Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

It's indicative that we arent playing the game like Georgia is. Mannings want the programs to bag it up to put pieces around Arch. 
Based on what? I think they're smart enough to know wherever Arch lands the pieces will fall into place regardless of bag game.

Having said that, we really don't need to miss out on critical pieces simply because someone has a higher bid. You either play the game or don't. Even those fucktards in Collie station know this.

2 hours ago, ousux said:

Based on what? I think they're smart enough to know wherever Arch lands the pieces will fall into place regardless of bag game.

Having said that, we really don't need to miss out on critical pieces simply because someone has a higher bid. You either play the game or don't. Even those fucktards in Collie station know this.

They’re smart enough to know how recruiting works in today’s environment. He could pull some good players but nothing even close to what Georgia would have for him.

24 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

They’re smart enough to know how recruiting works in today’s environment. He could pull some good players but nothing even close to what Georgia would have for him.

But on the other hand, I am sure the family doesnt want to have their kid be embroiled in the center of a NCAA investigation. Of course nothing would be pinned to him but sending a kid somewhere that SHOULD be the next to get Tennessee'd doesn't seem like the smartest move either

20 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

But on the other hand, I am sure the family doesnt want to have their kid be embroiled in the center of a NCAA investigation. Of course nothing would be pinned to him but sending a kid somewhere that SHOULD be the next to get Tennessee'd doesn't seem like the smartest move either

NCAA is toothless. No marquee SEC program is worried about it. I wish I could say the same about us, but I’m not so sure there aren’t people within our own athletic department that would support an NCAA investigation against our football team ** cough ** plonsky ** cough **.

Edited by Barbacoa
  • Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

FWIW, solid chance UGA's 2022 WR class ends up worse than ours. Right now they have 3 commits - the top guy is rated below Winfield, and the other two are mid 3-star bread. They're in the hunt for Luther Burden (seems like Mizzou leads), Shazz, and one other highly rated guy.

Meanwhile we have Armani, in the race for Stewart (likely UF), Shazz, Brenen, and Hudson.

So bags or no bags, we may do better at one of the 2 most important positions for Arch (definitely not doing better at OL).

summary courtesy of IT:

Still looking at a decision this upcoming spring/summer

Likes Monken's pro style offense at Georgia and said Georgia has to feel pretty good about their position right now.

Told some weird story about how Dabo tells recruits he's going to love them no matter what

Arch really likes Sark and Milwee. Mentioned that Arch's HS even has some plays from Texas' playbook and their motto is 'All Gas, No Brakes' this year

Was blown away with his conversation with Kiffin and Lebby. Sounds like Ole Miss is still hanging around.

Sounds like the bottom line is this recruitment still hasn't fully kicked into gear yet.

Also mentioned Arch liking the professionalism of the Alabama program.

1 hour ago, Big Woodrows said:

summary courtesy of IT:

Still looking at a decision this upcoming spring/summer

Likes Monken's pro style offense at Georgia and said Georgia has to feel pretty good about their position right now.

Told some weird story about how Dabo tells recruits he's going to love them no matter what

Arch really likes Sark and Milwee. Mentioned that Arch's HS even has some plays from Texas' playbook and their motto is 'All Gas, No Brakes' this year

Was blown away with his conversation with Kiffin and Lebby. Sounds like Ole Miss is still hanging around.

Sounds like the bottom line is this recruitment still hasn't fully kicked into gear yet.

Also mentioned Arch liking the professionalism of the Alabama program.

Lebby is a Briles disciple, right? Aren’t there concerns about how well that system prepares QB’s for the pro game? 

• Hook 'Em 2

20 hours ago, mantis toboggan said:

I too live in a world where the Manning family wants their offspring to go to Texas so badly they will drop bags to near strangers to make it happen

Just pointing out why it's not a great argument. If they "really want Texas" and "view Sark as the best option to develop Arch into an NFL MVP," but they're going to choose somewhere else because that school will pay Arch's friends to join him, they could just arrange that themselves. Not saying it's a stupid argument, but I'm not buying that it's some huge deciding factor for them.

Enough big time players have said they plan to follow Arch. If he were to commit somewhere now, that provides a long time for him to gather tons of elite recruits in his class. Hell, it would likely have a solid impact on a few recruits in the '22 class

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm in the "I can't take this anymore" camp. If there is a way to help, I'm available. If I was a big cigar, things would look different bc i'd be able to help more quickly and efficiently. I'm not even a little cigarillo. I'm fairly young, but I have a strong UT network and I'm trying to connect the wires where I can hoping the light comes on. The further I get down the rabbit hole, the more encouraged I am about the future. I do get frustrated though, because I want things to go much much faster and it's just a brick by brick process to get ready for our conference move. 
Right now the formula is simple. Sark + Manning = New era of Texas football. For me almost nothing else matters because I think that duo will wash away a lot of past sins. 

That’s a lot of words to say “No” to the question posed lol
  • Haha 1

The Mannings could supply the bags if that’s the only thing keeping them from going with Sark.

“Come to Georgia - we’ll invest whatever it takes to put the pieces in place to make your time successful.”

vs.

“Come to Texas - your Family can invest hundreds of thousands of dollars over four years to get you good players because We’re Texas and we’re definitely going to invoice you for this phone call.”

No contest. Galaxy brain shit right here. Wish I’d thought of it.
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

Just pointing out why it's not a great argument. If they "really want Texas" and "view Sark as the best option to develop Arch into an NFL MVP," but they're going to choose somewhere else because that school will pay Arch's friends to join him, they could just arrange that themselves. Not saying it's a stupid argument, but I'm not buying that it's some huge deciding factor for them.

Enough big time players have said they plan to follow Arch. If he were to commit somewhere now, that provides a long time for him to gather tons of elite recruits in his class. Hell, it would likely have a solid impact on a few recruits in the '22 class

Do you not realize how stupid this sounds or do you fundamentally not understand how the bag game works?

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, gmr548 said:

“Come to Georgia - we’ll invest whatever it takes to put the pieces in place to make your time successful.”

vs.

“Come to Texas - your Family can invest hundreds of thousands of dollars over four years to get you good players because We’re Texasemoji3481.png and we’re definitely going to invoice you for this phone call.”

No contest. Galaxy brain shit right here. Wish I’d thought of it.

actually, when you put it that way it sounds exactly like something we would do…

• Hook 'Em 1

Regarding Jalen Hale, the IT staff say that OU taking a third elite WR in 2023 may push Hale to aggy. Apparently they're second behind OU and out in front of everyone else. The Haynes King connection helps but apparently there was a period of a few weeks where Hale didn't hear from the Texas staff at all while OU/aggy were prioritizing him. He's also getting negatively recruited pretty hard.

https://247sports.com/player/jalen-hale-46097269/

4 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

Regarding Jalen Hale, the IT staff say that OU taking a third elite WR in 2023 may push Hale to aggy. Apparently they're second behind OU and out in front of everyone else. The Haynes King connection helps but apparently there was a period of a few weeks where Hale didn't hear from the Texas staff at all while OU/aggy were prioritizing him. He's also getting negatively recruited pretty hard.

Kid must really want to block/sit for 2-3 years/transfer out Dylan Wright style.

6 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

Andre Coleman ladies and gents

Edited by Tex-19
  • Rage+1 1

I'd be pretty surprised if he chose UGA just because of the offensive coaching situation. Monken only has 4 years of total QB coach experience (interestingly, more of a WR coach background). More importantly, Monken probably won't even be there in 2 years, and obviously Kirby has a questionable track record on Offensive coaches. He did a great job turning around Southern Miss as HC before jumping to be an NFL OC, so he will def be getting HC interviews in the near future.

So if the Mannings are actually hyper-focused on the coach that will be developing Arch, UGA seems like a very risky choice compared to Sark

3 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

I'd be pretty surprised if he chose UGA just because of the offensive coaching situation. Monken only has 4 years of total QB coach experience (interestingly, more of a WR coach background). More importantly, Monken probably won't even be there in 2 years, and obviously Kirby has a questionable track record on Offensive coaches. He did a great job turning around Southern Miss as HC before jumping to be an NFL OC, so he will def be getting HC interviews in the near future.

So if the Mannings are actually hyper-focused on the coach that will be developing Arch, UGA seems like a very risky choice compared to Sark

You have to think that having an offensive HC who will be there Arch’s entire career to coach/develop him should be a big point in our favor over UGA, Bama, LSU, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 5