Alex Jones

Hornius Emeritus

• 3 weeks later...

AP: Infowars bankruptcy tossed in deal with Sandy Hook parents

VICTORIA, Texas (AP) — A federal judge in Texas on Friday dismissed the bankruptcy protection case of Infowars and two other companies controlled by Alex Jones, the result of an agreement between lawyers for the conspiracy theorist and parents of some of the children slain in the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.

U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Christopher Lopez approved the deal after a brief court hearing. The judge’s action allows the parents’ defamation lawsuits against Jones to continue in Texas and Connecticut, where trials are pending on how much he should pay families after judges in both states found Jones and his companies liable for damages.

The families’ lawsuits say they have been subjected to harassment and death threats from Jones’ followers because of the hoax conspiracy. Jones, based in Austin, Texas, has since said he believes the shooting did occur.

Relatives of eight of the 20 first graders and six educators killed in the massacre and an FBI agent who responded to the school in Newtown, Connecticut, are suing Jones and Free Speech Systems.

Infowars, Prison Planet TV and IW Health consented to dismissing the bankruptcy case last week after the families agreed to drop the three companies from their defamation lawsuits. Those lawsuits will continue against Jones himself and his largest moneymaking company, Free Speech Systems.

The families and the U.S. trustee’s office — a Justice Department agency that oversees bankruptcy cases — had questioned the legitimacy of the three companies’ bankruptcy filing and sought to throw out the case, saying it was only a tactic to delay the lawsuits. Jones’ lawyers denied the allegations.

Am2Dm GIF by AM to DM

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I hope the Knowledge Fight guys are able to get to Austin for the trial. 

They've been invited as experts to attend depositions and help shape questioning. If there's a public gallery I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that they'd be there. 

This week's Behind the Bastards is on jones and features the KF dudes

On 6/10/2022 at 3:58 PM, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Hmm, so they were ok with not filing for bankruptcy after they were no longer part of the lawsuit, while at the same time saying they were not filing bankruptcy because of the lawsuit.  IANAL but that sounds like grade a horseshit.

Not sure that's relevant to the rest of your post, but I guess it's accurate.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In his defense....the proper form of fried taters is serious bidness.  If I order tots, and you bring me fries, I will be most displeased.

I mean, I won't be an insane unhinged dick about it, so there's perhaps a fair bit of daylight between Alex and me on this one....but still....give the man his preferred form of fried taters, it's only right.

We've had contact with these silicon based life forms before! 

spacer.png

The evil horta. The Devil in the Dark. Wickedly laying and protecting its eggs!

Alex has seen the future! On the TV when he was a boy.

Now they come to take our curly fries at the behest of Satan and George Soros.

Alas, poor Earth.

25 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

A lot of people have publicly beclowned themselves in the past decade or so, but few have done so to the extent GG has. 

I've never been able to follow Greenwald's point of view. I'm a casual observer of him but he seems to align with extreme views of both sides of the political spectrum. I don't mean that he fully agrees with either extreme but rather picks and chooses from their beliefs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I've never been able to follow Greenwald's point of view. I'm a casual observer of him but he seems to align with extreme views of both sides of the political spectrum. I don't mean that he fully agrees with either extreme but rather picks and chooses from their beliefs. 

I can't figure him out either.  He tries to simultaneously be a "warrior for democracy and open government".....while also consistently aligning with authoritarians and authoritarian approaches that are utterly inconsistent with that goal.  I don't trust him at all, and I believe that everything he says about "democracy and open government" is a smokescreen.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

I can't figure him out either.  He tries to simultaneously be a "warrior for democracy and open government".....while also consistently aligning with authoritarians and authoritarian approaches that are utterly inconsistent with that goal.  I don't trust him at all, and I believe that everything he says about "democracy and open government" is a smokescreen.

Of course it is. All these rightwing jackasses exploit liberal ideals to shield their bullshit from criticism. They’ve become masters at misapplying concepts like freedom of speech or free exercise of religion to deflect blame at those who criticize the right’s disgusting ideas. And dummies eat that shit up, either because it’s a convenient tack or they don’t actually understand the ideals they suddenly hold so dear.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

GG reminds me of the internet commentators (intellectual dark web?) that describe themselves as classic liberalists but then proceed to adhere to the alt-right line with a passion. As if they were being paid to do so. I would be surprised if they could define and provide examples of so-called classic liberalism. To be clear, I have no idea if Greenwald has ever described himself as such or aligned to the group I mentioned.

• Hook 'Em 1