Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

I'm admittedly bad at analogies, but the question was meant to imply if you are a blue chip recruit, why would you buy stock in Sark when you can buy something much safer elsewhere with plenty of upside? Its just going to be tough sledding. I think people should be careful not to forget how fortunate we got with the coaching changes at the end of the last cycle. I think Arch wants to play in his offense and I think the Mannings trust him as a QB developer, but do they trust he will even be around the whole time? I certainly dont. 

Not disagreeing with anything you said, that was literally the only reason I could give to buy stock.

41 minutes ago, Atticus said:

The defense actually played well in stretches last year. Greater buy-in and improved awareness will go a long way there. We will also have better edge play because it really can't get much worse. Personnel should improve with Brock injured and BJ Foster gone. If the offense is able to sustain more drives, the defense will play better. That's before considering the GP consultant impact. The big 12 is also down, so 9 wins should be easy unless QE isn't the guy or there are major injury issues.

Of course, if the defense somehow gets worse then things can get hairy in a hurry. But hope springs eternal.

Should be a good year for guys to get their sea legs and set the stage for the next. Too bad Bijan probably isn't staying for 2023.

Citing player buy in as a reason to see improvement is the literal definition of hope as a strategy. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Also, there's obviously a good chance we get beyond humiliated against Bama. Saban needs to show the cfb world that we dont even belong in the same conversation with them, let alone the SEC. We already got humiliated by Arkansas last year. The perception isnt likely to improve once the season starts. 

Im sure thats about the time the CDC/Patterson donor squad will be demanding PK is fired. More instability and more proof Sark doesnt have it under control. I just dont see things unfolding well recruiting wise. I really hope Im wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

I'm admittedly bad at analogies, but the question was meant to imply if you are a blue chip recruit, why would you buy stock in Sark when you can buy something much safer elsewhere with plenty of upside? Its just going to be tough sledding. I think people should be careful not to forget how fortunate we got with the coaching changes at the end of the last cycle. I think Arch wants to play in his offense and I think the Mannings trust him as a QB developer, but do they trust he will even be around the whole time? I certainly dont. 

Texas has different things that appeal to different kids. We actually haven't done well recruiting the talented kids who are all ball all the time for a while. The top guys have been going to Bama, UGA, tOSU, LSU and they will possibly continue to do so. This cycle we will likely see USC, OU, A&M again being very competitive for the talented kids in Texas. The same forces that helped us land a strong class in 2022 will likely work against us in 2023. 

Landing Arch would give us a shot in the arm and makes us a more popular spot until we finally have some recent on-field success to sell. But we still have Brandon Harris, so hopefully they have a plan for him or this class has a high likelihood of being ranked poorly. 

On the positive side, we shouldn't have to reach for prospects with the portal as an option. So even if we don't recruit the HS guys too well, the portal provides ample opportunities to fill holes.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Barbacoa said:

Also, there's obviously a good chance we get beyond humiliated against Bama. Saban needs to show the cfb world that we dont even belong in the same conversation with them, let alone the SEC. We already got humiliated by Arkansas last year. The perception isnt likely to improve once the season starts. 

Im sure thats about the time the CDC/Patterson donor squad will be demanding PK is fired. More instability and more proof Sark doesnt have it under control. I just dont see things unfolding well recruiting wise. I really hope Im wrong. 

Without a doubt we will be butt fucked up and down the field.  Human development alone puts Bama over us. They look like football players. Our guys look like seniors in highschool 

12 hours ago, Atticus said:

The defense actually played well in stretches last year. Greater buy-in and improved awareness will go a long way there. We will also have better edge play because it really can't get much worse. Personnel should improve with Brock injured and BJ Foster gone. If the offense is able to sustain more drives, the defense will play better. That's before considering the GP consultant impact. The big 12 is also down, so 9 wins should be easy unless QE isn't the guy or there are major injury issues.

Of course, if the defense somehow gets worse then things can get hairy in a hurry. But hope springs eternal.

Should be a good year for guys to get their sea legs and set the stage for the next. Too bad Bijan probably isn't staying for 2023.

I heard this from Rod B yesterday. 65% of explosive plays (runs over 12 yards and passes over 15 yards), happened when Texas went with 1 high safety. That completely threw me for a loop, because I dont remember Texas using 1 high looks very often. You can understand the passing plays, but damn that is a big number on run plays. 

I tried to go back in the thread a little bit and gather info on the top guys in state for people that are just tuning into 2023 recruiting (like myself). Didn't get super far, but here's what I could gather on the On3 top 10:

1. David Hicks (DL) - OU leads currently. No interest in Texas supposedly
  2. Anthony Hill (LB) - seen some negativity but can't find the original source. wasn't at Junior Day. aggy/Texas battle?
  3. Javien Toviano (CB) - seems like we definitely have a shot here. was at Junior Day
  4. Rueben Owens (RB) - you know the story here. committed to Texas, then decommitted. seems like a carbon copy of the Evan Stewart recruitment to me.
  5. Jaquaize Pettaway (WR) - Bama if they offer. Otherwise, who knows?
  6. Bravion Rogers (CB) - didn't come to Junior Day, but did some for an unofficial the weekend prior. Seems like we have a shot here
  7. Jalen Hale (WR) - skipped our Junior Day. not much positivity here
  8. Peyton Bowen (S) - committed to ND
  9. Johntay Cook (WR) - liked Texas at one point but all A&M right now. Fair to expect some of those again this cycle
  10. Dalton Brooks (S) - seemed like he was trying to get a spot somewhere for his (class of '22) brother, who is not a FBS-level player, but it didn't happen. saw a little chatter about aggy.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Regarding @Barbacoa's question, I think the only real reason to buy stock right now is Ewers. Aggy is going to buy and/or pressure lots of dudes to commit over the summer, but if we can acquit ourselves decently against Bama and beat an in-transition OU, there's still a chance we could turn the heads of a few guys that like Texas in their heart. That's a lot of "ifs".

I'd also expect we'll go OOS quite a bit, to places where the Texas brand might still carry a bit more cache. We can lean on connections that Choice and Marion have. It's also thought to be somewhat of a down year in Texas for talent.

It's still kind of mind-blowing to me that we hired a dude that spent 3 years total at Bama, and was even at one point rumored to be a possible heir apparent there, and he thinks that a demonstrably poor support staff/structure and several coaches that are dead weight at recruiting is going to get the job done.

• Hook 'Em 2

In this recruiting environment you don't have to overthink it. If we can continue to put together a legit NIL program that ends up meeting or exceeding anyone else, in time to matter this cycle, we will end up with a really good class regardless of bags being dropped in College Station and around the cfb landscape. If our NIL program stalls for whatever reason we are proper fucked. $ seems to be 95 percent of the equation these days.

• Hook 'Em 1

Some 2023 notes from IT

2023 RECRUITING

EDGE Jayden Wayne, Lincoln (Tacoma, WA) - 2023: The No. 29 overall prospect in the nation according to the On3 Consensus is keeping close tabs on the Longhorns.

At 6-foot-5, 240 pounds, the edge-backer from the Pacific Northwest tells IT he is looking to visit Austin in March or April. Wayne holds 40 offers including Texas, Alabama, USC, Oregon, Notre Dame, and LSU, and is planning visits to Southern Cal and North Carolina this spring.

UT defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski is his primary contact and the two have built a solid relationship. Wayne loves that Texas is headed to the SEC, likes PK's defensive scheme (PK sees him as a JACK), and recognizes the Longhorns as a national and global brand.

The two-sport athlete also plays basketball and has seen varsity action since his freshman season at Lincoln. Sources say Wayne really likes USC and Oregon, but UT might be the sleeper in this recruitment.

DB Rodrick Pleasant, Junipero Serra (Gardena, CA) - 2023: Steve Sarkisian and company covet speed and the Cali-raised defensive back offers just that.

At 5-foot-10, 177 pounds, On3's No. 116 overall prospect dropped his top 13 this week: Texas, Michigan, USC, Georgia, Ole Miss, Colorado, UCLA, Penn State, Boston College, Cal, Oregon, Utah, and Arizona. UT keeps close tabs on the corner with 10.32 100m and 20.59 200m times from last spring.

Sarkisian and his crew will hit the West Coast on a regular basis and are pushing for Pleasant to visit Austin this spring or summer. Pleasant is coming off an ankle injury at the end of the 2021 season. He still helped Junipero Serra to the state championship with Texas quarterback signee Maalik Murphy.

Oregon and Notre Dame are schools to watch in this pursuit.

IOL T.J. Shanahan, Westlake (Austin, TX) - 2023: Texas wants Shanahan badly in talking to a source at Westlake. There is a belief that he is more likely to land at Alabama or Georgia if one of the two pushes.

Joining Shanahan on the most wanted offensive line list for 2023 is Odessa Permian IOL Harris Sewell, Arlington Lamar OT Isaiah Robinson, Harker Heights OT/IOL Jaydon Chatman, Austin Vandegrift IOL/OT Ian Reed, Mansfield Timberview IOL Andre Cojoe and Frisco Wakeland OT/IOL Connor Stroh. Sewell and Chatman will be recruited through the whistle for sure. They are considered that level of prospect.

LB Jayven Anderson, North Shore (Houston, TX) - 2023: Not sure how many read what IT wrote on Anderson ten days ago, but the Texas staff was at North Shore that day to evaluate Anderson as a linebacker long term. Texas has since offered, and IT considers Texas the favorite. Anderson has a safety skill set and athleticism with the frame to carry 225-230-pounds down the line. We know what Gary Patterson would do with him.

S Jamaal Shaw, West Orange-Stark (Orange, TX) - 2023: Shaw falls in line with Anderson as a player the Texas defensive staff is taking a serious interest in that wasn’t initially on the radar. That is the value of the January in-person evaluations. Texas could join Baylor, Missouri, Texas Tech, Houston, UTSA and Marshall in offering later this spring.

10 minutes ago, texastough said:

In this recruiting environment you don't have to overthink it. If we can continue to put together a legit NIL program that ends up meeting or exceeding anyone else, in time to matter this cycle, we will end up with a really good class regardless of bags being dropped in College Station and around the cfb landscape. If our NIL program stalls for whatever reason we are proper fucked. $ seems to be 95 percent of the equation these days.

It won’t stall, but if it’s going to be legit there are a lot of hoops to jump thru. 

NIL is going to bring seen money onto the stage. That allows you to sue and as the illegal activity connected with bags now affects legal financial enterprise, you will see the IRS and FBI become a factor. 

the bottom line is you’re going to have the choice to big ball legally and that is actually incredibly attractive to players who want to become and stay wealthy

Edited by Doc Reeves

28 minutes ago, texastough said:

If we are able to replicate a Pancake Factory model for the D-Line, it would be massive.  

I know, easier said than put into place. However, it should be the next logical play in our NIL strategy.

It would basically ensure that Texas has a very high floor every single year on both sides of the line.

Edited by The Deuce
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, The Deuce said:

If we are able to replicate a Pancake Factory model for the D-Line, it would be massive.  

I know, easier said than put into place. However, it should be the next logical play in our NIL strategy.

It would basically ensure that Texas has a very high floor every single year on both sides of the ball. 

I agree, although props to Bo for doing quite nicely without it 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

(Eric Nahlin) Humidor: A fairly loaded one at that

By: Justin, Gerry, and Eric

TEAM

— Wyoming transfer Isaiah Neyor turns heads when he walks around the facilities. According to one person on campus when he saw Neyor for the first time … “Who the ____ is that guy?” People wonder how a specimen like him ended up at Wyoming.

Neyor isn’t just impressing with his physical stature, but also his ability to run and sink his hips. This tweet from last night was timely. It’s not the greatest example of who he is, but you like to see a longer receiver with the ability to drop his hits, re-direct, and explode.

Bottom line here, there’s optimism Texas has another NFL talent to pair with Xavier Worthy at receiver. He’s viewed as a massive get.

— The offensive skill players are holding unofficial throwing sessions a couple times a week. These aren’t 7 on 7, just throwing, running, and catching. Hudson Card and Quinn Ewers run the sessions but Roschon Johnson and Bijan Robinson are vocal too. Ewers is still quiet but the passing talent is obvious and his ability has already earned him a lot of respect.

— Troy Omeire and Jaden Alexis still aren’t healthy but they are participating in some activities. Those two having similar rehabilitation schedules has helped Omeire. Alexis has been dogged in his rehab work and it’s rubbed off on Omeire. Alexis has the benefit of this being his first rehab, but he’s also a highly focused kid. We wouldn’t say there are any expectations for Troy, but there is definitely still a lot of hope for him being able to return and resembling the player who showed up on campus in 2020. We should find out much more about Omeire (and Alexis) this spring.

