Game Atmosphere 2019

blacklab

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

The current director of LHB, Scott Hanna, is a fucking pox upon a fun gameday environment. He's the dickhead who thinks its fun and neat to play the same three stingers and hold the last note for as long as fucking possible, along with all the other bush league bullshit. He's patterson-level of dogshit for gameday and general fun in LHB.

This guy is definitely a problem. 

A buddy sent me this link: https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/lsu-takeover/85170800/

Yes, it's Chip Brown, so 30k LSU fans is probably a stretch. Texas fans are notoriously flaky though, and I know there are LSU fans that bought season tickets simply to attend this game. I do expect a big presence overall, somewhere in the 10-20k range. Probably equal or a bit lesser to what Georgia did in BR last year.

19 hours ago, gmr548 said:

A buddy sent me this link: https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/lsu-takeover/85170800/

Yes, it's Chip Brown, so 30k LSU fans is probably a stretch. Texas fans are notoriously flaky though, and I know there are LSU fans that bought season tickets simply to attend this game. I do expect a big presence overall, somewhere in the 10-20k range. Probably equal or a bit lesser to what Georgia did in BR last year.

And we will do the same thing in Baton Rouge next year.

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 3:13 PM, Captainant said:

The current director of LHB, Scott Hanna, is a fucking pox upon a fun gameday environment. He's the dickhead who thinks its fun and neat to play the same three stingers and hold the last note for as long as fucking possible, along with all the other bush league bullshit. He's patterson-level of dogshit for gameday and general fun in LHB.

you'll hold that note motherfucker, and you'll like it.

3 hours ago, smoky said:

I may go to jail if I show up tomorrow morning and someone's in my spot

Well we drove by our usual spot and there are tons of people out already either setting up or cordoning off areas. We went out there and saved our spot, but if we had waited until the morning, it would have been gone. Good luck. 

18 minutes ago, Honeysucklerose said:

Not as good as I thought it would be. Not better than Notre Dame or the first WVU

Yeah, honestly it was pretty tame for a packed house, USC, TCU, WVU, and even ISU had more energy last year.

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

8 downs of futility on the goal line tends to suck the air out.

Yep, that had a lot to do with it.

• Like 1

Probably 10k LSU fans in the stadium, the other 20 or 30 thousand were outside the stadium cramping up, couldn't make it in. 

First time back for me in a couple seasons,  game atmosphere has improved by a good margin, stadium was the most clean I have seen since the renovation to the westside concourse many moons ago. 

Stop with the music while our offense is on the field. Ohio State fans travel better. Was expecting way more LSU fans. Still a big number of them, not as many as Ahia State brought. 

Was great to be back in my seat. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

There were more than a few Texas Fight chants

I didn't hear one outside of the beginning of the game. Even though there were 3 or 4 occasions where it would've been perfect in the 2nd half. We tried to start one on the east side upper deck in the 3rd, but as soon as we got the west side to join they decided that electronic music bullshit would sound better than a Texas fight chant at that moment. 

Only 1 Texas Fight done and that was before the game.  Numerous chances to do it in 3rd and 4th quarters, especially with all of the long TV timeouts.

Also - Can we changeup the sing along song from Journey?  That’s two weeks in a row and it loses its fun and impact too!  Last bitch - the stupid fucking Kendra Scott thing.  It’s god awful

Overall a fun atmosphere, but not on par with ND game.  The first half play dictated some of that.

• Like 1