Kidney Stones

Kermit

so...Thursday I was having some stomach pains but really didn't think too much of it. no issues on Friday. but some more pain on Saturday morning. Not in same area as kidney stone pain so I am really not too worried until it starts to shift to the lower right side and gets way more intense. I start looking up symptoms and all signs point to appendicitis...I suffer through watching the game and have the wife drive me to the ER, and after blood work and CT scan comes back it is confirmed. Nurse tells me I'm really old (50) for appendicitis. Thanks, bitch.  Surgeon comes in on Sunday morning and does his thing. Pretty fucking intense abdominal pain still and probably a couple more weeks still to come. 

I knew there was no way the appendix problem was going to subside on its own so obviously had no choice but to get the surgery. I've been told to expect 6 weeks no lifting etc so that is going to be an adjustment. But maybe it will give my joints and rotator  cuffs etc a chance to heal up some. But it fucking sucks pretty bad        

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 year later...

Pretty sure I’m having one again right now. It’s been 16 years since the first one when I was 25 years old.

Woke up tonight with that dull stabbing pain, but more to the side than the back. Took some Advil and it’s helped a little, but I’ve seen this movie before. It’s about to be hell.

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, NoRagrets said:

Pretty sure I’m having one again right now. It’s been 16 years since the first one when I was 25 years old.

Woke up tonight with that dull stabbing pain, but more to the side than the back. Took some Advil and it’s helped a little, but I’ve seen this movie before. It’s about to be hell.

Good luck.  They’re not much fun.  Hang in there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, NoRagrets said:

Hang in there bro....drink tons of water or coors light and get that thing moving...

• Hook 'Em 1

I might have gotten lucky with a small stone. The pain lasted four hours, then subsided substantially. I still don’t feel right. Just pounding water trying to flush everything I can put of the system.

I wasn’t really looking to see if or when it passed.  I kind of regret that now...

My first stone 16 years ago lasted 24 hours and involved a trip to the hospital. This pain was the same feeling, but on the left side instead and probably 60% of my original stone’s pain level.

4 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

I might have gotten lucky with a small stone. The pain lasted four hours, then subsided substantially. I still don’t feel right. Just pounding water trying to flush everything I can put of the system.

I wasn’t really looking to see if or when it passed.  I kind of regret that now...

My first stone 16 years ago lasted 24 hours and involved a trip to the hospital. This pain was the same feeling, but on the left side instead and probably 60% of my original stone’s pain level.

They suck bro, a fraternity nobody wants to join

Username does not check out.
  • Haha 1

I have had one in my life (knock of wood) - 10/10 pain (pain so severe and unrelenting that suicide enters the room as an option). 

My mother in law (cardiology) insisted on an ambulance for the trip to the E.R. for immediate pain control, preliminary "diagnosis" and a fast-pass to treatment, rather than a waiting room.  

I cannot recommend that course of action enough. 

• Paramedics provided partial pain relief. 
  • Reported I had a kidney stone or an aortic dissection (but comically assured me if it was an aortic dissection my pain would end soon with peaceful death (she was funny)). 
  • I was fast-passed to an ER bed and diagnostics (non-contrast CT).
  • In the ER - I was provided with Dilaudid (IIRC;  it felt like I smoked opium).
  • The relaxation from pain relief relaxed the spasm - and the river of blood and urine began to flow. 

Best wishes to those of you with chronic kidney stones. I don't know how you do it. Worst pain ever.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, deadshank said:

I've had kidney stones off and on starting in high school.  Although not often, they have grown progressively larger in size (and worse in pain) over the years.

The last bout I had was right after Hurricane Ike.  I felt them coming on and thought I could ride it out.  Finally, on Sunday morning I was on the sunroom floor, curled up in the fetal position, sucking my thumb with tears and snot bubbles.  I was in super agony this time.  

As my wife was stepping over me, she asked "are you OK?"  She did not like the answer.  

I coaxed her into taking me down to the ER for some drugs or just dropping me off at the gun range so I could get shot.  Either was OK with me.  I pay her well so she took me to the ER. 

