Schadenfreude: laughing at the misery of Tennessee Volunteer fans

Horn Under a Bad Sign

• 6 months later...
On 1/2/2020 at 7:02 PM, Pimphand said:

Tale of two SEC schools.

Tennessee: Started 1-4 finished 7-5

Arkansas: Started 2-1 finished 2-8

Kinda hard to believe this team will win a bowl game (yes I know Indiana sucks)

Starting to feel like Tennessee will soon be better than aggy...

Just added an analyst that seems like a great hire.  

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/alex-jackson-volunteers-georgia-bulldogs-florida-am/

Current 2021 National Team Rankings...

Edited by LTtxfan

Tennessee will be back soon and be at the top of the SEC East!

I always loved The Vols and look forward to their “return”!

My father coached four players that played for The Vols in the early ‘80s and beat Miami in the Sugar Bowl (84 season?).
23a82ed589cdb0d303ec21a58518a4a9.jpg

7 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

Tennessee will be back soon and be at the top of the SEC East!

I always loved The Vols and look forward to their “return”!

My father coached four players that played for The Vols in the early ‘80s and beat Miami in the Sugar Bowl (84 season?).
23a82ed589cdb0d303ec21a58518a4a9.jpg

I’ve had a rough 20 years as a Vol fan so damnit I deserve this. I’ve still attended most home and away games until Butch’s last year. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

• 8 months later...

When I saw this thread bumped, I had assumed it was due to a different story which came out yesterday.

I'm in a hurry and can't find the link, but a player was shot in the leg at a nightclub last year.  Nobody would talk about it to the cops because, apparently, he was shot by another player on accident.  Said shooter is still on the team and said he carries, "To protect other football players".  Lol.

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

The NCAA contends Pruitt and his staff gave players cash and gifts throughout his tenure with the Vols from 2018-21. And it says that his wife, Casey Pruitt, paid more than $15,000 in rent and car payments for a Tennessee player and his mother over 2½ years. 

You know... the poor coach's wife got involved in this and she probably didn't know what was going on. That's really shitty of her husband to do to her. 

Oh.... nevermind.

Notably, Casey Pruitt worked in Florida State’s NCAA compliance office in 2013 when she met Jeremy Pruitt, then the Seminoles’ defensive coordinator. She was tasked with verifying players’ eligibility and ensuring the athletics department followed NCAA rules. She also worked in Troy University’s compliance office. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

You know... the poor coach's wife got involved in this and she probably didn't know what was going on. That's really shitty of her husband to do to her. 

Oh.... nevermind.

So the worst instance of recruiting violations in the last decade ties back to Jimbo Fisher's staff at FSU. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Parliament said:

In the NIL era, HOW do you get in trouble for that?!

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It predates the era, for one.

And the still unpaid players probably ratted them out.  Peyton's idea of paying them with leftover 80's's phone calling cards didn't work, because obsolete tech didn't work.

Are stories underreporting the Fulmer Culpability?  Phil hired as AD on Dec.1, 2017, Pruitt hired Dec. 7, 2017. 

All because their pyromaniac fan mobs revolted against the Schiano hiring.  And prophetically designed the program's tombstone last fall:

YQC_tkz1_400x400.jpg

Edited by clapclapclap

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Exhibit 4758392917326 of what I hate about the NCAA.  Of all the shit going on, you're chasing $12000 and nail salon visits?

This was from 2020. Pretty stupid to be mad at the NCAA investigating a head coach and staff directly paying players $60k. But it’s @slorch so I shouldn’t be surprised. *The $12K was found as the larger investigation continued. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Pacman’s post was (slightly) sarcastic.

As far as mine goes, $12k or $60k. Gimme a fucking break.  Of all the blatant shit going on, this is where they draw the line?  It’s a fucking joke.   It’s laughable.

12 minutes ago, slorch said:

As far as mine goes, $12k or $60k. Gimme a fucking break.  Of all the blatant shit going on, this is where they draw the line?  It’s a fucking joke.   It’s laughable.

So you are advocating that a coaching staff directly paying players $60K(that we know of) in 2020 shouldn’t have been investigated?

Edited by Irieguy
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, slorch said:

I think that's what Tennessee is counting on. This stuff looks like such small potatoes in hindsight with what is going on with nil. But now Tennessee gets to save millions by not having to pay Pruitt's buyout. And make no mistake, that is what this is all about. They put their old coach on blast so they didn't have to pay him that stupid extension, knowing their punishment was going to be next to nothing. The ncaa looks terrible these days to begin with. Imagine how bad they would look for hammering Tennessee for these improper benefits now. 

Bonus points for the ncaa giving them kudos for being so open and forthcoming in the investigation. Ya think? If every school stood to save millions based on the ncaa finding rules violations, I can't imagine all the shit that would have been dug up over the years. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Irieguy said:

So you are advocating that a coaching staff directly paying players $60K(that we know of) in 2020 shouldn’t have been investigated?

It’s more that I don’t give a flying fuck as a fan of college football, with regard to any notion of purity or amateurism.  The idiotic charades of ‘investigation into financial impropriety’ ’ or ‘academic integrity’ Need to just fucking stop.

It insults the intelligence of anyone who has an IQ over 20.

33 minutes ago, slorch said:

It’s more that I don’t give a flying fuck as a fan of college football, with regard to any notion of purity or amateurism.  The idiotic charades of ‘investigation into financial impropriety’ ’ or ‘academic integrity’ Need to just fucking stop.

It insults the intelligence of anyone who has an IQ over 20.

That leaves out aggy.

These investigations always take many years and typically it’s all new players on the team that gets hurt. Just punish those involved with “no involvement in college for X years”. Admins, ADs, coaches, etc.

Okie state basketball is a prime example this season. Just wrong.

These investigations always take many years and typically it’s all new players on the team that gets hurt. Just punish those involved with “no involvement in college for X years”. Admins, ADs, coaches, etc.

Okie state basketball is a prime example this season. Just wrong.

3 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I think that's what Tennessee is counting on. This stuff looks like such small potatoes in hindsight with what is going on with nil. But now Tennessee gets to save millions by not having to pay Pruitt's buyout. And make no mistake, that is what this is all about. They put their old coach on blast so they didn't have to pay him that stupid extension, knowing their punishment was going to be next to nothing. The ncaa looks terrible these days to begin with. Imagine how bad they would look for hammering Tennessee for these improper benefits now. 

Bonus points for the ncaa giving them kudos for being so open and forthcoming in the investigation. Ya think? If every school stood to save millions based on the ncaa finding rules violations, I can't imagine all the shit that would have been dug up over the years. 

Fucking this. The coverage of these things is always "OMG CASH IN BIG MAC BOX" instead of thinking "wow why did this guy get caught?" like nobody ever gave a recruit a bag of money. gtfoh 

edit: I should be more specific, imo the actual story is the fraud/corruption of the AD or boosters or whoever not the free nail job

Edited by GringoSalado