Odessa - Active Shooter

Neonmoon

2 hours ago, Iceman said:

Hostility?  differing opinion so threatening.  LMAO.

Again, take it to the CR. You want to neg someone else that's bringing in hot political opinions into the Daily Texan, have at it. Point them out and I might add one. 

I have no opinions to offer here, other than this.

Your hosiery is showing some wear and tear. It might need replacement soon.

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Doesn't stop the fact that we are headed towards another one - the first one was passed before mass shootings were truly a thing.  The only questions are when and how restrictive it will be, and what, if any, loopholes will there be.  

I would think whether or not it does any good is an additional question that merits consideration. The previous ban was pointless and was only effective at hurting Democrats in Congress. But sure, let's try it again. This time around I'm stocking up. 

On 9/2/2019 at 7:45 AM, Iceman said:

Because my ownership of firearms should never be the target of proposed legislation.  It s a threat to nobody.

Unless I demonstrate something we all agree is worthy of deeming me unfit for my ownership, i.e mental fitness, felonies, etc., then leave me the fuck alone.

The proposals around restrictions of law abiding citizens owning/ purchasing firearms are pissing in the wind.  Never confuse activty with achievement.  It’s a political move to punish those who believe in the 2nd amendment.

Focus on mental health and raising kids who will never commit these acts.

That’s just too damned hard to do though, right?   Wrong.

That you're so zealous about owning guns makes you mentally unfit to own guns.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DanRydell said:

That you're so zealous about owning guns makes you mentally unfit to own guns.

I'm zealous about eating french fries, chips and salsa and some other things that help to kill far more people annually than do guns.  Yet, our government would rather be in a perpetual gangbang with the Healthcare and food production industries.

• Like 1

mass shootings are so common place no one is shocked anymore.  we keep having the same arguments which end up with absolutely fucking nothing being changed because maaa riiiiiggghhhhtttttsssss!!!!!!  we had terrorists fly planes into buildings and the way the US lives and operates changes overnight.  legislation, billions of dollars spent, civil rights freely given up just because you could easily blame religious nutjobs who happen to be non-christians.

you have tens of thousands of people dying every year from gun violence, you have white dudes wacking off to guns and gun culture while chanting maaaaa riiiiggggtttttssss mass shooting innocent people almost on a monthly basis this year, you have blacks in major cities mass killing other blacks like its a rap video, and we just accept it because our politicians are bought by a few companies.

we recently had a boat tragedy.  there's a good chance safety regs will be changed because 30+ people died.  rightly so, the government will try to do what it can to prevent another tragedy from happening again.  but tens of thousands of people die every year and half the population doesn't give a fuck other than saying it's a mental health issue.  well, the fuckers who flew planes to the twin towers also had mental health issues and we sure the fuck did a hell of a lot to try to keep it from happening again.

funny world we live in.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Like 9

12 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

mass shootings are so common place no one is shocked anymore.  we keep having the same arguments which end up with absolutely fucking nothing being changed because maaa riiiiiggghhhhtttttsssss!!!!!!  we had terrorists fly planes into buildings and the way the US lives and operates changes overnight.  legislation, billions of dollars spent, civil rights freely given up just because you could easily blame religious nutjobs who happen to be non-christians.

you have tens of thousands of people dying every year from gun violence, you have white dudes wacking off to guns and gun culture while chanting maaaaa riiiiggggtttttssss mass shooting innocent people almost on a monthly basis this year, you have blacks in major cities mass killing other blacks like its a rap video, and we just accept it because our politicians are bought by a few companies.

we recently had a boat tragedy.  there's a good chance safety regs will be changed because 30+ people died.  rightly so, the government will try to do what it can to prevent another tragedy from happening again.  but tens of thousands of people die every year and half the population doesn't give a fuck other than saying it's a mental health issue.  well, the fuckers who flew planes to the twin towers also had mental health issues and we sure the fuck did a hell of a lot to try to keep it from happening again.

funny world we live in.

Boat safety regulations and airport security screening procedures are unlikely to play a role in a hypothetical revolt against the federal government if that day ever comes. 

lawn darts were once illegal.  then due to the ban being challenged in court, they were unbanned.  then a girl was accidentally killed by a lawn dart.  the house in a vote of 304-51 and the senate re-banned lawn darts.  they are now legal but can only be sold with a blunt tip.  lawn dart makers should partner with the NRA.  gun nuts can add lawn darts on the alter that they masturbate to.

are lawn darts covered in the 2nd amendment?  lawn darts don't kill people, kids throwing lawn darts do.  

Edited by crash_davis
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Let’s limit Internet access along with high speed computer hardware.

since you brought it up.  we are denying entry into the US people who have anti US shit on their phones.  there are two documented cases last week of denied entry from anti US messages posted by friends, not even by the person trying to gain entry.

why we don't we do the same level of intrusion for people wanting to buy guns?  regularly post on 4chan/8chan/whatever the fuck it's call? post on nazi/white supremacist sites? a 30 year old virgin still living with mom?  denied gun sales.  oh wait, we can't even close loop holes around background checks cause maaaaa riiiiiigggggghhhhtttttssss!  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, immortal13 said:

Welcome to Surly, asshole

Been here a while.

Let me try: next time one of these shootings happens I’m sending thoughts and prayers that someone you know and care about are in the crosshairs. 

Did I do that right, asshole?

2 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

what if I'm zealous about free speech? 

Then you're going to be super bummed when you discover that there are myriad local and federal statutes that restrict, ban, and criminalize certain types of speech. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

The “gun culture” has no restrictions?

Damn door moose must’ve been out for a coffee break when I walked in here.

No restrictions.  This nonsense again?  Does this exclude the 300+ "relevant" (read as significant) current federal and state laws?  Overall there are tens of thousands of them (codified laws and regulations regarding the purchase, ownership, use and disposal of firearms by ordinary civilians in various jurisdictions of the United States)