Dallas Cowboys 2019 Season Thread -- Aaaah Zeke Out?

Patrick Bateman

Let the fecals have the division, then they will revel in their great come-back season, proclaim they are back, and set up yet another underachieving season for them in 2020. We don't really want their coach getting fired.

Edited by DougO

I'll say it now, as silly as it sounds, hire Tony Fn' Romo as head coach at the end of the season. Perfect candidate all they way around. He's detail oriented something the Cowboys desperately need. He has a quick mind and he's in the moment, won't get lost inside the game. He knows the team and the systems on both sides, knows what to keep and what to scrap. He's a Jerry guy, so that gives Jerry a chance to claim credit for any of his successes. It would be a fairly seamless transition, but one that give the team a kick in the ass they need. And he's vastly more qualified to be a head coach than Jason Garrett.

Edited by DougO
  • Like 1

28 minute postgame interview with Jerry on the NFL Network and he's rambling nothing but bullshit. Backs out of himself calling out the coaching staff last week saying that he didnt think it would change something about how they performed this week. 

Holy fuck, we are truly doomed until this geriatric fuck dies. Not that that's new news. 

28 minute postgame interview with Jerry on the NFL Network and he's rambling nothing but bullshit. Backs out of himself calling out the coaching staff last week saying that he didnt think it would change something about how they performed this week. 

Holy fuck, we are truly doomed until this geriatric fuck dies. Not that that's new news. 
Someone please create the 2025 thread. I'll see y'all then. Ciao!

42 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

This is the thing I don’t get: everyone is pissed at Garrett but this all goes back to Jerry. He’s the one who has made Garrett the 2nd or 3rd longest tenured coach in the league despite having several worthy occasions to can him. What is Garrett going to do? Turn down $6 million per year? 

Complaining about Jerry is like screaming at the sky and complaining about the weather. It is what it is. You can’t change it. Watching Garrett be stubborn is like watching someone go into that same shitty weather with no umbrella and no jacket, because “we don’t worry about the weather. If we execute and do what we do, it’ll be sunny by the time the clock hits zero”. 

Garrett has done a lot of shit that would get most coaches fired, but when he openly admitted that we don’t look at analytics in the middle of games, that should’ve been a fireable offense. You don’t have to live by the analytics, but to openly admit that we don’t even glance at them mid game is just stupid. When you’ve coached this long and you’ve never won shit, you better be open to accepting new information that might be able to help you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AustinMT said:

Yes, but in a terrible division with an underachieving team.  May still win the division, but this team is going nowhere.

This team isn't winning this division. They're toast. Philly is completely average but they have 2 against the Giants, Washington, and Miami left. They're winning all 4. Then the other one is the cowboys in Philly. Might not even matter if cowboys win that one if they lose the next two. 

There's zero chance this soft bunch of bitches go to Chicago and win in sub 30s night time temps with that Chicago wind. 

Does anybody here believe that these players don't talk to each other about what it's going to take to win a Super Bowl? That most of them don't have dreams of becoming the next Too Tall or the next Emmitt Smith? They see Garrett's shortcomings on a daily basis six or more months of the year. And they know better than we do that this guy will never get them to the SB. They may look like they're giving it their all - some of them might be, but these guys know that Garrett's Gotta Go. They're not pushing themselves, and Garrett sure as hell isn't pushing them.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Does anybody here believe that these players don't talk to each other about what it's going to take to win a Super Bowl? That most of them don't have dreams of becoming the next Too Tall or the next Emmitt Smith? They see Garrett's shortcomings on a daily basis six or more months of the year. And they know better than we do that this guy will never get them to the SB. They may look like they're giving it their all - some of them might be, but these guys know that Garrett's Gotta Go. They're not pushing themselves, and Garrett sure as hell isn't pushing them.

I feel like they always had Garrett's back and played for him, maybe recently that as faded. They just aren't a very smart team and still have no ability to adjust to anything, and are totally transparent in what they try to do. That goes back to the head coach as well as the assistants. They got out-schemed and outsmarted by a vanilla team that they had on the ropes early. They made Cole fuckin' Beasley look like Tyreek Hill, time and time again.

Why is he still here? If he knows he's done, no one wants him here, then fucking fire him or send him on a paid vacation to Cancun. We have 0.00000% to win anything with them so what is the point of keeping him around? Sadly enough, this team got a spark when Wade was fired midseason and Garrett took over. It happens in sports for whatever reason.

Hell put fucking Jon Kitna as coach, who cares at this point. Garrett is toxic for this team and get him the fuck out of here. I get Jerry is the most toxic but we all know he's going nowhere so pointless to discuss. Jason should have been fired immediately after this game. This team quit on him like they did Wade. I know quitting is the ultimate sin in sports but honestly, I don't care at this point. Week after week this team knows they have no shot to out gameplan, scheme or adjust to a team and win. They have to run schemes that have not worked and never will. They are exhausted and fed up with this.

46 minutes ago, DougO said:

Garrett must run the defense, too, since assistants seem to carry no blame with the football gurus here.

So Garrett has had two offensive coordinators, 3 defensive coordinators (not even including Richard), but nobody blames the assistants? Lol where in the world are you getting that dog shit take from? Find me one coach in the history of the nfl that has hired and fired that many assistant coaches. I’ll save you the time, it probably hasn’t happened.

Jaylon Smith has been terrible this year. LVE about the same. Both took tremendous steps backwards this year. Especially Jaylon. On that Allen fumble on 4th down where he picked it up and got the 1st, Jaylon was literally just standing on that play doing absolutely nothing.

Edited by Vic Mackey

9 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Lol I just got out of a pretty heated argument with my uncle and said some pretty hurtful shit to him, all because he started with his typical cowboys trolling.

Dont let the cowboys ruin your thanksgiving, boys. This team isn’t worth it. 

I never should have married your aunt. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Has that asshole been fired yet?

He was about to. Then Jerry wept and started jabbering about something else. It could or couldn't happen today or tomorrow. Jerry's emotional stability is similar to Elizabeth Taylor toward the end when she was in the pills and gin stage. Anything could happen at any minute.