Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

2 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

But does the Georgia mod know shit?

I agree with his assessment of said twitter person, but yes, I was referring to the Georgia MOD source. But honestly, there are positives for every school he's looking at, but the family has a history of going with a QB guru and it's worked out well for them. 

1 minute ago, Barbacoa said:

I dont think Clemson is much of a factor. Family wants Sark, but the pieces have to be there. You can bet they will notice what is about to go down with Harris. 

So if Harris goes to Bama or aggy, why would Arch give a shit?  His folks know the bag game is being played and has been in the SEC for many years.  .  

17 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

So if Harris goes to Bama or aggy, why would Arch give a shit?  His folks know the bag game is being played and has been in the SEC for many years.  .  

It's indicative that we arent playing the game like Georgia is. Mannings want the programs to bag it up to put pieces around Arch. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Eli did not have many pieces in place at Ole Miss, but I get your point.  

With their large amount of experience with sports marketing, they want him at a program that will be connected to large metro markets. They're out to make him a commercial success and they need a Texas or an UGA to do that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

With their large amount of experience with sports marketing, they want him at a program that will be connected to large metro markets. They're out to make him a commercial success and they need a Texas or an UGA to do that. 

Then if you cull Bama, Ole Miss and Clemson then I like Texas' chances.  Another Bevo horn up UGA's tiny asshole.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Barbacoa said:

It's indicative that we arent playing the game like Georgia is. Mannings want the programs to bag it up to put pieces around Arch. 

Assuming you are in the know, do you know why we are not playing the game like Georgia (and I assume aggy)?

With NIL we should now or soon be in the top payers tier. Or is it a distinction between NIL paying once on campus vs the bag game prior to campus (ie cash in hand to commit/sign).  Do you know if Texas will only pay via NIL route and that is what is hurting our current efforts?

I recall a CTJ post a while back that listed out tiers of playing the game and if I recall correctly those 2 schools were in the top group of anything goes. We were in the 2nd tier with bama. Ou in 3rd tier etc. 

also I have to believe we are playing some games in this cycle with recent commits from deep in SEC country of Louisiana and Alabama and Mississippi (?).  What’s most disappointing is the loss of targeted top Texas recruits that are still turning us down even with incentives of NIL or otherwise. I keep hoping it is only because it takes a cycle to get a good bag game to take effect. 

I’ll hang up and listen. 

3 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

Assuming you are in the know, do you know why we are not playing the game like Georgia (and I assume aggy)?

With NIL we should now or soon be in the top payers tier. Or is it a distinction between NIL paying once on campus vs the bag game prior to campus (ie cash in hand to commit/sign).  Do you know if Texas will only pay via NIL route and that is what is hurting our current efforts?

I recall a CTJ post a while back that listed out tiers of playing the game and if I recall correctly those 2 schools were in the top group of anything goes. We were in the 2nd tier with bama. Ou in 3rd tier etc. 

also I have to believe we are playing some games in this cycle with recent commits from deep in SEC country of Louisiana and Alabama and Mississippi (?).  What’s most disappointing is the loss of targeted top Texas recruits that are still turning us down even with incentives of NIL or otherwise. I keep hoping it is only because it takes a cycle to get a good bag game to take effect. 

I’ll hang up and listen. 

We aren’t playing it because we don’t have the systems setup to do it effectively and not get caught. And if we are we’re using a very antiquated systems that is no longer effective. 

we fucked up NIL huge so that point is currently moot.  Ctj doesn’t think bag men will be as effective going forward but I believe it’s going to take strong movement on both fronts to remain competitive 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

We aren’t playing it because we don’t have the systems setup to do it effectively and not get caught. And if we are we’re using a very antiquated systems that is no longer effective. 

we fucked up NIL huge so that point is currently moot.  Ctj doesn’t think bag men will be as effective going forward but I believe it’s going to take strong movement on both fronts to remain competitive 

Thanks for the response. I interpret it (for the most part) that it takes time to implement what needs to be done and hopefully the above things get fixed for the next cycle and beyond. 

I agree with you on the bag game not going away with NIL. NIL will pay kids once on campus. Lots of top tier kids may not be patient enough to wait and will want the bag dropped with each camp visit, unofficial visit, official visit, commit and signature. 

I guess if our NIL game is so good it cause kids to wait then great, but as you said we have already fucked it up I am not holding my breath. 

8 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

I’ll hang up and listen. 

The SEC schools laugh at the NIL when it comes to actually getting the players to sign there. Their longstanding infrastructure wasn't just going to give up their ability to steer kids to their schools. It's gonna take years for the NIL to win that fight, a full 4 year cycle I'd think. 

Arkansas was a wake up call. We will see how we respond. 

I dont think Clemson is much of a factor. Family wants Sark, but the pieces have to be there. You can bet they will notice what is about to go down with Harris. 

You make a lot of definitive statements like this on the recruiting board. Do you have connections to either players, the staff or anyone? Or are you just reading the bullshit that the $9.95ers put out and running with it as though it’s a fact?
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, irishtexan said:

You make a lot of definitive statements like this on the recruiting board. Do you have connections to either players, the staff or anyone? Or are you just reading the bullshit that the $9.95ers put out and running with it as though it’s a fact?

He’s connected to $.

• Hook 'Em 1

2023 Weekend Visitors:

EDGE Ashton Porter, Cy Ranch (Cypress, TX)
EDGE Derion Gullette, Marlin (Marlin, TX)
OT Andre Cojoe, Timberview (Mansfield, TX) - maybe
IOL Zachary Session, Morton Ranch (Katy, TX)
QB Marson Monsivais, Westlake (Austin, TX)
CB Canyon Moses, Legacy (Midland, TX)
CB Cory Huff, Nimitz (Aldine, TX)
S Tracy Revels, Liberty Eylau (Texarkana, TX)

11 hours ago, irishtexan said:

I'm in the "I can't take this anymore" camp. If there is a way to help, I'm available. If I was a big cigar, things would look different bc i'd be able to help more quickly and efficiently. I'm not even a little cigarillo. I'm fairly young, but I have a strong UT network and I'm trying to connect the wires where I can hoping the light comes on. The further I get down the rabbit hole, the more encouraged I am about the future. I do get frustrated though, because I want things to go much much faster and it's just a brick by brick process to get ready for our conference move. 

Right now the formula is simple. Sark + Manning = New era of Texas football. For me almost nothing else matters because I think that duo will wash away a lot of past sins. 

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Right now the formula is simple. Sark + Manning = New era of Texas football. For me almost nothing else matters because I think that duo will wash away a lot of past sins. 

If that we’re to actually happen, I’d be very optimistic about the future, but this Texas Football post-2010 so I’m just going to plan to see Manning in red and black in Saturdays. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

If that we’re to actually happen, I’d be very optimistic about the future, but this Texas Football post-2010 so I’m just going to plan to see Manning in red and black in Saturdays. 

I dont know what our chances are, too early to handicap. It's Schrodinger's recruitment. Right now, we both have no chance at all, and are the leader for his signature. 

The Mannings know there is a lot of elite talent that wants to play for Sark. What remains to be seen is whether or not we are an empty suit with this SEC move. When in Rome, do as the Romans do. When in the SEC, grind to keep up or get left in the dust. (Where we have been for over a decade.) It's a mentality. Georgia is the model. 

Another thing I'd add is you just wouldnt believe the impact the small guys can have on our success right now. Surly is a tiny corner of the Longhorn universe, yet they've made a very real impact on the NIL. Simply because they want to fucking win. Anyone who wants to win badly, take your little corner of the universe, and impact it positively. Even just spreading the NIL gospel. People have no idea about this stuff. I think there are thousands of alums out there who would buy in if they realized how much juice they could get for their squeeze. 

