Dallas Cowboys 2019 Season Thread -- Aaaah Zeke Out?

Patrick Bateman

Todd ArcherESPN Staff Writer 

A breakdown of La'el Collins' six-year, $58.5 million contract with the Cowboys: Signing bonus - $9 million 2019 base salary - $1.016 million 2020 base salary $6.45 million ($3.5 million option bonus due fifth day of league year) 2021 base salary - $8.55 million 2022 base salary - $10 million 2023 base salary - $10 million 2024 base salary - $10 million Note: His 2021 base salary becomes fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the league year, and $6.483 of his 2022 base salary becomes fully guaranteed on the fifth day of that league year.

also - this clears about $5.8 mil under the cap this season

5 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Belichick has the greatest QB ever who has a billionaire wife taking team friendly deals so that's a bit of an advantage.

That is such a tired and stupid fucking take...Brady is about winning. Period. You morons act like he'd be selling paint at Lowe's in the off season if it wasn't for Giselle. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

That is such a tired and stupid fucking take...Brady is about winning. Period. You morons act like he'd be selling paint at Lowe's in the off season if it wasn't for Giselle. 

We will see how great Belichick really is when Tom hangs it up. For some reason I think he will also retire with Tom so as not to tarnish his "image". 

3 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Um.....that's not what anybody said there, chief. Just saying that Brady doing what he does for pennies on the dollar makes it easier for the Patriots to manage their team.

Jerry is friends with Mr. “Art of the Deal” so this dumbass negotiation result makes sense. Whatever, it’s not my money. Let’s win some football games already. At least I won’t feel bad when we run him into the ground over the next 3-4 years and his brain turns to jello by 30.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Jerry is friends with Mr. “Art of the Deal” so this dumbass negotiation result makes sense. Whatever, it’s not my money. Let’s win some football games already. At least I won’t feel bad when we run him into the ground over the next 3-4 years and his brain turns to jello by 30.

No CR, asshole.

Zeke will be 28 in 4 years.  He's not at a really good starting point as far as that goes...

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

We will see how great Belichick really is when Tom hangs it up. For some reason I think he will also retire with Tom so as not to tarnish his "image". 

That is the other most aggy-esque nfl take...who gives a fuck? What more does he have to prove? He's 67 years old and has won 6 fucking super bowls! Sure they're a package deal, but what the fuck difference does that make? 

Do you really think if Jerry stumbled onto the best qb/ head coach combo in nfl history that his ego wouldn't fuck it up inside of 5 years?

The fuck outta here with that bullshit 

Edited by Dennis Taylor

24 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

You're welcome for the offseason drama you faggots. Get ready to have Cowboys taint rubbed across your collective faces.

lulz.  well played you dumb cunt. 

10 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

belichick went 10-6 with matt cassell. 

Dak on his rookie deal was our window (including this year).
Once Dak is receiving 32+ million a year yeah, things are gonna be tough.

So if he gets paid today, that means they’re in trouble? Like they have no chance of doing anything this year because he’s making 32 mil? After this Zeke deal and the Collins deal and others just prove more than the cap isn’t quite as “hard” as people think.

Also this Zeke deal was a win for both sides.

He got more than Gurley guaranteed and the Huge contract number to splash all over TV and radio.

Anyone with a brain knows he’s not seeing more than half that.

The structure isn’t out yet, but I suspect that 4-5 years from now they have outs and the last 2-3 years are basically worthless if the cowboys want to cut him. Which is what we should have expected.

They have him for his prime and can cut him at 27-28 without no concern.

Also the Cowboys/Jerry won by actually having his AAV at around 12.8 not 15(despite what the headlines will say).

17 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Um.....that's not what anybody said there, chief. Just saying that Brady doing what he does for pennies on the dollar makes it easier for the Patriots to manage their team.

He makes $23 million a year dumbass. Not exactly chump change. 

You nfl aggy fans want it both ways...

- Belichick only good because of Brady

- Brady only good because of Belichick 

- Team only good because Brady doesn't get paid

Wait, that's three ways...

12 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

He makes $23 million a year dumbass. Not exactly chump change. 

You nfl aggy fans want it both ways...

- Belichick only good because of Brady

- Brady only good because of Belichick 

- Team only good because Brady doesn't get paid

Wait, that's three ways...

^^someone didn't get any dick last night!!

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Brady has made over $200 million is his career with salary and endorsements.  His wife being wealthy has absolutely nothing to do wi the fact hat he wants to win more than anything and realizes that it's bets for the team that he not handicap them with a huge salary. 

1 hour ago, Drew said:

So if he gets paid today, that means they’re in trouble? Like they have no chance of doing anything this year because he’s making 32 mil? After this Zeke deal and the Collins deal and others just prove more than the cap isn’t quite as “hard” as people think.

