Dallas Cowboys 2019 Season Thread -- Aaaah Zeke Out?

Patrick Bateman

6 hours ago, Drew said:

Is that like the LVE pick showed that Jaylon was probably a bust?  Not even likely.

McGovern is hurt and taking a long time to recover.  He was drafted to provide depth in the future, and more than likely, he or Williams is the Tryon replacement.

Just stop with the Zeke signing.  It was NOT bad.  They can get away from him before he starts to decline, and that's ALL that matters, since his contract will not stop them from signing anyone.

LVE was picked because Sean Lee was done. 

Most assumed McGovern was picked to start at LG and swing Williams out to RT when Collins walks. Williams is too short/lacks the length for LT and McGovern at LT is hilarious. If they planned on signing Collins all along then they took McGovern as a planned back up or because they didn't think Williams would be a long term LG. 

Zeke signing was bad. The Zeke pick was stupid at 4. He's a traditional running back who can't stretch the field in the passing game and should be marginalized in the new offense as a change of pace to Dak's passing game. You can tell yourself whatever you want but it's the truth. You either have a top paid line to go along with a top paid QB or a top paid RB. Doing all three is stupid money in a hard cap league. 

Apparently the dolphins are in super tank mode and making Minkah Fitzpatrick available. If you can get him for a second do you do it? It would allow you to let Byron Jones walk, move Chido to number one corner, and make this guy either the slot or second corner along with Jordan Lewis taking the spot he doesn't. 

I would do it for a 1.  
You've got 4 years of control on a guy who can play all over the back end of your secondary.
I'm not sure how the money works and it may be cost prohibitive but I would do it.
Completely agree, you won't get a better player in the draft. They could also swap Taco for a similar underperformer.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Thing with Minkah is he doesn’t want to play safety(and isn’t that great at it so far) and his best play comes in the slot, where we already have 2 guys who are good to great at it.

Now if you’re talking about not bringing Jones and/or Brown back next year, moving Chito and Lewis outside and having Minkah as your slot guy...then we’d have something.

Not sure they’d give up their 1st rounder 2 years in a row when this team builds through the draft...BUT they’ll probably be taking a DB in the first next year anyways with several guys on their last year now and a couple going into their last year.

Is he better than anyone they’d get in the draft? Possibly.

On 9/12/2019 at 8:48 PM, Vic Mackey said:

I have read his attitude is terrible and childish and that is a big part of why they have made him inactive and in no hurry to play him.

Trying to trade him..... he's a bust for us.  Could have had kid from Pittsburgh.  This is a huge black mark on McClay and Marinelli.  If this kid Hill doesn't work out, time to Ole Yellar Marinelli.

20 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Apparently the dolphins are in super tank mode and making Minkah Fitzpatrick available. If you can get him for a second do you do it? It would allow you to let Byron Jones walk, move Chido to number one corner, and make this guy either the slot or second corner along with Jordan Lewis taking the spot he doesn't. 

Rumor is we're trying to involve Taco on going back so we don't have to include our first but watch Oakland.

Also...

• Like 1

Agreed. Taco was a god awful pick. Dude had a few good games against low level teams at Michigan and was a disappearing act for other majority. TJ Watt was a name on many people's boards but no one thought he would drop. I was pumped when he dropped to us and then the air was let out when we picked Taco. Like wtf? I know Rod is all about "his guys" and they kept saying Watt didn't fit with what we did. Lmao. You field the best talent you can and you make it work. No such thing as a talented player not fitting. Watt will be a stud. Our defense would be  much better. 

Give them Taco, Heath and a draft pick. We get a better safety back and get rid of useless dead weight. 

He’s not a good safety. At least not so far. And he doesn’t want to play there according to insiders. He wants to be a CB and his best usage is at Slot.

They would seriously have to have a plan. He’s not replacing Heath as much as you guys claim he sucks(he doesn’t, he just has a bad play that stands out every once in a while and you guys pounce) as he’d probably be a FS and that’s were Woods plays.

Honestly the biggest reason I’d want him, besides thinking for the future if you lose Jones and/or Brown this offseason, is that I’ve heard the Saints and Eagles(both of which could use DBs way more the Dallas), and keeping him from either of those teams would be a good idea

Also on Taco, yeah that’s a bad pick. Still gotta take McClays track record(and Rods) overall. They were high on Tank when most went and are right. Same with Malik. WAY too soon to even think this way with Hill. He’s got the traits but was always going to be behind Malik and take some time. They’re hoping hell replace Malik at some point probably next year.

But when will y’all get it through your heads that Watt was never going to be the pick? Right or wrong at that point in the draft they had Taco and King(the DB) as their top 2. If they didn’t take Taco it wouldn’t have been Watt. So we really need to stop salivating over him. He’s in the perfect system and spot for him and we don’t know if he’d have excelled here or not(and yeah, I think he would I have been better than Taco regardless) but the hand wringing of “Taco over Watt” isn’t worth debating. See what King is doing in GB and if we could use that.

Solid win, we did what we were expected to do against a pretty dreadful opponent (who wins more games, Wash or NYG?).  Amazingly, Miami is even worse.  At one point today, the Pats (Miami's opponent) had like 365 yards and the Fins had 63 or something appalling.  I will say, I've been unimpressed with our defense, they've been pretty meh for a group who was supposed to take the next step into championship quality.  Our zone is soft and we struggle to get pressure with 4, maybe Quinn will really help.  That said, as middling as the defense has looked, the offense has been fantastic.  Moore has introduced this offense to the 21st century and the receivers, as a group, may be our best in a long time.  Dak looks very confident.  Need a true test and now the Saints in week 4 may be without Brees.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Solid win, we did what we were expected to do against a pretty dreadful opponent (who wins more games, Wash or NYG?).  Amazingly, Miami is even worse.  At one point today, the Pats (Miami's opponent) had like 365 yards and the Fins had 63 or something appalling.  I will say, I've been unimpressed with our defense, they've been pretty meh for a group who was supposed to take the next step into championship quality.  Our zone is soft and we struggle to get pressure with 4, maybe Quinn will really help.  That said, as middling as the defense has looked, the offense has been fantastic.  Moore has introduced this offense to the 21st century and the receivers, as a group, may be our best in a long time.  Dak looks very confident.  Need a true test and now the Saints in week 4 may be without Brees.

I realized during the Washington game that the two football teams I support are basically the same.

Both the Longhorns and Cowboys feature high-scoring offenses led by dual-threat-yet-pass-first QBs supported by capable backs, a full stable of pass-catchers, and offensive lines that so far have demonstrated marked improvement from the previous season.

Unfortunately, both teams struggle defensively, particularly in pass rush. Speed and potential are abundant, but an inability to consistently get to the quarterback means no down-and-distance is safe ... not even third-and-17. (Too soon?)

And both have been fun as hell to watch. The next three months are going to be great!

• Like 1