• Hook 'Em 6

3 hours ago, Barbacoa said:

Another thing I'd add is you just wouldnt believe the impact the small guys can have on our success right now. Surly is a tiny corner of the Longhorn universe, yet they've made a very real impact on the NIL. Simply because they want to fucking win. Anyone who wants to win badly, take your little corner of the universe, and impact it positively. Even just spreading the NIL gospel. People have no idea about this stuff. I think there are thousands of alums out there who would buy in if they realized how much juice they could get for their squeeze. 

We need like a resource center or good FAQ that people can plop down in front of their (preferably UT alum) marketing people at work. Business world is where the money can pile up quickly.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Barbacoa said:

Another thing I'd add is you just wouldnt believe the impact the small guys can have on our success right now.

This 100% percent. Burnt Ends is so awesome because it's going to get results AND it serves as a model for other UT alums before we even enter the SEC.

Heroes. Love you guys.

I want to win so fucking bad.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

This 100% percent. Burnt Ends is so awesome because it's going to get results AND it serves as a model for other UT alums before we even enter the SEC.

Heroes. Love you guys.

I'll eventually open another paypal account and fork over the whatever a month for Burnt Ends, maybe try and come up with some bullshit story to prolong the shit my wife's gunna give me when she finds out I'm giving money to college kids.  But we definitely need some badass apparel rolling on here. a $30 cap here, $30 shirt here etc...

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Matayo Uiagalelei visiting this weekend. 5 star lil bro of DJ. Think I read a while ago that their dad is friends with Sark

Man. You give Sark the resources and he will clean up in California. It serves as a great potential pipeline for us to tap into as we try to fill the gaps in state.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Heroes. Love you guys.

27 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

I'll eventually open another paypal account and fork over the whatever a month for Burnt Ends, maybe try and come up with some bullshit story to prolong the shit my wife's gunna give me when she finds out I'm giving money to college kids.  But we definitely need some badass apparel rolling on here. a $30 cap here, $30 shirt here etc...

Shirts are avb! Probably will get cleaned out by this tailgate Saturday. But will order more! Polos next

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Shirts are avb! Probably will get cleaned out by this tailgate Saturday. But will order more! Polos next

Gotta be someone on here with a cap setup. I'd buy the shit out of this style of burnt end cap

spacer.png

Sorry for the derailing. Arch or bust and shit

Edited by UncleBuck

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

We need like a resource center or good FAQ that people can plop down in front of their (preferably UT alum) marketing people at work. Business world is where the money can pile up quickly.

9 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

There is a survey on the football forum that outlines what we are looking to do on NIL. Check it out and respond to it if you haven’t already. We are now in execution mode. 

2 hours ago, Viper said:

I couldn't get the link to work for whatever reason.  Will try again later. 

I've signed up to support the TE group, but might sign up for another round of funding if we were to figure out a way to use it to help target some of the top portal transfers every year, specifically an OL or two next year.  That's going to help the team much more quickly than flipping a Cam Williams or whoever  (I know...why not both).  People like to see immediate return on investment.  Just an idea.

On 9/21/2021 at 10:55 PM, Barbacoa said:

The SEC schools laugh at the NIL when it comes to actually getting the players to sign there. Their longstanding infrastructure wasn't just going to give up their ability to steer kids to their schools.

In other words, kids today are no different than those of yesterday/yesteryear; “Show me the $$…like NOW.”  
Why would one want to wait until enrolling to get a deal via NIL when they can get paper just to show up at a camp or a game on a “unofficial”?  

I’m my mind just not a chicken/egg scenario; the cash must come first. That’s the price of entry.

20 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

In other words, kids today are no different than those of yesterday/yesteryear; “Show me the $$…like NOW.”  
Why would one want to wait until enrolling to get a deal via NIL when they can get paper just to show up at a camp or a game on a “unofficial”?  

I’m my mind just not a chicken/egg scenario; the cash must come first. That’s the price of entry.

And TBH, programs are really gunna have to work hard to limit what goes on inside of the program with kids already making $ off of NIL. There are always alums and fans who are gunna wanna fling some cash around for this and that, and who doesn't want more money?

• Like 1