Think we're all in for 2019.

We'll have 65-70% of our cap tied up in 10 guys after Dak signs. We're slowly gonna lose depth / pieces on D after this season.

i'm sure this has been discussed but these deals go out a long way.  So predicting how much of a cap hit in the future is pretty difficult.  Jerry was on CNBC this morning and he's been in negotiations with the NFLPA for the past 6 months even though there are 2 years left on the deal.  I'm guessing he's got a pretty good idea on how those are progressing and he's going to get that deal done in order to negotiate a new deal with the networks.  That pie he's been talking about is going to get a lot bigger...at least that's what he's betting on.  May not be the best football guy but mofo can do some business.  

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Think we're all in for 2019.

We'll have 65-70% of our cap tied up in 10 guys after Dak signs. We're slowly gonna lose depth / pieces on D after this season.

This is it. If cap goes up to 194 mil then almost 70 percent will be on 8 players on offense unless they cut Tyron after this season, in which case they won't have a LT worth a shit anymore. Over 70 percent total for 11 starters for an offense that was bottom 1/3 in the league last year and 2nd worst in the red zone even with this amazing most expensive running back ever. 

These nimrods keep talking about cap outs and such but that's years into contracts after the guaranteed has been paid and there's always dead money associated. It's not something you want to have to do a lot of, and you definitely don't want to make doing that with everyone your strategy. No amount of structure wiggle room can save you from having 70+ percent of your cap tied into your offense for the next two years when you have more than half of your top 10 defense coming free within 2 years. 

Oh well, Jerry negotiated all of this like he knows this season is his last chance at a title and in reality unless he lives to be 90+ or Dak gets brain damage and takes a 4 for 18 per year contract it is. Now that they did this with Zeke there's no way Dak doesn't beat Goff's deal. Enjoy this season fellas, it'll be the last ride of this group having a chance at anything. 

12 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

I’m sure they could have wrapped this up a few weeks ago but Zeke wasn’t going to Oxnard. He wanted no part of training camp. 

That's precisely the type of hard worker and team guy I want to make the highest paid RB ever. This "deal" is going to age like salmon on a summer Texas sidewalk. 

There are so many ways to manipulate the numbers I'm not really worried. It seems like every other year we freak out about future salary cap problems yet we seem to always be plugging along just fine. We will get what we need out of Zeke over the next few years so it'll be okay if he's slows down while still under contract. Let's just start playing some damn games.

If this contract isn’t laden with out clauses for the cowboys if Zeke continues to get suspended then Jerry really has gone full retard.

If you want to make him the highest fine, but 6 additional years?! Are you telling me that if they offered him this deal the minute they decided to hold out he wouldn’t have taken it?

22 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Lulz. So 11 starters on offense and 7 of them including QB and a near 20 a year WR will be on big money paid deals. With the hard cap you can really only afford 8-9 per team. 

All for an offense that in 3 years of the Dak Zeke offense have gone from 5th in scoring in '16 to 14th in '17 to 22nd last season. They just saw their defense carry a below average offense to the 2nd round of the playoffs and said let's lock up this below average offense and let most of the defense outside Tank, Jaylon, and LVE walk within 2 off-seasons. 

Looking forward to seeing them lose 31-17 a ton going forward. You almost have to be Brewster's Millions level trying to blow it to be this stupid. 

These stats kind of go hand-in-hand. With a bellcow RB like Zeke we eat up clock with extended drives. We're one of only a handful of teams that do this, so it makes sense that our offensive stats will not be top 5. It also means fewer possessions to defend so those numbers look better. We're playing a different game right now than most of the league which is going towards the college model of being pass heaving and scoring quicker. I"m not concerned with those numbers at all. What matters to me is that I saw the offense wearing teams down and scoring points and the defense was making big 3rd down stops. Hopefully we do even better this year and make an actual playoff run.

13 minutes ago, 'stache said:

There are so many ways to manipulate the numbers I'm not really worried. It seems like every other year we freak out about future salary cap problems yet we seem to always be plugging along just fine. We will get what we need out of Zeke over the next few years so it'll be okay if he's slows down while still under contract. Let's just start playing some damn games.

They've had plenty of cap trouble.  They don't cancel games because of it they just have shitty teams. 

10 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

They've had plenty of cap trouble.  They don't cancel games because of it they just have shitty teams. 

We've had two losing seasons in the last 10 years. That's a lot better than several franchises. A franchise with our history and resources should be doing a lot better but in the grand scheme we're doing better than other franchises. I can't think of a player we really wanted to keep but had to let go because of salary cap issues.