Airport bars

Gil Bang

I need a better employer. Current one verifies via Concur that whatever flight we choose is not 10% or $75 more than the cheapest possible coach option. My previous employer made me fly to Dubai in coach. It was a long 19 hours surrounded by Indians returning to their homeland via DBX to visit grandma on her deathbed. All this business class and free lounge drinking talk interests me. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, millhouse said:

Anybody going to be in Hong Kong in about 14 hrs?

Yeah,  for Burning Man East.  Haven't missed one yet.  I'll mainly be watching the Self Immolation stage. 

Edited by Lobo

14 hours ago, TexanTraveling said:

Concur, the JA lounge in Tokyo is the bomb. Hung out there for about 4 hours on my way back from Sydney. I remember them having a red carpet when I went to check in. Total class the whole way.

Will be there in a couple weeks. It’s been a while, looking forward. 

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

"Urban Decay"

I think I counted six people in the total melee which appears to have been going on before filming starts, and even continues a bit off to the right background for a little longer as well.  That's two full on brawls for two minutes each in plain sight of a hundred people and a dozen cameras and the only person of any airport authority that comes over is a ramp agent.  Meanwhile, there's 30 TSA agents 6 gates away making sure you're not sneaking any bottled water on board under penalty of jail.  

Your mom gave me re-entry status.  

I honestly have to say, I don't miss business travel but I would have loved to have been there for this melee.  

Fucking brutally sad how many people just watched, filmed, and shouted out random comments and offered no help to the victims.  You expect that at a 3am Burger King brawl in Louisiana, but not in broad daylight at major international airport.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Fucking brutally sad how many people just watched, filmed, and shouted out random comments and offered no help to the victims.  You expect that at a 3am Burger King brawl in Louisiana, but not in broad daylight at major international airport.  

You getting in the middle of that?  Dudes are fucking brawling.  In an airport.  By the gates.  They don’t give a fuck.  

9 hours ago, Lobo said:

Sorry, as a white person I don’t feel I have the agency to try and socially appropriate what my privilege dictates as civil behavior to people of color right now. 

I’m gonna cut around and grab a drink at the horrible Applebee’s and let the federal officers deal with that shit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1