Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

20 hours ago, victory88 said:

I hate to break it to you, but we’re not leading for any of Greene, Dewberry, and Campbell.  I would be shocked if we got any of them let alone all 3.

Prepare to be shocked then I guess. Campbell will end up at Texas. Greene we will see. We will be very competitive in his recruitment. Dewberry will end up at aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Apparently UGA put on a good show for him

https://twitter.com/cjogara/status/1439385302389362688?s=20

He's gonna have fun on all his visits. And UGA is a good team this year. If I were a QB I sure wouldn't trust my career to Kirby Smart though.

With that said, I wouldn't count out them or Ole Miss

Edited by Tex-19
  • Hook 'Em 2

54 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Based on no actual data whatsoever I predict Ole Miss for Manning. 

I’m glad you prefaced your prediction with not knowing a fucking thing because you don’t know a fucking thing. Thanks for bringing nothing to the board. 

Edited by utfan87
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

He's gonna have fun on all his visits. And UGA is a good team this year. If I were a QB I sure wouldn't trust my career to Kirby Smart though.

With that said, I wouldn't count out them or Ole Miss

At all, the dude actually still wants to start 5’5 QB Stetson Bennett over JT Daniels and lord knows the debacle with Justin Fields.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Cashcar said:

Gerry is being logical here. Our OL and WR recruiting is just subpar. Sark and Co. have done little to fix that, outside of Worthy. We likely need to set our QB targets elsewhere, as a unicorn like Arch isn’t gonna just sign up to play with mediocre offensive talent. 

Start looking for the next target.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I mean he says the four main contenders are us, Clemson, UGA, and Bama, then goes on to say he can't see it being Clemson and thinks UGA makes less sense. Which implies us and Bama are the most likely.

Gerry doesn't say it but Bama has the disadvantage of Ty Simpson being in the '22 class and Arch not really knowing who his qb coach will be (BoB will leave for an NFL or HC job). Plus the Mannings probably hate Bama and want an actual education.

So why the whining? 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cashcar said:

Gerry is being logical here. Our OL and WR recruiting is just subpar. Sark and Co. have done little to fix that, outside of Worthy. We likely need to set our QB targets elsewhere, as a unicorn like Arch isn’t gonna just sign up to play with mediocre offensive talent. 

Sark and Co arent the problem. Maybe one day our fanbase will prioritize winning the same way we want our coaches to. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Good news: there's this thing called the transfer portal that should help beef up those positions quicker than it would've previously taken.

Also, most of these WRs won't be here for Arch anyway. Worthy is basically the only one and he's a stud. Arch will know that elite WRs like Cook would join him if he commits here. So the 2022 class is really the question mark. Brenen, Stewart, Coleman, and Hudson would all check the box as top 100 recruits to point to. Only need 1-2 of them.

Sanders at TE is a 5-star to show Arch plus Skinner if we land him. RB room is obviously looking rock solid. OL is of course the biggest question.

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Cashcar said:

Name me any Texas OL who would start at Bama, GA, or Clemson? What WR besides Worthy has NFL talent on this team? Whoever has been recruiting our Oline and WR rooms the past decade sounds like a pussy. 

It's September. Of 2022. Arch will likely have guys wanting to join him in his recruiting class (Cook and Owen's have already said they want to go where Arch goes). Go ugly early sounds like a poor strategy to upgrade your talent.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Cashcar said:

Which means what? And Sark isn’t the problem yet, but his predecessors absolutely fucking whiffed on Oline and WR recruiting. Maybe that’s on the coaches or maybe its on Belmont for not playing the game…or both.

What do you think it means? What's the difference between us and Georgia?

28 minutes ago, Cashcar said:

Which means what? And Sark isn’t the problem yet, but his predecessors absolutely fucking whiffed on Oline and WR recruiting. Maybe that’s on the coaches or maybe its on Belmont for not playing the game…or both.

Belmont is not where the game would be played. 

UGA the school does not pay recruits outside room/board/tuition/stipend.  An organized and well funded booster program OTOH can certainly land top classes at a place that hasn’t won shit in 40 years.  

Now that’s not to say there’s not an “organizer” on the inside, there may be at some places.  But it’s far more likely to be an ol freaky nasty than an AD.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Cashcar said:

Name me any Texas OL who would start at Bama, GA, or Clemson? What WR besides Worthy has NFL talent on this team? Whoever has been recruiting our Oline and WR rooms the past decade sounds like a pussy. 

Clemson has never had a good OL (I know we haven't either, since 06).  Schulz called you a pussy, but that is not strong enough.  You are are a bleeding fucking gash.  Georgia's offense is a fucking joke - letting Justin Fields go for that joke of a QB we stuffed in the Sugar Bowl?  Ha ha.

Worthy may be the only WR Sark has brought in, but give him time asshole.  BTW, Whittington is pretty fucking good.  You kin to Saty??

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Cashcar said:

Lol…go fuck yourself you idiot. That shitty GA offense has had 12 players drafted in the past 3 years. Whittington will be good if he can 1) ever stay healthy and 2) hold onto the fucking ball. 

Look, I’d love to join in the Surly circle jerk for Arch but it’s not happening. 

You are the fucking idiot.  You don’t seem to realize that we beat that juggernaut in the Sugar Bowl.

Smart is really good on D, but someone there is a tool for letting Justin Fields go.  

Arch remains to be seen.  Not counting on it, but I’m sure as hell not gonna rely on you.

Edited by cochamps

4 hours ago, Cashcar said:

Let’s be real honest here bro. If I put a gun to your head before the start of the season and told you Clemson would play Georgia and George tech…and be outscored 18-17…you’d put your fuckin life on it? Nahhhh you’re not a dumbass, well maybe you are but you couldn’t have guessed they would be this average with the “best” talent in the country. The point is a lotttttt of shit can change in a hurry. Have a little faith man. This staff is equipped to maximize talent and weather some storms I believe. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2