Mom teaches son how to drive and die from road rage

crash_davis

Wisconsin mom killed in road rage incident while teaching son to drive, police say

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wisconsin-mom-killed-road-rage-incident-teaching-son/story?id=65362735&cid=clicksource_4380645_null_headlines_hed

A Wisconsin mom died in a suspected road rage incident over the weekend while teaching her teenage son how to drive, authorities said.

Tracey Smith, 46, was giving her 17-year-old son a driving lesson on Friday evening when the pair got into what investigators described as "a minor accident," according to the Milwaukee Police Department.

Things took a tragic turn when Smith, a sergeant with the Wisconsin Department of Corrections, got out to confront the driver who ran into them. The two exchanged words and Smith was shot during the encounter, according to police.

"This stemmed from a minor accident that occurred. The passenger of the vehicle that was hit got out and confronted the [driver] of the striking vehicle," police said in a statement Monday. "Words were exchanged and the driver of the striking vehicle pulled out a firearm and shot the passenger."

For Surly assholes like me, here's the funny, ironic part of all this.  Her kind and wonderful words inspired a man to shoot her dead.  She definitely had a knack for communication.

The woman's family described her as a "beautiful person" who had a knack for communicating with people. 

"She was a beautiful person. She knew how to treat people. She knew how to talk to people. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m sure that being a prison guard has really helped her interact with people in a non-authoritative manner. 

Wouldn't she have to be pretty good at defusing situations? It's not like she's an NFL DT... I'd like to know what words were actually exchanged.

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m sure that being a prison guard has really helped her interact with people in a non-authoritative manner. 

How many prison guards do you know?  It ain't all Shawshank and Alcatraz... for the most part.

Edited by Iceman