Game Atmosphere 2019

blacklab

I like the loudness of the music and some of the choices, but they play it too often and loses its effect on me. 

For example when it’s 3rd and long in a tight game and the crowd is going nuts I think the bass from Pursuit of Happyness is cool and adds to the environment. 

I don’t need to hear it when it’s 3rd and short in the 1st qtr and the opposing team has the ball at their own 30. 

Just now, Machinator said:

That's one of the student sections. It's been a fiasco this season.

Admittedly, I haven't paid much attention to the reasons behind the clusterfuck that's the student section, but why is this such a difficult thing to fix?

Don't the majority of programs seat their students in the same way? 

Everyone's else seems to be fine, but we can't do it without endangering lives or leaving an entire section empty?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Admittedly, I haven't paid much attention to the reasons behind the clusterfuck that's the student section, but why is this such a difficult thing to fix?

Everyone's else seems to be fine, but we can't do it without endangering lives or leaving an entire section empty?

I wish I knew. I know the SEZ construction is a constraint, but it seems like we're making things unnecessarily difficult.

Every year we try to go to TX/OU or an away game, but we decided to do OSU 'cause some cunt is getting married for the game we picked (WVU).  So last night was the first time I've been to a home game in a.few years.  Unfortunately, the DJ felt obligated to fill every second of empty space with music.  Add in the shitty announcer and I felt like I was at an NBA game.  Maybe I'm an old, but for me it was a beating and I doubt I'll be back unless it changes. 

That said, Bevo Blvd was really cool.

Edited by Colonel Sanders

25 minutes ago, Colonel Sanders said:

Every year we try to go to TX/OU or an away game, but we decided to do OSU 'cause some cunt is getting married for the game we picked (WVU).  So last night was the first time I've been to a home game in a.few years.  Unfortunately, the DJ felt obligated to fill every second of empty space with music.  Add in the shitty announcer and I felt like I was at an NBA game.  Maybe I'm an old, but for me it was a beating and I doubt I'll be back unless it changes. 

Your absence will doubtless cost us at least one win per season....

• Like 1

Only get to one game a year since I live out of state but CDC earned every bit of his salary and more. Game day experience is night and day better than years past. From Bevo Blvd to concession prices to Longhorn City Limits.....it’s all makes for a much more fun game day experience. They make changes so quickly that there are going to be growing pains and certainly the student section issues need to be sorted out, but I had a great time. Of course night game and burnt orange tube top girl helped a lot too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Foosters said:

When other schools students bitch, no one listens. We're Texas and the media hate is as cunty as our students and most of them work in our city.

Edited by Goodman

4 hours ago, Colonel Sanders said:

I mean unless your last home game was pre 2010 I can’t imagine it was a beating.  The bullshit advertising has been cut in half and then some, no NBA/minor league baseball pick the color/hat games, more local vendors/concessions, no HYPE team or on field MC, no weather man, no jet pack/gatling gun T-shirt cannon gimmicks, BEER, the Hall of Fame, on top of Bevo Blvd, Smokey’s Midway and Longhorn City Limits.  Sure there is room to improve but a home game today versus even 3 years ago is night and fucking day, and if you can’t recognize that then I don’t know what to tell you.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

question for y'all that went to morgantown.

I watched the game on tv and it seemed that wv didn't play canned crap music.

is this true?

also it was nice to hear lhb play texas fight after big plays/turnovers insted of hearing that kernkraft 400 trite ass shit.

12 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:

is this true?

also it was nice to hear lhb play texas fight after big plays/turnovers insted of hearing that kernkraft 400 trite ass shit.

They played canned music just like us.

12 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:

is this true?

They definitely played music. Not an overwhelming amount, but there were a couple times I kind of wished they'd have just let the crowd handle it.

A couple of the EDM/classic country tunes had a good, organic crowd reaction/response, but I have no fucking clue why AC/DC and other jock jams from that era are still on any playlist - they're so overdone and cliche they just don't get any response anymore.

Edited by texifornia

• 2 weeks later...

Fuck the pro sports atmosphere. That shit belongs at pro games, not college games.

And for the fucking love of GOD, can we please get rid of fucking Bob Cole. Motherfucker is just fucking awful. The worst stadium announcer I've ever heard.

• Like 2

I was amused by the down and distance displays on the scoreboard. They had those messed up every way possible. Wrong down, wrong distance, wrong field position. They showed 2nd and 64 to go from the 40 once. I was less amused when they had different timeout counts on different scoreboards at the end of the game. Could some idiot have thought we still had a timeout left from some bad scoreboard display???

Seats were empty all over the place. I know most of the Houston contingent went to Astros game instead of coming in for Kansas, but there were a lot of empty seats throughout the stadium.

The "new" student section that is replacing the SEZ section was completely empty.

I have to figure the Tech game after Thanksgiving will be a complete ghost town. Especially if Texas loses another game between now and then.