Iowa State vs Northern Iowa (FS1 11AM CT)

Al_4_ISU

9 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

this shows the dangers that come with playing in state little brothers especially the first game

they have all off season to prepare for their big game and their players know a lot of your players personally from HS and believe they can compete

Absolutely true.  UNI kids are all Hawkeyes fans who didn't get recruited by UI.  But feel slighted if they then didn't get recruited by lowly ISU.  UNIs qb today was a preferred walk on to ISU as a DB but went to UNI so he could play qb.  He was desperate to "show us" today.  Just like all the other Iowa kids on UNIs roster.

• Like 2

Absolutely true.  UNI kids are all Hawkeyes fans who didn't get recruited by UI.  But feel slighted if they then didn't get recruited by lowly ISU.  UNIs qb today was a preferred walk on to ISU as a DB but went to UNI so he could play qb.  He was desperate to "show us" today.  Just like all the other Iowa kids on UNIs roster.

Which is why we should never fucking play them ever
  • Like 1

On 8/31/2019 at 4:33 PM, SnowAggy said:

Maybe you could just get equally motivated knowing they’re out to embarrass you every year? We just signed to play Tulsa every year for the next 10 years or so. Two for one so we don’t pay them any money and every three years we play in Tulsa where the crowd is 75% orange so basically a home game. They’ll be motivated for an in state upset but I doubt it’ll happen unless they have a really good year during a down year for us and even then we’ll probably win.

52 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Maybe you could just get equally motivated knowing they’re out to embarrass you every year? We just signed to play Tulsa every year for the next 10 years or so. Two for one so we don’t pay them any money and every three years we play in Tulsa where the crowd is 75% orange so basically a home game. They’ll be motivated for an in state upset but I doubt it’ll happen unless they have a really good year during a down year for us and even then we’ll probably win.

Truth.

It seems like every crop of ISU guys has to sustain a loss or close win over UNI, then go on to win a blow out or two, then the next crop comes in, drops one (or eeks one out) then gets a blow out.  There aren't many guys who were here for Campbell's opening loss to them in '16, but a lot of guys who saw the '17 blow out.  Hopefully when they come back around in '21, the young guys from today's squad won't forget this game.

21 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

No offense, but how pathetic are you if Iowa State is your Super Bowl.

It essentially comes from their head coach, Mark Farley.  It's no secret he covets the Iowa job and will never get it.  Not Being Able to Cut It As A Hawkeye is an essential part of the Panther psyche.  When UNI used to play Iowa every other year, Farley would speak of Ferentz/Iowa/Kinnick in tones of reverence.  He's always been dismissive and disdainful towards ISU.  It's no coincidence in my mind that he's beaten ISU 4 times, and Iowa 0.

Bottom line, if you can't be a Hawkeye, you can still fuck things up for ISU.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

On 8/31/2019 at 3:10 PM, GreenspointTexas said:

UNI deserved to lose when they didnt go for 2

pussies

This is what I don’t understand about college football.

If you’re the visiting team and you have an opportunity to win the game, why not go for 2?

Don’t try and win by unforced error. Go take it.

No one expects you to win so you’re playing with house money. 

Anyhow I’m glad UNI is dumb b/c god that would have been a bad look for the Big12. Would have also overshadowed the Tennessee debacle too.

29 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

This is what I don’t understand about college football.

If you’re the visiting team and you have an opportunity to win the game, why not go for 2?

Don’t try and win by unforced error. Go take it.

No one expects you to win so you’re playing with house money. 

Anyhow I’m glad UNI is dumb b/c god that would have been a bad look for the Big12. Would have also overshadowed the Tennessee debacle too.

We did this in Bedlam last year, which I completely supported because we weren’t going to stop them in overtime. Failing to convert though is as heartbreaking a way to lose as there can be.

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

All he had to do was throw it hard, too. I remember that.

I was sitting on the 10 yard line, upper deck at that end zone, and as I saw the play develop, I threw my arms in the air knowing we had it.

Yup.

Sidenote:  our holder that year was a (wait for it) - back up punter.  Always have a back up QB as your holder.  Fuck you, Paul Rhoads.