Dallas Cowboys 2019 Season Thread -- Aaaah Zeke Out?

Patrick Bateman

I heard they also tried out Nick Rose which I thought was funny. He sucked at Texas. His pro career including practice squad and offseason. This is what the cowboys are reduced to...

Falcons undrafted. 2016
49ers 2017
Redskins 2017
Chargers 2017
Jets 2018
Texans 2018
Chargers again 2018
San Antonio Commanders 2019

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:27 PM, DougO said:

He was playing like shit before he got hurt.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:54 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

Can we really pinpoint when he got “hurt” though? I agree for the most part, but I bet he’s been dealing with this shit for a lot longer than we expect.

I'm thinking he played through it to start the year, much like DLaw did the year before his breakout before he finally had that surgery and was able to turn it on.

6 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I think both are going to be worthless. Both of them were taken off the boards by many teams because of serious injury concerns. LVE has been dealing with what ended Irvin's career. He will always be dealing with it. It was an extremely questionable pick to begin with and now looks to be even worse. But in usual Dallas fashion, Jerry can't help himself with his Blue Light Specials.

You get WAY too revisionist history sometimes Vic.  LVE was NOT questionable pick at the time, even with the flags...he was drafted where he should have been.  Now, after 2 years and a flair up, obviously we can say it was.  But it was a good pick at the time, and his rookie year showed that.

@Drew I mean he was definitely a questionable pick at the time. I didn’t know if his neck history had anything to do with it, but it was widely regarded as a questionable pick. But he proved a lot of people wrong last year and had a great rookie season. Hopefully he can get past this, and get healthy. I’m not ready to give up on him yet. 

They should have kept Maher for kicks over 50 yards. They could easily make room by cutting the expensive fullback they had to have that so he could finally come in for a play and run the wrong route on a crucial pass, but otherwise they never use.

Edited by DougO

Just now, DougO said:

They should have kept Maher for kicks over 50 yards. They could easily make room by cutting the expensive fullback they had to have that they never use so he could finally come in for a play and run the wrong route on a crucial pass.

or the web-back

What’s sad is that Jerry truly believes it doesn’t matter how bad their record that they realistically have a chance to win it all if they just get in the playoffs. That silly Giants run when they wine the Super Bowl cost the cowboys seven more years of their shitty coach so he doesn’t think he needs to change anything.

40 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

What's the worst division-winning record of all time? If we lose out, and the Eagles only win is against us, one of us would make the playoffs at 6-10. This division is fucking pathetic.

7-9. 6-10 would be insane. It would probably also lead to a  league change where the division winner doesn't automatically get a home game in the wild card round. 

This is the only time in any sport at any level I can ever think of where two teams fighting for a division and a playoff spot have both completely quit on themselves and their coaches. It's ridiculous. The eagles have completely quit too and are now getting smoked at home by the ghost of Eli  

1 hour ago, Mileslong said:

What’s sad is that Jerry truly believes it doesn’t matter how bad their record that they realistically have a chance to win it all if they just get in the playoffs. That silly Giants run when they wine the Super Bowl cost the cowboys seven more years of their shitty coach so he doesn’t think he needs to change anything.

Yeah, Jerry actually believes this shit when he says it. One more reason he shouldn't be a GM.

16 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
4 hours ago, dcar00 said:
after they get run by the Rams it would be a fitting end to the Garrett/Jeff Fisher era to see them beat the Eagles and then lose to the Redskins.

Garrett wishes he was Jeff Fisher...

8 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

ugh i wish garrett was jeff fisher.

Was that hard to type?  I hope it was.  I hope it was vary much.  Because it is really hard to read.  FUCK my football life!!!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Was that hard to type?  I hope it was.  I hope it was vary much.  Because it is really hard to read.  FUCK my football life!!!

ha.  I knew I would get these responses.  Jeff Fisher and Garrett are separated by 2 seasons(1 AFC champ game appearance and 1 Super Bowl appearance).  other than that they are exactly the same. 

Of course Jeff Fisher was a HC coach for 22 years in the NFL. Give Garrett 13 more years(hypothetically) and I think he would luck into an NFC champ game or maybe even a Super Bowl.

conclusion - Both Fisher and Garrett suck as head coaches.  additionally, Fisher sucks as a human though.

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

ha.  I knew I would get these responses.  Jeff Fisher and Garrett are separated by 2 seasons(1 AFC champ game appearance and 1 Super Bowl appearance).  other than that they are exactly the same. 

Of course Jeff Fisher was a HC coach for 22 years in the NFL. Give Garrett 13 more years(hypothetically) and I think he would luck into an NFC champ game or maybe even a Super Bowl.

conclusion - Both Fisher and Garrett suck as head coaches.  additionally, Fisher sucks as a human though.

