Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

On 6/14/2021 at 12:03 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

IT Scoop:

RB Rueben Owens, El Campo (El Campo, TX) - 2023 (TEXAS):

He’s getting very familiar with Austin, TX.

Back after an Alabama and LSU trip, he hit Austin on Monday for some one-on-one time with the staff. Then he and his father promptly returned on Friday to see his guys, Arch Manning and Johntay Cook.

Owens really enjoyed the competitive side of the camp and bonding with his "future teammates.”

One of the nation's top tailbacks for 2023 wants to enjoy the recruiting process, so don't be surprised when you see him pop up on other campuses across the country.

But at the end of the day: "I'm solid to the Longhorns. That's not changing."

Life comes at you fast

5 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Not that it means shit, but his dad told Fong that Texas is still the leader.

Just need him to see Bijan go crazy this year

Would I like Owens to play for UT yes.  Was this expected?  Sure.  Does this mean I'm gonna lay in bed and hug on pillow all day.  Yes, but has nothing to do with a 2023 RB commit.  Let's keep lookin.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

It’s rare for someone to commit as early as he did and stay committed the entire time. The timing might be mildly surprising, but the act itself isn’t.

Agree, which makes me wonder what was the point of committing in the first place?

4 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

It's just really suspect. Dude has been openly recruiting for us for so long, saying all the right things, seemed totally committed. Then this out of the blue...I'm not saying there's fuckery afoot, but there's fuckery afoot. 

Totally committed players don't visit Alabama.

Edited by kevwun

People are really over here expecting a 5* 2023 commit to stay committed when every program that has a pulse is in his ear. Ok. This is why you hire coaches to prove themselves. We aren't gonna be Bama and fOSU overnight. Wtf? You can make promises all day, but at some point you have to show that you can coach these same players at a high level at your new university. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1