2018 - Elections and Trends

atomheartbevo

30 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Is he on crack?

their list of accomplishments:

- biggest tax giveaway to wealthy and businesses EVER. The middle class and regular people got stuck with the bill.

- tried and failed to rip healthcare away from 25 million people without a suitable replacement.

- had a majority for 8 years and got pretty nothing positive or constructive done.

22 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

The folks there that were losing by a lot ended up losing less.  I’m talking about ones where leads switched.  

I'm not an election expert, but I think it happened because they counted all the ballots.  Weird, huh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

So your question is why are ballots not always counted correctly the first time in general? Or are you implying something grander/more conspiratorial with regard to those two states specifically?

The former. Nothing conspiratorial about it. Just generally curious how they got it wrong the first go 'round.

11 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

But it begs the question of why they were counted wrong to begin with.

What ballots were counted wrong? I'm so confused by this statement.

California ballots were not counted wrong.  Neither were Arizona's.  Mail-in ballots can arrive extremely late.  They're slow to count them.  They have to verify signatures.  They have to make sure no one requested to vote by mail and voted in-person (so as to cancel their requested mail ballot).

Where did it seem like GA/FL ballots were counted wrongly?  Were any races reversed in these states?  Only GA-07, because it was close and provisionals/absentee ballots (that almost always go Democrat, because it's usually a voter ID issue - WHICH IS DESIGNED TO FUCK UP THEIR VOTES BEING COUNTED) switched that race (and barely).

5 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

The former. Nothing conspiratorial about it. Just generally curious how they got it wrong the first go 'round.

If you run 8m ballots through scan tron machines, I would guess there is an expected error rate in how the ballots are counted.  If the election results are 5% apart, the error rate doesn't matter.  If the results are .05% apart, that may be within the error rate.   Just a guess though.

Didn't someone here say their Fla ballot (or was it GA) had to be run several times before one of their votes was counted?  

• Like 1

On 11/28/2018 at 6:57 PM, Gatorubet said:

Where is that shit-stain Swam slunk off to??  He swore that the GOP would keep the house.

The sock brigade negs him to bannation and now you want him back to comment?  Why not tolerate a bit of stupid, neg brigade description not mine, so you can have some back and forth.  As much shit as TJ is getting these days some of the best discussion has sprouted late in both of his biggest threads in the last couple weeks. 

Randy Bryce tweeting tonight’s events in the Wisconsin state legislature, where the republican majority is trying to strip power from the governor before the democrat takes office.  The republicans who drew the map that brought you this

wi-gerrymandering-congress.jpg?154214863

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/03/opinion/wisconsin-legislature-republicans-evers.html

2 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Randy Bryce tweeting tonight’s events in the Wisconsin state legislature, where the republican majority is trying to strip power from the governor before the democrat takes office.  The republicans who drew the map that brought you this

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/03/opinion/wisconsin-legislature-republicans-evers.html

I can’t believe Walker almost won again. That guy is the slimiest and nastiest politician I’ve ever seen. The GOP in Wisconsin and North Carolina make me sick. Those people need to get their asses kicked.

7 hours ago, Celery Man said:

This is just ensuring that the Dems will turn out even more in 2020.  

42 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

This is just ensuring that the Dems will turn out even more in 2020.  

I hope you're right.  

I'm always amazed at the rights inability to see past their nose.

If they're not careful they won't be much of a factor when it comes to M4A and Gun Control decisions. 

20 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I hope you're right.  

I'm always amazed at the rights inability to see past their nose.

If they're not careful they won't be much of a factor when it comes to M4A and Gun Control decisions. 

It’s uncanny.  The Republicans are willing to completely piss away their future to hold on to power just a little longer.   

And it’s being noticed.  This was last night.  

I hope the FBI finds out who is responsible and prosecutes them to the fullest extent of the law.  

100%

But I suspect those folks will be buying reach. Perhaps this is the point at which Trump realizes his buddy Vlad isn’t his buddy?

Who am I kidding. We’re in for “He told me he didn’t do it” 2, wait 3? If we’re counting MBS.

6 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

LMAO, the first time there's actual voter fraud to investigate, it's R's.  Well done, dipshits!

A contributor at 538 rightly pointed out that it should be called “election fraud” in NC not voter fraud. Because voter fraud is extremely rare and those pols that run around screaming about it are mostly idiots. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

A contributor at 538 rightly pointed out that it should be called “election fraud” in NC not voter fraud. Because voter fraud is extremely rare and those pols that run around screaming about it are mostly idiots. 

How about we settle and just call it Republicans are fucking idiots. 

• Like 3