Alex Jones

Hornius Emeritus

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

The Truth vs. Alex Jones doc. is out on Max. Infuriating watch but well done.  

Wife and managed to make it thru the whole thing last night. Christ what a beating and those poor families. 

Jones is a souless sociopath. 

24 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

6 minutes ago, horngrad03 said:

Wife and managed to make it thru the whole thing last night. Christ what a beating and those poor families. 

Jones is a souless sociopath. 

Y’all should check out the podcast Knowledge Fight. The hosts just destroy Jones 2-3 times a week. It’s very well researched and often hilarious.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/27/2024 at 10:06 AM, 4th&Five said:

I can't get through 20 minutes. Deep down, I already knew it, but this confirms: if Sandy Hook didn't spark real change, nothing ever will.

Fuck anyone and everyone who puts a single cent in Alex Jones' bank account with their clicks. Which, sadly, is going to be me and everyone who watched this and generated buzz around his name.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 hours ago, aggie08 said:

if Sandy Hook didn't spark real change, nothing ever will.

Sandy Hook, Uvalde, El Paso Walmart, and all the others ... it does not matter how many kids or people die. 

As I have posted here before, the MAGA-Q goal is "ultraviolence" (from A Clockwork Orange) -- a society terrorized and traumatized by random bloody violence. It's a feature, not a bug.

With rando dudes piling up the AR-15 body count, ultraviolence breeds fear and permanent anxiety over senseless massacres. That's the toxic mix for a fascist-theocratic takeover as people surrender liberties for (the illusion of) security and sanity.

But there will be no peace of mind. No sanity.

Alex Jones, Q, and MAGA already prove that.

Edited by BevoAbyss

4 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

Sandy Hook, Uvalde, El Paso Walmart, and all the others ... it does not matter how many kids or people die. 

As I have posted here before, the MAGA-Q goal is "ultraviolence" (from A Clockwork Orange) -- a society terrorized and traumatized by random bloody violence. It's a feature, not a bug.

With rando dudes piling up the AR-15 body count, ultraviolence breeds fear and permanent anxiety over senseless massacres. That's the toxic mix for a fascist-theocratic takeover as people surrender liberties for (the illusion of) security and sanity.

And happy Friday to you too!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

User name checks out 😉

• Haha 1

I mean, gun control is the obvious thing that comes to mind when someone says, "If Sandy Hook can't change things, nothing will." But I was also referring to our descent into this post-fact, conspiracy-addicted society. This was pre-Trump--conspiracy peddling hadn't yet taken complete hold as the primary platform of one of our major political parties---so this was our chance to say, "okay, 9/11 truthers were bad enough, but this is truly heinous" and categorically shun conspiracy theorists and those who profit off of them from our society. Instead, we tolerated them with no worse than an eye roll and soon learned that a quarter of the population truly wants to be lied to if it feeds their fear, distrust, and hate...more than enough to keep people like Alex Jones rich.

As always in human history, the message--and the truth--doesn't really matter. Whoever says it loudest, fastest, and most convincingly usually wins the day and plows over the majority of society, who are decent, adverse to confrontation, and put a lot of faith in decorum and others' ability to feel shame.

In the past, you at least had to earn your platform, so that did an okay job of keeping the reach of the true sociopaths contained. Not no more.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

And happy Friday to you too!

Ain’t it a good one? 

thanks I’ll be here all day!  Shit not the first. Meh. 

I call dibs on “she is risen” for tomorrow!!

Edited by troph
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I mean, gun control is the obvious thing that comes to mind when someone says, "If Sandy Hook can't change things, nothing will." But I was also referring to our descent into this post-fact, conspiracy-addicted society. This was pre-Trump--conspiracy peddling hadn't yet taken complete hold as the primary platform of one of our major political parties---so this was our chance to say, "okay, 9/11 truthers were bad enough, but this is truly heinous" and categorically shun conspiracy theorists and those who profit off of them from our society. Instead, we tolerated them with no worse than an eye roll and soon learned that a quarter of the population truly wants to be lied to if it feeds their fear, distrust, and hate...more than enough to keep people like Alex Jones rich.

As always in human history, the message--and the truth--doesn't really matter. Whoever says it loudest, fastest, and most convincingly usually wins the day and plows over the majority of society, who are decent, adverse to confrontation, and put a lot of faith in decorum and others' ability to feel shame.

In the past, you at least had to earn your platform, so that did an okay job of keeping the reach of the true sociopaths contained. Not no more.

