Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

This kind of banal thread title is what this board deserves for relying upon a fucking bot to do its dirty work.

I would have gone with something like:

Texas Recruiting 2023: Oh the Hermanity!

Texas Recruiting 2023: Balls Across The CFB World's Nose

Texas Recruiting 2023: 2 Years from Shitting the Big 12 Out OUr Backside

Texas Recruiting 2023: Take Your Damn Hands Off Her,Man

I don't know. Something in one of those directions. Surely there's still time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This kind of banal thread title is what this board deserves for relying upon a fucking bot to do its dirty work.

I would have gone with something like:

Texas Recruiting 2023: Oh the Hermanity!

Texas Recruiting 2023: Balls Across The CFB World's Nose

Texas Recruiting 2023: 2 Years from Shitting the Big 12 Out OUr Backside

Texas Recruiting 2023: Take Your Damn Hands Off Her,Man

I don't know. Something in one of those directions. Surely there's still time.

Decide on something good and I'll make it the title.

2 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Kid is from El Campo - a veritable bastion of aggy. Glad the staff is starting early recruiting players from areas that are not traditionally pro-Longhorn.

Which is interesting since only 15 people from El Campo have ever attended college.

4 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Kid is from El Campo - a veritable bastion of aggy. Glad the staff is starting early recruiting players from areas that are not traditionally pro-Longhorn.

Tyson King's jersey does hang in Greek Bros restaurant in EC. I've never noticed an aggy jersey in there. But I don't want to ruin my appetite so I don't look. 

5 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

My 7th grader just made the ‘A’ team in football. I’m sending his practice Hudl in to Herman. 

Shit - note to self film practice Hudl. 

I have an 8th grader and a 9th grader right now. I've watched a lot of football over the past year and seen kids going into 6A programs and none of them come close to this guy after seeing his Hudl. Any skepticism on WTF on offering a 2023 is out the window for me. 

16 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

2023: The Shush Man Cometh

So I'm assuming those are varsity highlights? Don't we tell kids we only offer once they have varsity film?

One of the hudl videos is from a scrimmage, the others are from a varsity game against Texas City.

Found some other highlights from the Texas City game (he apparently ran 17 times for 122 yards).  http://picdeer.org/media/2122845382216798904_2919638872

22 hours ago, XForce said:

I have an 8th grader and a 9th grader right now. I've watched a lot of football over the past year and seen kids going into 6A programs and none of them come close to this guy after seeing his Hudl. Any skepticism on WTF on offering a 2023 is out the window for me. 

Agreed. I look at these highlights, and then think "Yep. It's ridiculous to even think about offering a 2023 player, unless he plays like this kid".

5 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

that kid looks special. 

I blinked, and he'd not only cut through the hole but picked up about 15 yards. Had to play it again to make sure there wasn't a skip.

Even if the rest of the guys on that field were pretty slow, this kid's a freak. And I mean that in the most flattering way.   

8 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

I blinked, and he'd not only cut through the hole but picked up about 15 yards. Had to play it again to make sure there wasn't a skip.

Even if the rest of the guys on that field were pretty slow, this kid's a freak. And I mean that in the most flattering way.   

That was part of a 42-0 stomping over the defending 4A champs, Cuero. Now, Jordan Whittington isn't on the roster anymore, and I have no clue if they have anybody on defense, but I can't imagine it's all scrubs 1 year removed from a state title.

On 9/14/2019 at 3:04 PM, Hornlover said:

That was part of a 42-0 stomping over the defending 4A champs, Cuero. Now, Jordan Whittington isn't on the roster anymore, and I have no clue if they have anybody on defense, but I can't imagine it's all scrubs 1 year removed from a state title.

We graduated 17 starter most of whom were multiyear starters.

• Machinator changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars