2019 Houston Texans

The Earl of Texas

Watson, Hopkins and Tunsil all made the pro bowl. I didn’t realize Tunsil was having a pro bowl season. That makes me feel better about the trade.

“The Texans' Pro Bowl alternates are inside linebacker Zach Cunningham, who leads the AFC with 128 tackles, outside linebacker Whitney Mercilus, center Nick Martin, long snapper Jon Weeks and defensive lineman D.J. Reader.”

24 minutes ago, Pasken said:

Watson, Hopkins and Tunsil all made the pro bowl. I didn’t realize Tunsil was having a pro bowl season. That makes me feel better about the trade.

“The Texans' Pro Bowl alternates are inside linebacker Zach Cunningham, who leads the AFC with 128 tackles, outside linebacker Whitney Mercilus, center Nick Martin, long snapper Jon Weeks and defensive lineman D.J. Reader.”

Cunningham and Reader should have been named starters. Weeks is the best long snapper in the NFL. Never seen a bad snap from him

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

15 hours ago, Pasken said:

Outside of the false starts he’s been rock solid all year.  Was a hefty price to pay, but Pro Bowl left tackles are hard to come by....

People wanted BoB to trade up last draft to get Dillard, which may have cost us a 2nd or 3rd. Would rather give two firsts for Tunsil or a first and a third for Dillard?

Top 5 LT’s are hard to come by and probably worth two first rounders. The screw up was not extending him as part of the trade. 

16 hours ago, Pasken said:

Tunsil is good when he's not false starting.

14 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

People wanted BoB to trade up last draft to get Dillard, which may have cost us a 2nd or 3rd. Would rather give two firsts for Tunsil or a first and a third for Dillard?

Top 5 LT’s are hard to come by and probably worth two first rounders. The screw up was not extending him as part of the trade. 

Got to resign Reader, Fells, Hyde, Mercilus, Roby, and Weeks on top of giving new contracts to Watson and Tunsil.

I would imagine that restructuring JJ would be on the to do list this off season as well.  They will have anywhere from 77 to 86 million in cap space going into 2020. They won't have a lot of draft picks to sign, but they will have a lot of contracts to work out with their own FA's. 

Such a cluster fuck.

It appears those of us out of market can watch on the Yahoo Sports app, though only on phone (specifically not tablet) for some stupid reason.

If anyone finds a stream, please let me know. I should be able to use Xbox browser with that

33 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Such a cluster fuck.

It appears those of us out of market can watch on the Yahoo Sports app, though only on phone (specifically not tablet) for some stupid reason.

If anyone finds a stream, please let me know. I should be able to use Xbox browser with that

Ugh an you can't airplay.