they go on a run in the playoffs you don't have to hire that person to be full time HC. If anything it just tells you how shitty Garrett was and how the team quit preparing and doing the things necessary to win because of their disdain for him or his stupid constant "process" shit. If that happens you feel really good going out and hiring a legit head coach. 

At this point Jerry is doing not only the team but Garrett a huge disservice by not firing him. Garrett is like that episode of King of the Hill where Bobby is sucking ass at Little league in right field but the manager refuses to take him out so Hank has to go snatch him out to save him from further embarrassment and humiliation. If Jerry gave a shit about Garrett the right thing to do would be to get him out of this situation where he's clearly a laughingstock

16 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Don't believe an Interim coach would be getting the HC job permanently. 

With a senile owner who would kill his best friend for a win? We definitely don't need ANOTHER fucking interim coach turning into a long-term nightmare. And it could happen. We win out. Jerry sees another chance to save a few million and go with "a winner," already on boarrd. And barring a miracle, we're right back to the same mediocrity we have endured for a decade. Fuck that. We need a championship mentality - and that ain't coming from any of the fucking boot lickers on today's staff.

Double J sure wasn’t liking the radio program The Fan earlier. Heard the clip. that’s his flagship radio. They usually kiss Jerruh’s ass. Can’t remember, if ever, when he sounded that pissed. Can’t believe they asked him if he was embarrassed by this franchise right now. Lol. Funny shit. Lmao. 

For a team with all the talent we supposedly have Jerruh has no one to blame but himself (coaching/GM moves) for why Dallas sucks. It’s all on him at this point. But up until now has been riding the JG wave of mediocrity for a decade essentially. He should just go down on the fucking field and put on a hoodie and coach the team. Fucker!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Jerry hired Garrett before he hired Wade. Garrett was always the HCIW from day 1 and Jerry just wanted Garrett to get some OC experience then as soon as he felt he was ready just wanted an excuse to fire Wade. 

If Richard (or whomever) wins some games and they go on a run in the playoffs you don't have to hire that person to be full time HC. If anything it just tells you how shitty Garrett was and how the team quit preparing and doing the things necessary to win because of their disdain for him or his stupid constant "process" shit. If that happens you feel really good going out and hiring a legit head coach. 

At this point Jerry is doing not only the team but Garrett a huge disservice by not firing him. Garrett is like that episode of King of the Hill where Bobby is sucking ass at Little league in right field but the manager refuses to take him out so Hank has to go snatch him out to save him from further embarrassment and humiliation. If Jerry gave a shit about Garrett the right thing to do would be to get him out of this situation where he's clearly a laughingstock

You're giving Jerry the benefit of the doubt here much more than I'm willing to do. But I see your point. 

43 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

What would those 2 guys be like with Garrett gone? That should have been answered after the Jets loss. Why did the whole season have to rot? This season could have been salvaged if Jason was fired after the Jets loss. Wasting seasons just because is dumb as hell. Even now you can salvage some fucking pride and least say Garrett is unacceptable. 

Jason still runs this offense. What would Kellen be if he could do as he pleases and create the gameplan himself? How would Richard be if he could take the defense as his own and not have Rod create the scheme? Richard is just calling the plays from Rod's terrible scheme. Richard has no hand in creating what he wants to do.

Ron Rivera went to a Super Bowl just a few years ago. And he was fired midseason. Do you think the Panthers worried about the interim? Nope. They cut ties. They were proactive. I have zero idea why fans don't want Garrett gone right now. The season is already lost. So what is the point of not doing it?

Did you see Clappy calling any plays last night? You think Clappy put the brakes on the brilliant Moore for seven series in a row? Kellen Moore probably won't get another NFL job anytime soon. His next move is into college ball. (Or maybe online gaming).

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

Is this bad? 

This has been pretty obvious watching the games, but it's good to see it in numbers. By contrast, OSU under Mike Gundy has routinely trailed at halftime and pulled off wins with halftime adjustments. Gundy talks pretty openly about what he saw and what he changed after those games. It's night and day. 

I think the Fan had to cut him off the program because he said bullshit.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/insidethestar.com/jerry-jones-sounds-off-on-105-3-radio-hosts/amp/

jerruh also said when you quit on your coach you quit on yourself.

Truer words have never been spoken. 

Pathetic. At least JJ is getting so old now he no longer cares we know he is the real coach and JG is a puppet. What a fucking tool box.

30 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Double J sure wasn’t liking the radio program The Fan earlier. Heard the clip. that’s his flagship radio. They usually kiss Jerruh’s ass. Can’t remember, if ever, when he sounded that pissed. Can’t believe they asked him if he was embarrassed by this franchise right now. Lol. Funny shit. Lmao. 

For a team with all the talent we supposedly have Jerruh has no one to blame but himself (coaching/GM moves) for why Dallas sucks. It’s all on him at this point. But up until now has been riding the JG wave of mediocrity for a decade essentially. He should just go down on the fucking field and put on a hoodie and coach the team. Fucker!

Here is the audio....

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1898970/listen-jerry-jones-curses-on-air-during-testy-radio-interview

9 minutes ago, markstanco said:

So Jones is thinking about getting a coach (ostensibly) headed for the playoffs. He just can't comment on it. I think we're gonna be pleasantly surprised with our new HC. He's gotta be looking at Greg Roman. Gotta be.