Well it proves Trump isn’t the problem he only took advantage of it. Christian maga crowd thinks post truth means anti-Christian it’s actually quite the opposite. Post truth started sometime in the 90s and grew in the 2000s and mushroomed in the decade before Trump. My only hope is it’s at full blossom now so something else is next I’m hoping it’s a version of sanity.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

If you're rich enough and don't mind lying to the court, you can pretty much indefinitely delay any sort of consequences and not change your behavior. It's absolutely astounding. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

The legitimacy of the judiciary is on trial as much as Trump is.   He is not just undermining confidence in the judiciary among his base who buy into the witch hunt narrative.  He’s undermining confidence in the judiciary in everyone else that witnesses it’s impotence when confronted with Donald Trump.

He is really the perfect chaos agent.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

If you're rich enough and don't mind lying to the court, you can pretty much indefinitely delay any sort of consequences and not change your behavior. It's absolutely astounding. 

No. This is just another shitty take. 

From the article: 

In late February, the families approved a plan to liquidate all of Jones's assets. According to Bloomberg, the proposal would “methodically liquidate and redistribute his property and cash, while preserving potential legal actions against parties affiliated with Jones and his Infowars program.”

For his part, Jones is asking that the families instead “allow him to reorganize by preserving parts of his media empire and paying the group at least $5.5 million a year over 10 years.” 

IOW, this is in the final part of the bankruptcy. Even Alex Jones is asking to be allowed to pay 5.5 million a year to them to let him stay afloat.  

If he doesn’t do it, they liquidate his stuff.  The purpose of a bankruptcy is not to let the debtor guy have the worst things happen to him just because he is a bad guy.  The purpose of a bankruptcy is to get money into the various creditors’ hands. As much money as possible. THAT is the main duty the trustee has. That often requires a reorganization to do this.  Yet again, the legal process has been grinding forward and is almost at the end where either they sell everything Alex owns - or negotiate millions of dollars a year to the victims and he stays afloat.    Nothing about this bankruptcy process was unduly long, given the factual circumstances and the complexity of the business.

Just because Alex is a dip shit does not mean he does not make a ton of money from his companies being a dip shit.  In a re-organization, the company CEO usually retains his or her salary unless it significantly drains the assets and there is no continuing income stream.   Whatever that is for Alex, in a chapter 11 reorg that does not mean no one is allowed to go on vacation. Jesus..  They have Jones by the nuts, and he is begging.  This is a success in the system and not a failure

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

IOW, this is in the final part of the bankruptcy. Even Alex Jones is asking to be allowed to pay 5.5 million a year to them to let him stay afloat.  

If he doesn’t do it, they liquidate his stuff.  The purpose of a bankruptcy is not to let the debtor guy have the worst things happen to him just because he is a bad guy.  The purpose of a bankruptcy is to get money into the various creditors’ hands. As much money as possible. THAT is the main duty the trustee has. That often requires a reorganization to do this.  Yet again, the legal process has been grinding forward and is almost at the end where either they sell everything Alex owns - or negotiate millions of dollars a year to the victims and he stays afloat.    Nothing about this bankruptcy process was unduly long, given the factual circumstances and the complexity of the business.

Just because Alex is a dip shit does not mean he does not make a ton of money from his companies being a dip shit.  In a re-organization, the company CEO usually retains his or her salary unless it significantly drains the assets and there is no continuing income stream.   Whatever that is for Alex, in a chapter 11 reorg that does not mean no one is allowed to go on vacation. Jesus..  They have Jones by the nuts, and he is begging.  This is a success in the system and not a failure

Point of order, Jones gets no relief from bankruptcy in his rulings. This is him just playing in the mud to slow things down and deny justice.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/judge-rules-alex-jones-cant-use-bankruptcy-protection-to-avoid-paying-sandy-hook-families

The families who won the verdict against Jones went to his personal bankruptcy hearing and offered a settlement of $85M (per AP), and Jones has REJECTED the grace of those families. 

But in the sharply worded document, the attorneys continued to accuse the Infowars host of failing to curb his personal spending and “extravagant lifestyle,” failing to preserve the value of his holdings, refusing to sell assets and failing to produce certain financial documents.

“Jones has failed in every way to serve as the fiduciary mandated by the Bankruptcy Code in exchange for the breathing spell he has enjoyed for almost a year. His time is up,” lawyers for the Sandy Hook families wrote.

So no, I don't think he's begging for help. He's turning it down from the people he victimized and is instead trying to play the victim, just like every goddamn fucking fascist does after they start to Find Out. I don't understand why you have such a weird reflex to be contrarian towards me in favor of objectively horrible people. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Point of order, Jones gets no relief from bankruptcy in his rulings. This is him just playing in the mud to slow things down and deny justice.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/judge-rules-alex-jones-cant-use-bankruptcy-protection-to-avoid-paying-sandy-hook-families

The families who won the verdict against Jones went to his personal bankruptcy hearing and offered a settlement of $85M (per AP), and Jones has REJECTED the grace of those families. 

