Cursing at Work

TahoeHorn

In a week, how often would you guess that you hear a colleague utter a curse word?
A. In a formal work setting in a group  (e.g. project leader addressing team)
B.  In a work setting with one person (e.g. your office mate snarling about spilled coffee)
C. Not in a formal work setting (e.g. happy hour after work)
Forty years ago there were environments where cursing was just plain not done and others where it occurred a mile a minute.  I knew which was which.  Today I have no clue.
Edited by TahoeHorn
  • Fuck You 1

Shit. Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit! Shit! Fuck. Fuck! Fuck, fuck, fuck and fuck! Fuck, fuck and bugger! Bugger, bugger, buggerty buggerty buggerty, fuck, fuck, arse!Balls, balls...fuckity, shit, shit, fuck and willy. Willy, shit and fuck and... tits.

• Like 1

I work at home so cussing is allowed and welcomed.  

CSB  Best friend growing up had 6 brothers, who were like my brothers.  Playing a "family" basketball game in the driveway, everyone is there...Mom, Dad etc.  Oldest sibling was the one and only spoiled piece of shit backstabbing girl, and her husband was there, the outcast.  Now "family" games generally meant fouls were not called, hacking was mandatory, and blood was going to be drawn.  Outcast was calling fouls constantly so he was subsequently getting hacked harder and more often until he snapped and threw the ball across the street and yelled "FUCK THIS SHIT".  Silence.  Mom and Dad are aghast.  3rd oldest brother (toughest mfer of all) sticks his finger right in outcasts face and says "Don't you EVER FUCKING cuss in front of my FUCKING mother and father ever FUCKING again you FUCKING GOT THAT?"

16 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:

Shit. Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit! Shit! Fuck. Fuck! Fuck, fuck, fuck and fuck! Fuck, fuck and bugger! Bugger, bugger, buggerty buggerty buggerty, fuck, fuck, arse!Balls, balls...fuckity, shit, shit, fuck and willy. Willy, shit and fuck and... tits.

Well done Berty. 

When I work out of the home office, the dogs don't say cuss-words out loud, but they think them.

When I teach language class in a church, no cussing.

At the college break room, the wimmen cuss up a streak. I call it the Spittin and Cussin Club. Then back out where the students can hear them, they are sweet as sugah.

And this one time? At Natl Guard camp? I got called out by the tac officers for cussing too much. They made me write a 500-word paper about cussing. Yes, a fucking paper.

I think they wanted the paper to be ANTI-cussing, but they didn't specify. So I wrote that bitch with the thesis that US Army cussing was weak, repetitive, and badly needed a shot in the arm, maybe from our Nato allies. I gave examples and suggested improvements. The Greeks really stood out, those vile shit-in-your-grandmother's-cunt wankers-unto-oblivion. I turned it in and prepared to low-crawl to the chow hall. What happened was they quit fucking with me, and at the end of training I got it back with "HELL YES" scrawled across it.

tldr fuck you.

• Like 1

I try not to cuss when employees or customers are around.  One day I went out on one of our loading docks and just let a wicked blue streak go.  It was following a couple of customer issues and a particularly long( and useless) conference call.

I turned to walk back towards the main building and there is one of my female, mid 30's with kids, and very, very polite employees. I just start apologizing bigtime while I am completely embarassed. She says, "Oh we're adults.  It's not that big of a deal."  I reply that I really try to never cuss around co-workers or customers and that I really feel like there are only 2 offensive cusswords  in "G-D" or "J-C"

She deadpans, "Well that was obvious, because those were the only two you didn't use."

I sent this in to Reader's Digest.  Still waiting for my $25...

2 minutes ago, Iceman said:

I try not to cuss when employees or customers are around.  One day I went out on one of our loading docks and just let a wicked blue streak go.  It was following a couple of customer issues and a particularly long( and useless) conference call.

I turned to walk back towards the main building and there is one of my female, mid 30's with kids, and very, very polite employees. I just start apologizing bigtime while I am completely embarassed. She says, "Oh we're adults.  It's not that big of a deal."  I reply that I really try to never cuss around co-workers or customers and that I really feel like there are only 2 offensive cusswords  in "G-D" or "J-C"

She deadpans, "Well that was obvious, because those were the only two you didn't use."

I sent this in to Reader's Digest.  Still waiting for my $25...

how does she look?  big up-tops?  pics?