We made it to the ER and went  through all of the paperwork, pain scale nonsense, poking and prodding. I told the attending doc that I have a history of kidney stones and I absotively and posolutely know that I have a rather large stone wrecking shop in my right kidney. 

For my efforts I get two Tylenol and a trip to the X-ray room.  After the photo shoot, I get wheeled back into my holding cell and await the results replete with snot bubbles, tears, cries of angst and me trying to strangle the attending doc.  Finally, some schlump sidles up to the doc and hands him the photos of my kidneys.  Doc pulls the pics from the manila envelope like he's presenting at the Academy Awards.  

The look he had on his face was priceless.  His eyes literally bugged out as his jaw went slack and he peered over the pics at me and spewed out "holy shit!" 

Uh, like I didn't know. 

He says,  "wow, that is a big one.  Looks to be 9-10mm and it's stuck between your kidney and bladder.  We've got to get you some better pain meds."   

"No shit, doc."

I got an injection of something strong that had me floating on a cloud of titties in no time.

I stayed in the hospital and had to have a lithotripsy.  After that procedure, I pissed out some debris and felt much better.

...........until 2 days later.

The lithotripsy merely broke the stone in half and I was right back in the hospital wracked with pain.  For fear of damaging my kidneys, they couldn't do another lithotripsy so soon after the first so they went up my peen with some sort of tube with an articulating claw and pulled the now two stones out and inserted a stent to keep my pee tube walls from collapsing or swelling shut.  The tube hung out the end of my Johnson like the old Water Wiggle kids attached to the end of a water hose and went beserk when  the hose bib was turned on full force.  Everytime I peed the piss went everywhere.  

After 2 weeks of that suffering I went to my urologist to get the stent removed.  Doc was waiting on me along with a smoking hot intern.  Doc pulls up to me on the rolling stool as I was standing there in my gown.  He claps his hands together and says "lets get that stent out!  Hey, Melissa?  Have you ever done this before?"  She says, "uh, no."  Doc says, "now is as good a time as ever!  Roll a stool over here and I'll let you do it."

She rolls over and I pull my gown up and protest that it is very cold in the room.  Doc instructs her to use both hands on the end of the stent and pull down and out, hand over hand.

Let me tell you,  the sensation of the stent coming out of me was somewhere between ecstasy and shrill pain.  I had no idea the damn thing was about 4 feet long.  She pulls on it like she's reeling in a jug line with a 15 pound channel cat on it.  As soon as it clears my peen hole I start uncontrollably pissing out urine and tiny stones all over the place.  Good heavens it was awful and she was trying to get a bed pan over to me to catch it all.  

The doc was laughing his ass off and said he'd never seen that happen before.  

It was quite a scene.

That's all I got.