— Justice Finkley acts like he’s been in college for years. The maturity he was known for has definitely translated to college. They think he’s going to be very good (Pete Kwiatkowski’s ability to evaluate seems to have carried over from Washington).

— Jaylon Guilbeau continues to work his tail off. He doesn’t talk much, just works. BJ Allen is also earning a good early reputation.

— After players signed they were given workout instructions as well as access to a workout app from S&C coach Torre Becton. It contained lifting, running, and nutritional information. The early enrollees had a solid month to prepare and the coaches could tell who took it seriously.

— Though Devon Campbell being a Longhorn was known to the staff for quite a while, they’re still very excited about him. He’s viewed as likely to start at some point next year. In fact, don’t be surprised if two freshman are able to work their way into the starting O-line-up over time.

What position will the 2022 OL signees play at Texas

For those looking for the spots in which the seven offensive line signees will for sure play at Texas, only two are locked into spots to begin their careers. Kelvin Banks will play left tackle, and Conner Robertson will play center. Cole Hutson is for sure an inside player. He will get looks at guard and center. Devon Campbell wants a shot at right tackle, but is expected to settle at guard. Which guard is to be determined.

Cameron Williams and Neto Umeozulu are wildcards. They will get looks at right tackle and guard. One will likely stick at right tackle, but who that is will only be determined when the pads come on in August. Malik Agbo will get a tackle look, but is expected to end up at guard.

2023 RECRUITING

EDGE Jayden Wayne, Lincoln (Tacoma, WA) - 2023: The No. 29 overall prospect in the nation according to the On3 Consensus is keeping close tabs on the Longhorns. At 6-foot-5, 240 pounds, the edge-backer from the Pacific Northwest tells IT he is looking to visit Austin in March or April. Wayne holds 40 offers including Texas, Alabama, USC, Oregon, Notre Dame, and LSU, and is planning visits to Southern Cal and North Carolina this spring.

UT defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski is his primary contact and the two have built a solid relationship. Wayne loves that Texas is headed to the SEC, likes PK's defensive scheme (PK sees him as a JACK), and recognizes the Longhorns as a national and global brand. The two-sport athlete also plays basketball and has seen varsity action since his freshman season at Lincoln. Sources say Wayne really likes USC and Oregon, but UT might be the sleeper in this recruitment.

DB Rodrick Pleasant, Junipero Serra (Gardena, CA) - 2023: Steve Sarkisian and company covet speed and the Cali-raised defensive back offers just that. At 5-foot-10, 177 pounds, On3's No. 116 overall prospect dropped his top 13 this week: Texas, Michigan, USC, Georgia, Ole Miss, Colorado, UCLA, Penn State, Boston College, Cal, Oregon, Utah, and Arizona. UT keeps close tabs on the corner with 10.32 100m and 20.59 200m times from last spring.

Sarkisian and his crew will hit the West Coast on a regular basis and are pushing for Pleasant to visit Austin this spring or summer. Pleasant is coming off an ankle injury at the end of the 2021 season. He still helped Junipero Serra to the state championship with Texas quarterback signee Maalik Murphy. Oregon and Notre Dame are schools to watch in this pursuit.

IOL T.J. Shanahan, Westlake (Austin, TX) - 2023: Texas wants Shanahan badly in talking to a source at Westlake. There is a belief that he is more likely to land at Alabama or Georgia if one of the two pushes. Joining Shanahan on the most wanted offensive line list for 2023 is Odessa Permian IOL Harris Sewell, Arlington Lamar OT Isaiah Robinson, Harker Heights OT/IOL Jaydon Chatman, Austin Vandegrift IOL/OT Ian Reed, Mansfield Timberview IOL Andre Cojoe and Frisco Wakeland OT/IOL Connor Stroh. Sewell and Chatman will be recruited through the whistle for sure. They are considered that level of prospect.

LB Jayven Anderson, North Shore (Houston, TX) - 2023: Not sure how many read what IT wrote on Anderson ten days ago, but the Texas staff was at North Shore that day to evaluate Anderson as a linebacker long term. Texas has since offered, and IT considers Texas the favorite. Anderson has a safety skill set and athleticism with the frame to carry 225-230-pounds down the line. We know what Gary Patterson would do with him.

