Game Atmosphere 2019

blacklab

Overall pretty happy compared to a few years ago.

Bob Cole needs to shut the fuck up when Sam is trying to communicate with his teammates, and at all other times.

Took my son 20 minutes to get a pretzel and a coke midway through the first quarter. Not sure who they had working but it was fucking slow.

Do we really need ads for kendra scott jewelry and other shit advertised during the game? Would it kill you guys to have a few quiet moments during the game?

Guy operating the ticket scanner was a complete idiot. Walked around bevo blvd from about 5:30-6:30 waiting for lines to go down into the stadium and they never did. It's going to be a complete shitshow next week.

Seemed like a lot more people milling around prior to game outside the stadium. Etter Harbin was wall to wall as was the Champions club.  Hopefully those will thin out once it’s not a million degrees outside.  Every ticket scanner operator was suspect, one dude ran away when a bee got within a foot of him when we tried to scan into the stadium.  LSU is going to be crazy.  

The overall experience is really good. Bevo Blvd is cool. We didn't have any concession problems inside. The restrooms were even clean and wait free near our section.

Agree that the lines to get in were terrible.

Do we really need a forced electronic sound effect at 110 dB for every single down?

Our announcer needs to announce less. 

When we were walking in with like 5 minutes to kick, all the entrances on San jac across from the alumni building were jammed.  But I kept walking further and at he last entrance we walked right in.  I thought it was weird the scanners were just a kiosk thing.  Good times.  I was in 101 with a bunch of kids around, so I couldn't let my true feelings out 

Water is wet, etc., But damn CDC has knocked it out of the park with everything. I was there 2 hours early coming in from Dean Keeton/Red River with thoughts of checking out Smokey's Midway (?) but saw there were throngs of people just bunched up for the whole damn street. I passed. People (who don't tailgate) were looking for shit to do before the game and they come out for everything. 

1 hour ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

When we were walking in with like 5 minutes to kick, all the entrances on San jac across from the alumni building were jammed.  But I kept walking further and at he last entrance we walked right in.  I thought it was weird the scanners were just a kiosk thing.  Good times.  I was in 101 with a bunch of kids around, so I couldn't let my true feelings out 

The gate I went through had slow as fuck ticker scanners. Do you know what gate you ended up using?

Posted this on the other thread but student section was full before kickoff which is awesome.

f6ba82355175febef2e4a001a4dcd2f5.jpg

Our ticket scanner was also slow as shit too. Hope they figure that out before next week.

The Hall of Honor was amazing, can’t believe we still have other hardware that they don’t have room to display.

Didn’t do Bevo Blvd or Smokey’s Midway but really enjoyed Jack Ingram at Longhorn City Limits.

No weather guy ranks up there with no jet pack guy. Idiots will complain but most of us are happy he is gone.

Overall this is far superior than anything we had before CDC. Can’t recommend the game day experience enough. If you haven’t been to a game in a few years it’s worth your time to go back.

Edited by TKthunder2

That was the best home opener atmosphere I’ve seen in years.

Bob Cole is annoying as fuck. Why is he still around?

I also really disliked that animated longhorn blowing smoke out of its nose.

The “Get Loud” sound needs to change periodically.

I did like how the music selection was for the mix of young/old crowd.

Band was hard to hear at times but I think that’s a location issue for this year.

30 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Anyone here tailgate in the open tailgate areas on campus last week? How was the experience? Did they fill up quicky? Any issues with generators/grills? Can you get a car  near your spot to load up if it's inside the controlled traffic area?

I didn’t tailgate last weekend, but we will be Saturday. We always set up in the open areas and have no problems with generators or grills. Don’t know about the car situation, our spot is accessible to parking. Don’t know about ones more interior on campus. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The band no longer marches into the stadium with the drum cadence leading into Texas Fight. This is unacceptable and needs to be fixed.

The current director of LHB, Scott Hanna, is a fucking pox upon a fun gameday environment. He's the dickhead who thinks its fun and neat to play the same three stingers and hold the last note for as long as fucking possible, along with all the other bush league bullshit. He's patterson-level of dogshit for gameday and general fun in LHB.

Edited by Captainant

My sister was in the LHB under the great VRD and she thinks this current douche has ruined it. Even I can see that they can't even march in straight lines anymore.  VRD would have had them practice that until they got it right or passed out from heat exhaustion.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper

The Eyes at the fast speed sucks.  And agreed holding note during the game is fucking stupid.  And apparently the March-In still sucks (it sucked last year).  The March in was perfect at least back in 16.  That version (from Notre Dame Game on youtube) is what I show my 2 year old in my Texas brain washing attempts.  Maybe in addition to the Bob Cole banner we need a Scott Hanna is not our Standard Banner.