Holy fuck, batman 

• Hook 'Em 1

I've had kidney stones off and on starting in high school.  Although not often, they have grown progressively larger in size (and worse in pain) over the years.
The last bout I had was right after Hurricane Ike.  I felt them coming on and thought I could ride it out.  Finally, on Sunday morning I was on the sunroom floor, curled up in the fetal position, sucking my thumb with tears and snot bubbles.  I was in super agony this time.  
As my wife was stepping over me, she asked "are you OK?"  She did not like the answer.  
I coaxed her into taking me down to the ER for some drugs or just dropping me off at the gun range so I could get shot.  Either was OK with me.  I pay her well so she took me to the ER. 
We made it to the ER and went  through all of the paperwork, pain scale nonsense, poking and prodding. I told the attending doc that I have a history of kidney stones and I absotively and posolutely know that I have a rather large stone wrecking shop in my right kidney. 
For my efforts I get two Tylenol and a trip to the X-ray room.  After the photo shoot, I get wheeled back into my holding cell and await the results replete with snot bubbles, tears, cries of angst and me trying to strangle the attending doc.  Finally, some schlump sidles up to the doc and hands him the photos of my kidneys.  Doc pulls the pics from the manila envelope like he's presenting at the Academy Awards.  
The look he had on his face was priceless.  His eyes literally bugged out as his jaw went slack and he peered over the pics at me and spewed out "holy shit!" 
Uh, like I didn't know. 
He says,  "wow, that is a big one.  Looks to be 9-10mm and it's stuck between your kidney and bladder.  We've got to get you some better pain meds."   
"No shit, doc."
I got an injection of something strong that had me floating on a cloud of titties in no time.
I stayed in the hospital and had to have a lithotripsy.  After that procedure, I pissed out some debris and felt much better.
The lithotripsy merely broke the stone in half and I was right back in the hospital wracked with pain.  For fear of damaging my kidneys, they couldn't do another lithotripsy so soon after the first so they went up my peen with some sort of tube with an articulating claw and pulled the now two stones out and inserted a stent to keep my pee tube walls from collapsing or swelling shut.  The tube hung out the end of my Johnson like the old Water Wiggle kids attached to the end of a water hose and went beserk when  the hose bib was turned on full force.  Everytime I peed the piss went everywhere.  
After 2 weeks of that suffering I went to my urologist to get the stent removed.  Doc was waiting on me along with a smoking hot intern.  Doc pulls up to me on the rolling stool as I was standing there in my gown.  He claps his hands together and says "lets get that stent out!  Hey, Melissa?  Have you ever done this before?"  She says, "uh, no."  Doc says, "now is as good a time as ever!  Roll a stool over here and I'll let you do it."
She rolls over and I pull my gown up and protest that it is very cold in the room.  Doc instructs her to use both hands on the end of the stent and pull down and out, hand over hand.
Let me tell you,  the sensation of the stent coming out of me was somewhere between ecstasy and shrill pain.  I had no idea the damn thing was about 4 feet long.  She pulls on it like she's reeling in a jug line with a 15 pound channel cat on it.  As soon as it clears my peen hole I start uncontrollably pissing out urine and tiny stones all over the place.  Good heavens it was awful and she was trying to get a bed pan over to me to catch it all.  
It was quite a scene.

That's all I got.

This story made me cringe and laugh at the same time.

• 9 months later...
On 9/2/2019 at 10:41 AM, Kermit said:

Fuck you, you fucking fuck. I fucking hate you. I want you out of my goddamn body. 

Condolences to anyone who has been through this and I’m sure it s about half you assholes. The drugs are pretty spectacular though. Too bad the pain is still there.

Wife had them and ended up having to be ambulanced to the hospital.  Agonizing.  Good luck.

Just saw this thread.  I had ‘em 10 years ago.  Worst pain I have ever felt.  I had to go to the ER and they hooked me up to an IV and gave me morphine.  Didn’t even touch the pain.  They hit me with a second dose of morphine after 20 or so agonizing minutes and it did nothing for the pain.  They finally hit me with Tordol and that knocked me out and the pain with it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just had my first episode with a KS last month.  I had Covid in January and had gotten pretty dehydrated during that time.  Started feeling that back and side pain and it was the worst thing I've ever had.  I'd rather get kicked in the junk than have that happen again.

Ended up in the ER where they confirmed it was KS.  Gave me morphine...it did NOTHING.  Gave me a little more.  Still nothing.

Finally gave me toradol.  Pain dropped almost immediately.  That stuff is magical.  Took a day or so for it to completely pass and all the pain to subside

And the doc said that since I've had one, I'll probably have more...I am NOT looking forward to that.

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/6/2021 at 2:56 PM, deadshank said:

Uh, like I didn't know. 

"No shit, doc."

It was quite a scene.

That's all I got.

"Dear Penthouse Forum..."

This thread brings back memories.  In Nov/Dec 2019, I had three calcium oxalate stones.  Two passed without much discomfort.  Number 3 was the devil.  It got stuck on the way down.  The pain was bad enough, but it backed up urine flow, and raised my creatinine level.  The doc had to go in, and up, and blasted and retrieved the stone as it broke up.  A stint was put in and aside from that discomfort, everything seemed ok.  Until the next day.  I couldn't piss except for a few drops of blood.  I went into the ER, and they had to shove a catheter in.  Out came 600cc of blood clots and urine.  I ended with a piss bag for a week.  Fun times.  Changed my diet, and drink 3.5 liters of water daily, along with potassium citrate twice a day.  

