Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

11 hours ago, closetohumping said:

No

There’s a decent sell to both. As a ‘21 croot, Ewers immediately competes for the starting position and helps sway additional talent. If he does well, maybe plays 2-3 years and bolts, then arch takes over. Reads like Texas fan fic but the timing could work. Making the team better before he takes over should be a + sell to arch. 

43 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

There’s a decent sell to both. As a ‘21 croot, Ewers immediately competes for the starting position and helps sway additional talent. If he does well, maybe plays 2-3 years and bolts, then arch takes over. Reads like Texas fan fic but the timing could work. Making the team better before he takes over should be a + sell to arch. 

I think it’s very possible

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

I think it’s very possible

Idk how Arch feels about sitting a year, but Ewers really wouldn't be a bad thing for him. 1. It would help attract more talent that Arch would benefit from. 2. A redshirt year is honestly probably a good thing for most QBs, especially with the jump in competition Arch will have from his little private school.

But yeah, fan fiction and all

• Hook 'Em 1

Based on what I keep hearing, I think people are scared to be too positive about Arch because all the information out there is positive for us. If football wasn’t a factor, I think he would come to Texas in a heartbeat. 

I’m not sure how anyone today could pick another school over us. Stuff still has to play out, but he loves Texas and Austin. Has lots of friends here too. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Based on what I keep hearing, I think people are scared to be too positive about Arch because all the information out there is positive for us. If football wasn’t a factor, I think he would come to Texas in a heartbeat. 

I’m not sure how anyone today could pick another school over us. Stuff still has to play out, but he loves Texas and Austin. Has lots of friends here too. 

I could probably think of about 5 reasons why by 11 PM tomorrow night. 

• Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, Barbacoa said:

If he comes here and gets us to the playoffs and we win a National Championship,  he will love Austin and Texas a lot more plus have a lots more friends. 

This change if ewers transfers here?

26 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

This change if ewers transfers here?

Does he get to play immediately? If it were on NCAA 14 QB management would be RS Malik next year, RS Manning following year. Ewers starts next 2 years and bolts. Malik following year and the Manning after that.

I mean seriously don’t these kids even NCAA 14?  Oh wait probably weren’t big enough to hold an Xbox controller.

And dammit when is the NCAA football coming out?

Edited by Dr.Dre

12 hours ago, Dr.Dre said:

Does he get to play immediately? If it were on NCAA 14 QB management would be RS Malik next year, RS Manning following year. Ewers starts next 2 years and bolts. Malik following year and the Manning after that.

I mean seriously don’t these kids even NCAA 14?  Oh wait probably weren’t big enough to hold an Xbox controller.

And dammit when is the NCAA football coming out?

If both Malik and Arch are on campus, Malik only plays if Arch is hurt

Edited by Mo Horn

Malik seems to be playing this pretty smart.

I think he realizes he has some learning to do and is content to come here and learn for a couple of years. He doesn't seem like a trouble maker and as far as I know doesn't have a problem Uncle.  

Then if the roster isn't in his favor he can portal out.  

On 11/5/2021 at 11:51 AM, Barbacoa said:

Sounds like a non factor honestly. I’m very bullish. 

It'd be nice if UGA's offense would start sucking like they always have before. Bennett has some nice stats this year. Hopefully Arch realizes Monken ain't sticking around long.

Dalton and Doug Brooks nugget

Multiple sources informed me that 2023 ATH Dalton Brooks and 2022 DL Doug Brooks from Shiner are expected to be in College Station today. As I reported last week, Texas A&M DC Mike Elko laid the groundwork on a trip to Shiner for a potential offer to 2022 DL Doug Brooks.

If that offer does come, the sources I spoke to believe that both Doug and Dalton would commit to the Aggies on the trip or shortly after. While it is not a guarantee that A&M will offer the 6-foot-1, 265-pounder, the sources I spoke to did believe it was likely.

3 hours ago, victory88 said:

Yeah, but did you hear that there are players in a group text that are talking about coming to Texas?! 🙄

Say more. 

I would trade a text thread with 8 people in it over 3 commitments any day.  4 in the bush is worth more than 1 in the hand if I remember what Tim Brewster said.

15 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Losses are one thing, but do we really still think we have a chance at Arch after this performance? The offense has 7 points through 3 quarters.

Direction of the program is the most important thing. Unfortunately that is pretty much shit right now,.

Arch isn’t coming to a team fighting for bowl eligibility.  This team and coaching staff have dug themselves a hole.  At this point they need to hold on to any decent players in our current class and they need to hit the reset button and quickly find some 3 star that can play.  The elite talent they are chasing is not going to come to a program struggling for bowl eligibility.  If they plan on waiting till the end to find back up plan, we will be left with our dicks in our hand on NSD.  I’ve seen this play out, we get turned down by who we want and then we get turned down by all of our plan Bs, plan Cs, plan D’s … and then we end up with guys like Max Merril…

30 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Arch isn’t coming to a team fighting for bowl eligibility.  This team and coaching staff have dug themselves a hole.  At this point they need to hold on to any decent players in our current class and they need to hit the reset button and quickly find some 3 star that can play.  The elite talent they are chasing is not going to come to a program struggling for bowl eligibility.  If they plan on waiting till the end to find back up plan, we will be left with our dicks in our hand on NSD.  I’ve seen this play out, we get turned down by who we want and then we get turned down by all of our plan Bs, plan Cs, plan D’s … and then we end up with guys like Max Merril…

wasn't he a 3 star?

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

Johntay Cook was at A&M this weekend and tweeted that "A&M is lit" at 2:30am ... what the hell are they showing these kids in College Station to get reactions like that? Nothing about that town is lit.

He couldn’t have posted it from his bed?

Edit: nvm I misread your question 

Edited by Nope

7 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

I could take you to Altus, OK and show you a great time if I have the $$$ to make it happen. When I was 18, if I was at a party with plenty of booze and slutty girls it was plenty "lit". 

Fair. But are we doing shit like that too?

I can just picture all these kids thinking that's what life in CS will be like, when really it's just a show for recruiting and real-life there is...College Station. Meanwhile Austin is truly full of "lit" but we're probably serving them fruit punch in the player lounge all night on visits.

2 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Fair. But are we doing shit like that too?

I can just picture all these kids thinking that's what life in CS will be like, when really it's just a show for recruiting and real-life there is...College Station. Meanwhile Austin is truly full of "lit" but we're probably serving them fruit punch in the player lounge all night on visits.

We do visits well. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/6/2021 at 8:33 PM, Tex-19 said:

Losses are one thing, but do we really still think we have a chance at Arch after this performance? The offense has 7 points through 3 quarters.

Arch is coming. He knows he's special, so what he's into is the best college experience.  And from all accounts, he just feels at home here.  Anyone who went on college road trips to find a college, whether it be undergrad or grad school, knows that feeling of this is the fit for me. And, that's what everyone is saying about Arch's feeling in Austin and at Texas. That feeling of a connection is real, W/L doesn't matter.  He respects Sark and for good reason and he feels at home here.

Edited by alphahorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

Arch is coming. He knows he's special, so what he's into is the best college experience.  And from all accounts, he just feels at home here.  Anyone who went on college road trips to find a college, whether it be undergrad or grad school, knows that feeling of this is the fit for me. And, that's what everyone is saying about Arch's feeling in Austin and at Texas. That feeling of a connection is real, W/L doesn't matter.  He respects Sark and for good reason and he feels at home here.

I think all of what you said if valid.  Our fear is that our mounting losses and team getting exposed is going to give him pause and make him rethink if the Austin college experience is worth stepping into this mess.  It’s one thing to join a 8-9-10 win team and help the get over the hump… it’s another thing to join a team that is staring at not making a bowl game …

10 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Johntay Cook was at A&M this weekend and tweeted that "A&M is lit" at 2:30am ... what the hell are they showing these kids in College Station to get reactions like that? Nothing about that town is lit.

There’s a lot of football energy in that town right now. Real football players care about football energy.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, victory88 said:

Arch knows that he is potentially a difference maker. If he saw any part of the game, he saw our wrs running all over the field and the QBs couldn't get them the ball. He knows that he can. He also knows that great high schoolkids will come with him. The hope is that he will decide on us and announce sooner tan later to get high school kids to join him.

As far as aggy, you give them credit for now but every game with the exception of playing a bad Mizzou team was played at home or a neutral site. Lets see how they do when they are on the road in a tougher environment than Kyle.