So no, I don't think he's begging for help. He's turning it down from the people he victimized and is instead trying to play the victim, just like every goddamn fucking fascist does after they start to Find Out. I don't understand why you have such a weird reflex to be contrarian towards me in favor of objectively horrible people. 

That's what I remembered.  It seems like, in this sort of situation, the plaintiffs should be able to say, "This motherfucker shouldn't be spending a fucking cent on anything other beans, rice and a studio in East Austin until we're totally paid off."  I know that there is a balance in trying to keep a debtor motivated to generate income to pay his debts, but I'd probably lean towards "fuck that, I'd rather see him suffer ..." 

24 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

From the article: 

As far as I know, they haven't clawed back the tens of millions he transferred to his family before the BK filing and we all know he hasn't paid a penny to anyone yet.  Let me know when either one of those things actually happens and then I'll agree that he's actually facing real consequences.

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

From the article: 

Counterpoint: he should be killed. 

Edited by Biff Tannen
And I don’t believe in capital punishment
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Elaborating a bit on gator's post, in a normal business Chapter 11, the business carries on, pretty much as normal.  With the exception that the business is in Chapter 11 for some sort of business reasons and the operations usually are tailored to address whatever business judgments or conditions got them in Chapter 11 in the first place.  So, that can mean people are fired, certain business segments curtailed, etc.

What it is not is bankruptcy court imposed austerity, in most cases.

So, outside his personal bankruptcy, Jones had businesses and those businesses mostly get to operate "as usual" even if they are crazy, fucked up businesses, especially if they are still throwing off money.

The personal Chapter 11 is a different deal, though.  And to avoid liquidation, he's going to need to find something substantial. And, I am surprised the court/US Trustee has allowed his profligate spending. The 85M settlement came at a cost to Jones, though, at 8.5M annually, substantially more than he proposes.  And, you can be reasonably sure that the 85M is not some generous forgiveness, it's probably a realistic assessment of the cost and benefit of the plaintiffs trying to collect the entire judgment over a reasonable period of time.  And, the liquidation in bankruptcy, kind of like executing judgments on assets, is not guaranteed to return more money to the plaintiffs, by any stretch.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

The plaintiffs should have him kidnapped and transported to some county that ends in stan.  Then, they can set up a website where people can pay to have various disgusting and painful things done to him.  That's probably the only way that they will ever see a dime.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

56 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The personal Chapter 11 is a different deal, though.  And to avoid liquidation, he's going to need to find something substantial. And, I am surprised the court/US Trustee has allowed his profligate spending. The 85M settlement came at a cost to Jones, though, at 8.5M annually, substantially more than he proposes.  And, you can be reasonably sure that the 85M is not some generous forgiveness, it's probably a realistic assessment of the cost and benefit of the plaintiffs trying to collect the entire judgment over a reasonable period of time.  And, the liquidation in bankruptcy, kind of like executing judgments on assets, is not guaranteed to return more money to the plaintiffs, by any stretch.

The problem remains: Jones does not receive judgement relief from his bankruptcies. He is still liable for more than a billion in damages. He did not take the settlement proffer from the Sandy Hook parents. 

He's playing a legal slight of hand trick to use an unrelated matter to delay the execution of his judgement. 

15 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

From the article: 

IOW, Jones will never, ever feel any pain from this.  He continues living a multi-millionaire lifestyle while continuing to spew vile shit.  There is no FO for these cunts.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Captainant said:

The problem remains: Jones does not receive judgement relief from his bankruptcies. He is still liable for more than a billion in damages. He did not take the settlement proffer from the Sandy Hook parents. 

He's playing a legal slight of hand trick to use an unrelated matter to delay the execution of his judgement. 

The bankruptcy has not been dismissed.  The judge appointed a mediator, and the hope is that it gets wrapped up this month.  Once that plan is in place, hopefully, the Sandy Hook families get paid and he has to learn how to live under the strict confines of a bankruptcy plan.

4 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

IOW, Jones will never, ever feel any pain from this.  He continues living a multi-millionaire lifestyle while continuing to spew vile shit.  There is no FO for these cunts.  

But... Gritty told me there would be severe consequences.

gritty-sad.jpg

• Drool 1

1 hour ago, dcbc said:

hopefully, the Sandy Hook families get paid and he has to learn how to live under the strict confines of a bankruptcy plan.