• Rage+1 1

• 6 months later...

I'm only posting this for informational purposes. Had three tiny distinct clots of blood in urine over past week.  Two urine samples with no blood.  Urologist opined that it was probably just passing a couple of small kidney stones.  No pain.  Hyper sensitive about the whole tract now so I'm having zen like mindfulness whenever I pee.  

Have to go in for a cystoscopy and CT scan. 

Freaking the fuck out about the cystoscopy. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2022 at 10:54 PM, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Just saw this thread.  I had ‘em 10 years ago.  Worst pain I have ever felt.  I had to go to the ER and they hooked me up to an IV and gave me morphine.  Didn’t even touch the pain.  They hit me with a second dose of morphine after 20 or so agonizing minutes and it did nothing for the pain.  They finally hit me with Tordol and that knocked me out and the pain with it.  

Toradol is what they gave me when Stadol had no effect. It's been well over 10 years for me as well. I'll be just fine if it never happens again. Holy fuck that was a bitch

• 9 months later...
On 10/4/2022 at 9:10 AM, The Original Greaser Bob said:

I'm only posting this for informational purposes. Had three tiny distinct clots of blood in urine over past week.  Two urine samples with no blood.  Urologist opined that it was probably just passing a couple of small kidney stones.  No pain.  Hyper sensitive about the whole tract now so I'm having zen like mindfulness whenever I pee.  

Have to go in for a cystoscopy and CT scan. 

Freaking the fuck out about the cystoscopy. 

Had the cystoscopy yeaterday.  An unpleasant experience. Give me a choice of that or a colonoscopy, and I’m taking the colonoscopy every time. 

I tried to talk while the scope was sliding up to the bladder. A lot of odd and rare sounds were issued. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/10/2019 at 3:02 PM, Dennis Taylor said:

so...Thursday I was having some stomach pains but really didn't think too much of it. no issues on Friday. but some more pain on Saturday morning. Not in same area as kidney stone pain so I am really not too worried until it starts to shift to the lower right side and gets way more intense. I start looking up symptoms and all signs point to appendicitis...I suffer through watching the game and have the wife drive me to the ER, and after blood work and CT scan comes back it is confirmed. Nurse tells me I'm really old (50) for appendicitis. Thanks, bitch.  Surgeon comes in on Sunday morning and does his thing. Pretty fucking intense abdominal pain still and probably a couple more weeks still to come. 

I knew there was no way the appendix problem was going to subside on its own so obviously had no choice but to get the surgery. I've been told to expect 6 weeks no lifting etc so that is going to be an adjustment. But maybe it will give my joints and rotator  cuffs etc a chance to heal up some. But it fucking sucks pretty bad        

Surly reply

Spoiler

The appendicitis thread is that way ——>

Mine

Spoiler

that sucks man. Both of my sons wound up with a burst appendix. Is way no Bueno. 

I’ve passed five kidney stones and after a few you kind of get used to it.  The pain isn’t any less intense, but at least you know there is an end it.  I’ve also had diverticulitis, shingles twice, and testicular torsion more times than I can count.  I think my pain receptors are becoming numb.

• Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I’ve passed five kidney stones and after a few you kind of get used to it.  The pain isn’t any less intense, but at least you know there is an end it.  I’ve also had diverticulitis, shingles twice, and testicular torsion more times than I can count.  I think my pain receptors are becoming numb.

Jesus Christ...It's a wonder you're still around.

Is it the years?  Or the mileage?

My God, what have I done. I'm having a little bit of tenderness in my left kidney, so I thought I just might read this thread. The only time I have seen my father cry was from a kidney stone. Mrs. CHIEF said her father said his kidney stone pain was worse than the pain from having his ribs split for a triple bypass. I am kind of a pussy when it comes to pain.

I am scared to death. So far I have ordered the supplement that Par4's buddy sells. I am about to order the Chanca Piedra, and potassium nitrate.I told my son that we are both going to get on the supplements. I drink about 64-96 ounces of water daily, but I know he doesn't. Sounds like you wouldn't wish it on anyone, except Putin.

CHIEF