S Jamaal Shaw, West Orange-Stark (Orange, TX) - 2023: Shaw falls in line with Anderson as a player the Texas defensive staff is taking a serious interest in that wasn’t initially on the radar. That is the value of the January in-person evaluations. Texas could join Baylor, Missouri, Texas Tech, Houston, UTSA and Marshall in offering later this spring.

2024s to Watch

EDGE Colin Simmons, Duncanville (Duncanville, TX): Texas continues to assert themselves in the conversation for the No. 40 overall 2024 prospect in the On3 Consensus. Simmons recently visited Austin and really enjoyed how the defensive staff showed him how he'd fit in the scheme. At 6-foot-3, 215 pounds, the former hooper on the hardwood told IT he recently gave up basketball to focus on football and track.

After nabbing On3 four-star offensive tackle Cameron Williams in the class of 2022, Texas has some built-in momentum at a school not known for Longhorn love. Simmons holds 19 offers including UT, Texas A&M, Michigan State, Arkansas, and Georgia Tech after notching 68 tackles, 12 sacks, and three forced fumbles for the 6A-DII state runner-ups.

DB Aeryn Hampton, Daingerfield (Daingerfield, TX): One junior target from East Texas says he's getting close to a decision. The 5-foot-10, 175-pound athlete recently saw Austin for junior day and left with a burnt orange smile. "I love Texas," said Hampton. "It feels like home. The facilities and how they make you feel at home really stands out.” He tallied 1,029 yards and 18 touchdowns on 44 catches in 2021, and added 74 tackles and nine interceptions on the defensive side on his way 3A first-team all-state honors.

Hampton was a Baylor commit for almost three weeks last winter, and is a wild card of sorts. So with his recruitment, prepare accordingly.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Deuce said:

It would basically ensure that Texas has a very high floor every single year on both sides of the line.

UT needs to offer baseline NIL to every football player, with big bumps for starts/snaps. It keeps the incentive in place, and the optics are good because the value of a player's NIL is a lot higher for actual players than benchwarmers. My hope/wishcast is that boosters realize where all this is obviously headed, recognize we got caught with our pants down last year, realize the SEC move is coming in the blink of an eye on a recruiting time scale, and put the premier NIL program in place in the country. With the richest fanbase it should be a no brainer.  

2 hours ago, Codaxx said:

I heard this from Rod B yesterday. 65% of explosive plays (runs over 12 yards and passes over 15 yards), happened when Texas went with 1 high safety. That completely threw me for a loop, because I dont remember Texas using 1 high looks very often. You can understand the passing plays, but damn that is a big number on run plays. 

Interesting. Maybe I’m not understanding the X’s and O’s properly, but that seems to indicate why we spent so much time in two high safety looks even when it wasn’t working well or seemed wrong for the down & distance or field position - PK knew that going to single high was even worse?

7 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Interesting. Maybe I’m not understanding the X’s and O’s properly, but that seems to indicate why we spent so much time in two high safety looks even when it wasn’t working well or seemed wrong for the down & distance or field position - PK knew that going to single high was even worse?

I dont have the numbers, but I would guess single high was run less than 1/3 of the time. That means it was kind of a disaster when Texas ran it. Though he didnt give the average yards vs both defenses. There is a possibility that single high yielded more big plays, but the average gain was lower (say it was all or nothing type thing, which I doubt). That said just basing on Rod's numbers, it was probably a wise decision to predominantly go 2 high. Hopefully, this is something that Gary can be useful in fixing.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

That would be a great idea if it weren't illegal.

The guys who are busting their ass to get these NIL programs in place are targeting exactly what you're talking about in terms of roster baseline NIL. Anything after that would likely be player specific deals which would obviously be based on their production (meaning companies would approach them if they're stars). But including in a deal that you get $X for every snap or start is against the rules.

Thanks for handling that for me, sir. 

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, texastough said:

UT needs to offer baseline NIL to every football player, with big bumps for starts/snaps. It keeps the incentive in place, and the optics are good because the value of a player's NIL is a lot higher for actual players than benchwarmers. My hope/wishcast is that boosters realize where all this is obviously headed, recognize we got caught with our pants down last year, realize the SEC move is coming in the blink of an eye on a recruiting time scale, and put the premier NIL program in place in the country. With the richest fanbase it should be a no brainer.  

