2019 Houston Texans

The Earl of Texas

6 minutes ago, Hate said:

It wouldn't have been Colts' ball anyway.  DeShaun had two hands on the ball while Leonard only had one.  There was no clear recovery by the Colts.

Yes in hindsight, but in the moment BoB couldn’t have known there was no conclusive recovery by Indy. If there was risk, he should have snapped the ball fairly quickly. A turnover there with a over a minute left seems like a pretty Texans things to do. 

• Like 1

I absolutely do not disagree with you.  They should have snapped the ball asap and I was afraid when they stopped the play that a review had been requested.  IT was stupid, but thankfully not as stupid as Frank Reich going for that 4th and 7.  Now, it was a yard away from being a great call, but why on Earth wouldn't you punt deep and use the "4" To's you had to give your defense a chance at getting the ball back, especially since all they needed was a field goal to tie.  That's twice Reich has gift wrapped wins for the Texans.

Man I hope Watson has this team in there watching film tomorrow. Three days off is all well and good in terms of avoiding injuries in practice, but we're talking a national televised game against the Pats. They own us in those, and we're going to have to use the extra days of prep if we have a chance in hell of winning.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hate said:

I absolutely do not disagree with you.  They should have snapped the ball asap and I was afraid when they stopped the play that a review had been requested.  IT was stupid, but thankfully not as stupid as Frank Reich going for that 4th and 7.  Now, it was a yard away from being a great call, but why on Earth wouldn't you punt deep and use the "4" To's you had to give your defense a chance at getting the ball back, especially since all they needed was a field goal to tie.  That's twice Reich has gift wrapped wins for the Texans.

You realize Reich's Colts are playing BOB's Texans?  The world likes Reich's odds against BOB on 4th and forever.  

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

What do you think the Texans need to get over the hump? Another OL? A WR? Some DBs? I'm kind of at a loss as to what our needs are besides coaching.

They have no pass rush without Watt. They need Fuller to stay healthy, but he never can. The OL is young. I did notice that they were doing some the same stuff that Texas does on defense. It was 3rd and 4, so what do the DBs do just before the snap, drop 15 yards in coverage, and watch as Hilton runs a 5 yard route for the 1st down.

Bill vs Boob. ZERO sane people pick anything other than another Pats win. In primetime. I sure hope the Texans find something tonight. Anything. Worried about Edelman. He’s going to expose again our soft LB/CB play in the slot. And Nuuk is going to have a long night against the best CB in the NFL right now. 

Hoping in one hand...

27 minutes ago, Bert Orange said:

Bill vs Boob. ZERO sane people pick anything other than another Pats win. In primetime. I sure hope the Texans find something tonight. Anything. Worried about Edelman. He’s going to expose again our soft LB/CB play in the slot. And Nuuk is going to have a long night against the best CB in the NFL right now. 

Hoping in one hand...

Nuk doesn't have long night's against anyone