Hope in one hand and shit in the other and lemme know which one fills up first. Jones has been shitting all over everything for years and seems to be much more effective than everyone hoping that he will grow a conscious and stop being a scumbag. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Hope in one hand and shit in the other and lemme know which one fills up first. Jones has been shitting all over everything for years and seems to be much more effective than everyone hoping that he will grow a conscious and stop being a scumbag. 

I'm not a bankruptcy specialist (although I am married to one).  I also can't predict the future.  I'll hang onto the hope, and as you suggest, I'll let you know.  But you're not wrong about his past and your assessment of him as a person.

The fact remains that he needs a Chapter 11 plan to be approved.  If he can't get the plan confirmed, the options are either that the bankruptcy is dismissed or converted to a Chapter 7 liquidation (if I understand the basics correctly).  My impression of bankruptcy judges, particularly from what I've heard about the Southern District, is that their tolerance for bullshit isn't terribly high.  That said, 11s are complicated and I realize they don't move swift enough for Surly justice.

Edited by dcbc

On 4/8/2024 at 2:23 PM, Gap03 said:

I know that there is a balance in trying to keep a debtor motivated to generate income to pay his debts, but I'd probably lean towards "fuck that, I'd rather see him suffer ..." 

That is the correct and reasonable moral reaction for sure. But that is not what the bankruptcy trustee has a duty to do. And the bankruptcy trustee runs the show mostly.

A trustee cannot say “this will really fuck Alex Jones. I’ll do that even though the creditors would get more money if he continues his broadcast. But fuck that guy…I hate Alex Jones.”

The other thing is that there are many creditors. I would assume many of them want Jones out of business no matter how much they get. Money can’t bring their beloved children back.  But some of the families could probably use as much money as they can get out of Alex because they were awarded that by the court.    A bankruptcy is a weird intertwined set of people with their own individual agendas that the trustee has to wade through and come up with the best compromise for everyone.      just because we hate Alex that doesn’t mean we change the program.

The vacation story is just Clickbait. 

8 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

That is the correct and reasonable moral reaction for sure. But that is not what the bankruptcy trustee has a duty to do. And the bankruptcy trustee runs the show mostly.

A trustee cannot say “this will really fuck Alex Jones. I’ll do that even though the creditors would get more money if he continues his broadcast. But fuck that guy…I hate Alex Jones.”

The other thing is that there are many creditors. I would assume many of them want Jones out of business no matter how much they get. Money can’t bring their beloved children back.  But some of the families could probably use as much money as they can get out of Alex because they were awarded that by the court.    A bankruptcy is a weird intertwined set of people with their own individual agendas that the trustee has to wade through and come up with the best compromise for everyone.      just because we hate Alex that doesn’t mean we change the program.

The vacation story is just Clickbait. 

It seems to me, based on my observations, that the trustees are even shorter on their bullshit fuse than the judges, particularly in the Southern District (Houston).  As an aside, trustees clean up financially.  It's a lot of work, but what a gig.

Edited by dcbc

3 minutes ago, dcbc said:

It seems to me, based on my observations, that the trustees are even shorter on their bullshit fuse than the judges, particularly in the Southern District (Houston).  As an aside, trustees clean up financially.  It's a lot of work, but what a gig.

Unlike a Chapter 7 and 13, where a panel of private attorneys do the work of supervising the debtor and collecting the bankruptcy estate for liquidation or distribution according to a 13 plan, the only trustee in an 11 is the US Trustee and they are pretty hands off for a legit debtor. But like most court things, a judge, whether severe or lenient, doesn't exercise much power until moved to do so by one of the parties which includes the US Trustee in an 11.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Unlike a Chapter 7 and 13, where a panel of private attorneys do the work of supervising the debtor and collecting the bankruptcy estate for liquidation or distribution according to a 13 plan, the only trustee in an 11 is the US Trustee and they are pretty hands off for a legit debtor. But like most court things, a judge, whether severe or lenient, doesn't exercise much power until moved to do so by one of the parties which includes the US Trustee in an 11.

I'll take your word for it.  [HUMBLEBRAG]My wife (no pics) worked for the Chapter 11 Trustee for the Eastern District for 11 years back when she was a new/not so new attorney and did a lot of trustee support work, in addition to the cases the firm was pushing for consumers.  She's a real natural, and I don't understand much about what she does.  But she's 99% off the cuff with it after two decades of it.  I've been practicing as long and know some things about a lot of things.  But even though she never specialized and has done all sorts of things, that's her jam.[/HUMBLEBRAG]

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 2