I can see that getting very political for coaches very quickly. When player Y sees that player X is making a whole lot more money than he is because of a simple coaching decision, people who are unhappy with that decision (parents, etc ...) are going to make their voices heard on social media.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I can see that getting very political for coaches very quickly. When player Y sees that player X is making a whole lot more money than he is because of a simple coaching decision, people who are unhappy with that decision (parents, etc ...) are going to make their voices heard on social media.

Dont worry. Everything he described is fucking illegal and will never be implemented anywhere. Not in the way he envisions or describes it. 

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

(Eric Nahlin) Humidor: A fairly loaded one at that

Neyor is gonna be this offseason's Kool-aid flavor of choice, you can already tell. Really hope he has the speed/agility to be a difference maker bc he clearly has size and ball skills.

When strong was hired- we just had hope, we knew Mack fucked the roster up so we felt bad for strong plus he was nice. We all know he was a terrible coach. Recruiting was fun, although he only had top 10 classes.

Herman- long live hope. At least we had winning seasons. players hated him, we did too because he was an asshole. He had to go.

Sark- one year in and we already know he isn’t going to work. I hope he proves us wrong and I’ll watch till the bitter end.

I don’t know which situation is worse.

I feel like we all agree we are going to get embarrassed when Alabama comes into town. So yeah, why the hell would anyone want to come here? You have atm paying a ridiculous amount. We make fun of 8-4, but I’d take that over whatever the hell has been going on the past 10 years here minus the 10 win season. They’re riding on having the number 1 class, beating bama (lol) and we literally have nothing. I agree, we can hope Ewers and the young OL and please god, a competent defense can put a quality product on the field but the 2023 guys aren’t waiting that long. And if the BMD’s aren’t gonna pony up and get dirty then that’s on them. Probably the only thing that can hold this together.

I take responsibility that I’m not a BMD. I’m just a poor SOB, so my fault too.

But fuck ‘em! I’ll hope till the very end damnit.

(What Urban did at Jacksonville isn’t that bad, right)

giphy.gif

33 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

When strong was hired- we just had hope, we knew Mack fucked the roster up so we felt bad for strong plus he was nice. We all know he was a terrible coach. Recruiting was fun, although he only had top 10 classes.

Herman- long live hope. At least we had winning seasons. players hated him, we did too because he was an asshole. He had to go.

Sark- one year in and we already know he isn’t going to work. I hope he proves us wrong and I’ll watch till the bitter end.

I don’t know which situation is worse.

I feel like we all agree we are going to get embarrassed when Alabama comes into town. So yeah, why the hell would anyone want to come here? You have atm paying a ridiculous amount. We make fun of 8-4, but I’d take that over whatever the hell has been going on the past 10 years here minus the 10 win season. They’re riding on having the number 1 class, beating bama (lol) and we literally have nothing. I agree, we can hope Ewers and the young OL and please god, a competent defense can put a quality product on the field but the 2023 guys aren’t waiting that long. And if the BMD’s aren’t gonna pony up and get dirty then that’s on them. Probably the only thing that can hold this together.

I take responsibility that I’m not a BMD. I’m just a poor SOB, so my fault too.

But fuck ‘em! I’ll hope till the very end damnit.

(What Urban did at Jacksonville isn’t that bad, right)

giphy.gif

Damn son. Prepare thy anus. 

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm very confident that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about on this topic. 

I should have elaborated. I am very confident that we can find a way to establish the NIL baseline for the roster, with comp stepping up for contributors and for the stars. As y'all pointed out, not explicitly tied to performance, # of snaps etc. But since NIL value is highest for stars, it will not be hard to accomplish a system that rewards the players on the field over backups or youngsters. Huck mentioned player-specific deals on top of the roster NIL baseline, which works fine and no doubt there are other ways to skin the cat i.e. create proper incentives while staying compliant.

2 minutes ago, texastough said:

I should have elaborated. I am very confident that we can find a way to establish the NIL baseline for the roster, with comp stepping up for contributors and for the stars. As y'all pointed out, not explicitly tied to performance, # of snaps etc. But since NIL value is highest for stars, it will not be hard to accomplish a system that rewards the players on the field over backups or youngsters. Huck mentioned player-specific deals on top of the roster NIL baseline, which works fine and no doubt there are other ways to skin the cat i.e. create proper incentives while staying compliant.

Still no

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1