Houston @ Oklahoma 6:30PM ABC

Constant

16 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

A few years ago. He was behind Cardell, they brought in Tater, and I believe there was someone else, which is why he transferred. You're the Buckeye fan, so you would know more. 

Edit: I just learned he was recruited by none other than Tom Herman himself. Interesting. 

He was never the 4th string QB. He was JT Barret's backup in 2016 and 2017 until he got injured and Dwayne Haskins got the opportunity. Dwayne turned out to be a pretty good QB getting taken 15th overall in this year's draft. There's no shame in losing out to that. Tate was a freshman in 2017.  He wasn't ahead of anybody. (I went on record with my friends at the time that he would never win the starting job and he would eventually move to WR if he wanted to finish school as a football player.)

Joe was voted Mr. Football in Ohio in 2014. He's a coach's son, he knows the game. He's smart, he got his diploma in 3 years which facilitated his transfer to LSU with immediate eligibility before there was a transfer portal. He's tough and he's a competitor. Buckeye fans hated to see him go.

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He was never the 4th string QB. He was JT Barret's backup in 2016 and 2017 until he got injured and Dwayne Haskins got the opportunity. Dwayne turned out to be a pretty good QB getting taken 15th overall in this year's draft. There's no shame in losing out to that. Tate was a freshman in 2017.  He wasn't ahead of anybody. (I went on record with my friends at the time that he would never win the starting job and he would eventually move to WR if he wanted to finish school as a football player.)

Joe was voted Mr. Football in Ohio in 2014. He's a coach's son, he knows the game. He's smart, he got his diploma in 3 years which facilitated his transfer to LSU with immediate eligibility before there was a transfer portal. He's tough and he's a competitor. Buckeye fans hated to see him go.

Good to know. He's still gonna get his shit fucked up, though. I hope he's not a douche like Kyler/Mayfield. 

So, me saying he was 4th string was more hyperbolic than anything. I just knew he didn't do anything at his previous school.