#11 Oregon vs. #16 Auburn @ Jerryworld: 7:37PM, ABC

texifornia

56 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Huh, the team that dresses like phaggs plays like phaggs.

Pretty much.  The safety on that play was staring at the QB.  If he had played the ball, it would have been an INT.  Instead, he tried to play the much bigger WR and was shown his place in this world.  

Eat a dick, Oregon. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Pretty much.  The safety on that play was staring at the QB.  If he had played the ball, it would have been an INT.  Instead, he tried to play the much bigger WR and was shown his place in this world.  

Eat a dick, Oregon. 

Cristobal is a classic Saban underling. Knows all the recruiting tricks. Not a great gameday coach.

A better Pruitt.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, texifornia said:

Cristobal is a classic Saban underling. Knows all the recruiting tricks. Not a great gameday coach.

A better Pruitt.

Oh he has Duh U dirty tricks too.  That's who Miami should have hired (but couldn't) Phil Knight money not going away.

I wanted the Ducks to win, but now that they blew it I can find solace in that:

1) Another beating for Barbie Dressup Football

2) Phil Knight for all his cash, still can't buy a winner and was on the sideline to savor the flavor

3) Oregon needed some stfu to slow them down on the crootin' trail 

4) The Gus Bus wobbles further down the road

5) Pac front runner getting an L ...  keep the PAC out of the playoffs and pressure builds to expand them

Who am I kidding fuck Auburn and their horseshoe stuffed gaping asses

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

This was almost a colossal fuckup. I cant stand oregon but really was hoping for that to bite Auburn in the ass...Announcers didn't mention it either. No idea how the Auburn staff could be that incompetent.  

only reason I can think is long odds.  Up by 5 but if the other team intercepts and runs it back its a 2 point play and up by 3 and kickoff from 20 so they have a chance to get into FG range. Or the coaching staff can't figure it out very well

1 minute ago, Sbbruin said:

The pac 12 and UCLA football in particular is at its lowest point I can remember.  And that is just too gotdam depressing.

Is it though? Outside of the dumpster fires in LA, there's a lot of decent to very good teams

Edited by Bevo14

14 minutes ago, AUinHsv said:

only reason I can think is long odds.  Up by 5 but if the other team intercepts and runs it back its a 2 point play and up by 3 and kickoff from 20 so they have a chance to get into FG range. Or the coaching staff can't figure it out very well

There is literally a chart...up by 5, go for 2. Especially with so little time left, there's no rationale that makes sense to kick it for a 6 point lead

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Up 4 you go for 2 to go up by 6. The rationale being that the other team can score a TD but might miss the XP and you'll be tied. Maybe it depends on what you think your chances of converting are because, if you miss it, a TD beats you, no XP needed.

You go for 2 up 4 because if you kick the xp to go up 5 you still lose on a td. Auburn was up 5 and kicked to go up 6..still the wrong call

2 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

If your three-yard play from scrimmage works 50% of the time, you should go for two every single time you score a TD. 

what if you score on the last play of the game, which ties at 30-30. Do you go for a 1pont XP, which the PK makes 80% , or a 2pt which is 50%? You only need 1 point to win the game.

19 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

You go for 2 up 4 because if you kick the xp to go up 5 you still lose on a td. Auburn was up 5 and kicked to go up 6..still the wrong call

I just explained the rationale for going for 2 when up 4. You don't need to repeat it back to me. I'm aware of the rationale for going for 2 when up 5. I was just speculating that one possible explanation for kicking the XP is if you don't think you have a decent chance of converting 2. As we've established, being up 6 is better than being up 5. 

Maybe someone will ask Malzahn for an explanation. 

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

I just explained the rationale for going for 2 when up 4. You don't need to repeat it back to me. I'm aware of the rationale for going for 2 when up 5. I was just speculating that one possible explanation for kicking the XP is if you don't think you have a decent chance of converting 2. As we've established, being up 6 is better than being up 5. 

Maybe someone will ask Malzahn for an explanation. 

Don't flatter yourself. I wasn't addressing you.

3 minutes ago, NowThis said:

what if you score on the last play of the game, which ties at 30-30. Do you go for a 1pont XP, which the PK makes 80% , or a 2pt which is 50%? You only need 1 point to win the game.

The exception, of course, proves itself. What's your point - or did you have two/

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

How does Team A know that play works 50% of the time against Team B before the game is over?

Not content with making one  illogical response, you want to make another one? If you don't have a pretty good idea - never mind absolute knowledge - what's going to happen today, why do you bother getting up in the morning? 

5 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Not sure I don't agree with you but, again, the wild card which isn't on the chart is the penalty which moved kickoff back to 20. I think (key word - not putting money on it) that they didn;t want a returned 2 point conversion and then a short field for a fg. Or as I said above - they had no clue.