Oh I wasn’t saying you are wrong.  That’s what makes it so hard to take.  You’re spot on.  Kill me now.

21 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I honestly don't think so. He is incapable of winning in the playoffs. No matter how much more time you give him.

"Jones is reluctant to give up his power as general manager of the Cowboys, especially since the team's owner believes he's the best man capable of bringing the Cowboys another Super Bowl."

Why do people even print that shit? The Aikman/Smith/Irvin Cowboys stopped being a serious Super Bowl contender after 1996. That's 23 years ago. Not counting this year, which is still unknown, Jerry's irreplaceable Super-Bowl-seeking GM skills have resulted in 9 playoff appearances. The W/L record in those appearances is 3-9 (all wild card round wins), and they've never made it past the divisional round. To even be using the word Super Bowl in conjunction with the Jerry-led Cowboys is silly. There's literally nothing in this organization's record for the last 23 years that says citing the Super Bowl as our standard of success is anything but the delusions of a senile, ego-tripping ass.   

We are just a run-of-the-mill, mediocre NFL team with chronic management issues. We can look down on the likes of the even more dysfunctional Detroit Lions. That's our actual standard of success, and it's sad.

16 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Jaylon Smith wants fans to vote for him for the Pro Bowl. Glad the teams heads in the right place.

I’m convinced Jaylen cares more about how he is perceived than what the team is actually doing. Gtfo with that shit. You’re playing like trash, the team is on a 3 game winning streak, and we’re below .500. And him playing below expectations is one of the reasons why. Have a fucking ounce of self awareness. 

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I’m convinced Jaylen cares more about how he is perceived than what the team is actually doing. Gtfo with that shit. You’re playing like trash, the team is on a 3 game winning losing streak, and we’re below .500. And him playing below expectations is one of the reasons why. Have a fucking ounce of self awareness. 

user name checks out

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tired Horn said:

"Jones is reluctant to give up his power as general manager of the Cowboys, especially since the team's owner believes he's the best man capable of bringing the Cowboys another Super Bowl."

Why do people even print that shit? The Aikman/Smith/Irvin Cowboys stopped being a serious Super Bowl contender after 1996. That's 23 years ago. Not counting this year, which is still unknown, Jerry's irreplaceable Super-Bowl-seeking GM skills have resulted in 9 playoff appearances. The W/L record in those appearances is 3-9 (all wild card round wins), and they've never made it past the divisional round. To even be using the word Super Bowl in conjunction with the Jerry-led Cowboys is silly. There's literally nothing in this organization's record for the last 23 years that says citing the Super Bowl as our standard of success is anything but the delusions of a senile, ego-tripping ass.   

We are just a run-of-the-mill, mediocre NFL team with chronic management issues. We can look down on the likes of the even more dysfunctional Detroit Lions. That's our actual standard of success, and it's sad.

Get your damn act together yourself, okay? Now, we’re gonna have a good visit this evening, but settle down just a little bit.

Jaylen will probably end up being a regular on TV when his career is over because he’s a cowboy, and he has a nice redemption story. He wants the graphic to show that he was a pro bowler for multiple years. I’m convinced he cares more about shit like that. I hope I’m wrong, but that’s just a ridiculous thing to ask for in the middle of his shit show of a season. 

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Fuck him.

On both of those, especially the 2nd one, the interior of that line is so fucking bad. They command zero doubles and run themselves right out of plays right where the Oline is leading them. I mean I fucking absolutely hate Jaylon Smith's no awareness, shameless self promoting ass but that center had a completely free release to run right at him. These DTs suck so damn bad. 

6 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

On both of those, especially the 2nd one, the interior of that line is so fucking bad. They command zero doubles and run themselves right out of plays right where the Oline is leading them. I mean I fucking absolutely hate Jaylon Smith's no awareness, shameless self promoting ass but that center had a completely free release to run right at him. These DTs suck so damn bad. 

You mean not investing any significant  resources at DT could be an issue? 

2 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

You mean not investing any significant  resources at DT could be an issue? 

No way man! Our genius Marinelli can easily "coach them up". Remember how genius he is?

But yes, our DTs are fucking horrid. Bottom of the league bad. They are undersized and do nothing well. They just get dominated and then their OL has a clear path to move to the second level. DT and safety is the most ignored spots on this team and has been forever. Those positions aren't sexy and don't sell jerseys and merchandise. 

DEs get all the glory with the sacks but if your DTs suck, an NFL offense will dominate with ease because they can dictate the game as they please. There is more to the DL than just sacks.

33 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

So Garrett showed the team videos of their greatest plays to motivate the players and turn around their season. Tomorrow they're all going to hold hands and sing Kumbaya. That seals it folks, Super Bowl champs baby. 

Did he give them some cookies and hot chocolate, too?