2019 Houston Texans

The Earl of Texas

As much as I still dislike BOB, I have to tip my hat to him for figuring some things out at halftime. That sack by Watt to hold them to 16-0 was the turning point in the game, IMO. He was outstanding tonight. And that ply by Watson to get the win??? How in the hell dis he not go down? Unbelievable.

Special shutout to the former Sooner shit head with the PF that took them out of FG range in OT. So let's not get ahead of ourselves with O'Brien. The biggest change in the offense was Watson taking off after the 1st read was covered, instead of sitting in the pocket and taking sacks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The biggest change in the offense was Watson taking off after the 1st read was covered,

Yep. I made the same comment in the other thread. 

BoB will probably continue to keep his job because of Watson's ability to cover up mistakes in the offensive game plan or lapses on defense. It is what it is I guess. I just hope Deshaun can drag us kicking and screaming to a SB before it's all said and done. Clearing $200 MM over the next 5 and keeping a contending roster around him is going to be difficult, though. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2019 at 6:31 PM, yoladu said:

the pattern continues...

Games 1 -3 : L, W, W

Games 4 -6 : L, W, W

Games 7 -9 : L, W, W

Games 10 -12 : L, W, W

Games 13-15: L, W, W

Game 16: L, ? ?

is a W guaranteed next week against Buffalo?

the streak continues!!!!!

Games 1 -3 : L, W, W

Games 4 -6 : L, W, W

Games 7 -9 : L, W, W

Games 10 -12 : L, W, W

Games 13-15: L, W, W

Game 16, WC, DP: L, W, ?

gotta be a win next week, right? Right?

• Like 1

Big win. Went from cursing Bill O’Brien and calling for his firing to have yelled myself hoarse when we were on D to help will this team to victory. The Alamo Bowl and this playoff game has made a rather disappointing season for both teams end on a positive note. The Texans are still not done. This cunt with the buffalo chicken wing head was right in front of me jawing all night blocking my view. His ass puckered up at the end and took his ridiculous contraption off and left unhappy. Haha

e0b2f78a1ef8b62cabc3eedcfea3b8b8.jpg

• Haha 1

What’s the Buffalo fan’s Surly handle? I’d like to give him some pos rep. 

Great comeback - defense was stellar after halftime. And DW4 had his Jordan moment for this week. Gotta do it again next week, cause BOB’s gameplanning ain’t gonna do shit. 

Let’s hope the Titans hold on this last 2 minutes. 

• Like 1

Historically when two teams meet again in the playoffs, the loser from the regular season wins in the playoff (“hard to beat a team twice” etc.). Under that logic we might have fared better against Baltimore and their less playoff-experienced QB. Hope our D shows up next week because I don’t think our offense is ready for a shootout. 

21 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

What’s the Buffalo fan’s Surly handle? I’d like to give him some pos rep. 

Great comeback - defense was stellar after halftime. And DW4 had his Jordan moment for this week. Gotta do it again next week, cause BOB’s gameplanning ain’t gonna do shit. 

Let’s hope the Titans hold on this last 2 minutes. 

Well to be honest, the Bills lead was built on complete bullshit. RB reverse pass to QB and multiple 3rd and long conversions that aren't sustainable over the long haul 

59 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Historically when two teams meet again in the playoffs, the loser from the regular season wins in the playoff (“hard to beat a team twice” etc.). Under that logic we might have fared better against Baltimore and their less playoff-experienced QB. Hope our D shows up next week because I don’t think our offense is ready for a shootout. 

I’m going to call bullshit on your premise, just going back to the first season that the Texans made the playoffs. Of course, we can all cherry pick different seasons to prove our points. 

2011 season - the first season the Texans made the playoffs - Texans beat the Bengals regular season, beat them in the playoffs. Texans lost to the Ravens regular season, lost to them in the playoffs. 

Texans weren’t close to competitive against the Ravens earlier this year. 

I’d rather have KC in the playoffs. Sure , they may beat the dog shit out of us, but the Texans  proved earlier that they could beat them in KC.