The Minister of Culture

Machinator

• 7 months later...
9 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

We sometimes get an overdose of Matthew McConnahey, but that’s because we tune in to everything UT. He’s trying to spread the gospel to the unwashed masses. 

From what I read, he is the unwashed masses.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2020 at 11:44 PM, Steel Shank said:

I got wore out on MM a couple years ago.

This

On 7/22/2020 at 12:14 AM, Lerka Lerka said:

He's a good dude with a big heart that reps UT and Austin well. Fuck the haters. 

I get this too

On 7/22/2020 at 12:28 AM, ImissWallyPryor said:

We sometimes get an overdose of Matthew McConnahey, but that’s because we tune in to everything UT. He’s trying to spread the gospel to the unwashed masses. 

For sure this.

For me it just seems like a schtick.  Like he's just playing a character., overplaying that character.

His appearances on Gameday and his appearance on Fallon were so cringey to me.

He was a little forced on "The Tonight Show" late last year, but you kinda figured he'd do all that going in, so wasn't inspiring nor disappointing.  The students sure seemed to love it, so that was the tie-breaker for me...decided to enjoy it.  I think back to that broadcast and how that was right when the first wave of people started getting sick in China, and how we didn't know what we didn't know.  That very night, the guy I went to the taping with was talking about China's oil consumption.  And that was all we could talk about afterwards.  We had no idea on what was to come.  So yeah, Matthew still serves a fun purpose...to take our minds off of what is wrong and focus on trying to find happiness.  He used to annoy me, but now I get it.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jshep34 said:

Any additional info on this one

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

A friend from HS works for her dad. We emailed back and forth about her when she was first noticed. I think her name is Ariel. That's about all I remember from the conversation.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2020 at 12:04 PM, Burt said:

A friend from HS works for her dad. We emailed back and forth about her when she was first noticed. I think her name is Ariel. That's about all I remember from the conversation.

Did you ever ask your friend if her dad carried a big pitch fork looking thing and answered to the name “King Triton”?😬

• 2 weeks later...