Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

10 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

Eric Nahlin's class prediction

Hide contents

Summer should heat up in more ways than one, but much of June/July recruiting momentum could be dependent on whether or not Arch Manning picks Texas. If Manning doesn’t decide by the end of June, they’ll likely try and work in reverse to aggressively close more offensive prospects, including linemen, in an effort to get Manning across the finish line.

If Manning selects Georgia, or less likely Alabama, then I’ll scrap this list and reassess. The class could still finish strong, even very strong, but that would require a quality season and a whirlwind finish even more frenetic than last cycle.

(asterisk denotes already committed, not Aggie “success”)

QB Arch Manning — We’ll be watching to see if he feels the need to take June official visits. He could be in Austin June 24-26, with a trip to Athens the weekend before also possible. Clearly I’m still picking Texas to win out and that influences some of these other unofficial predictions.

RB Rueben Owens — Seems to be a three team race between UT, A&M, and Georgia. He’ll take an official visit to Georgia June 18-20 and will likely use his for Texas for the Alabama game. I wouldn’t rule him out visiting Austin in June, however.

RB Tre Wisner* — My No. 3 back in the state but still one of the best in the country. Finds the crease and gets vertical in the run game. Tashard Choice sent a message he’s not playing around.

WR Ryan Niblett* — Speed and scheme fit are the descriptors here. Brennan Marion did the same thing Choice did.

WR Johntay Cook — Texas would still have a chance even if it missed on Arch, but let’s not find out. Probably the top receiver in the state based on junior tape.

WR Jaquaize Pettaway — Pettaway can be difficult to get a read on, and with Niblett in the class, plus remaining in good position for Cook, one wonders if they stay aggressive on Jaden Greathouse because he offers a different dimension. It’s tough to leave Greathouse off this list, but looking at scheme fits, both Pettaway’s at Texas and Greathouse’s at Notre Dame, I’ll make the tough call.

WR Jonah Wilson — By no means am I ruling out Jalen Hale, the staff is just in a better spot with Wilson and he’s become a bigger target since Marion’s arrival.

TE Will Randle — I think it’s likely he’ll decide before his teammate Arch, and perhaps this month.

TE Spencer Shannon — Shannon will take his official visit June 10-12 and at last check Lafayette Kaiuway had not set up his official visit to Texas, while he has one planned to North Carolina, where he’s originally from and still has family.

OL Harris Sewell — Land Arch and I really like UT’s chances. In addition to Texas, Sewell also likes A&M and the usual national suspects.

OL Jaydon Chatman — The early offer really helps but also the school sets up well for the family.

OL Andre Cojoe — We’ve had him on commitment watch at various times and likely will again in June.

OL Connor Stroh — It’s a difficult call between Stroh and Ian Reed. Although he’s an A&M legacy and the Aggies just offered, I went with Stroh because of how hard Flood has worked this recruitment while A&M was much slower to offer. Meanwhile, Reed may prefer to take more time to decide and he seems more open to going out of state.

OL/DL Markis Deal — I can also see Zalance Heard in the class, and he might be more of a lean than Deal at this time, but things often get weird in Louisiana late in the cycle.

DL Dylan Spencer* — Long kid with more upside than his rating suggests.

DL Avion Carter — I know he liked UT early on and the staff is a fan of his junior tape, but this is more of a placeholder as things aren’t running very hot at the moment. I expect the coaches to shoot for the stars at DL/DE/Edge and the numbers could be somewhat interchangeable.

DT Terrance Green — An IT favorite, Green’s best position is OT but he can more than get by at IDL thanks to length and bend. He’s a guy coaches should want in the class regardless.

DT Samu Taumanupepe — They need a big nose tackle in the class and I’m not liking their chances for Sydir Mitchell. Samu’s listed because I needed a name for the fit. Expect the staff to cast a wider net.

Edge Braylan Shelby — We’re watching USC closely. Ultra-high upside and great body type.

LB/Edge Derion Gullette — More of an Edge than linebacker to these eyes but being recruited for both. Stiff competition with Bama and A&M also in pursuit.

LB S’Maje Burrell* — Stud prospect, stud person, stud recruiter.

LB Anthony Hill — Texas needs to play well on the field this year while landing talented players in the process. Do that, and they could pull this recruitment off. This sets up to be a ‘get your popcorn’ finish.

S/LB Jayven Anderson — He makes sense in the class as someone with both safety and linebacker ability (think Morice Blackwell). When putting a class together it’s important to account for versatility. Katy’s Johnathan Hall could also fit, though he’s much more towards the linebacker end of the spectrum when it comes to projection.

S Jamel Johnson* — He’ll get a shot at corner but will likely end up at Star. He’s a better football player than athlete. Though he does move well, he might not possess corner speed.

S Makari Vickers — Blake Gideon and Terry Joseph will have Texas credibly in the hunt for elite safety Derek Williams but that will be a tough one to win and won’t play out until late. At this time, Vickers sets up pretty well for UT. Oklahoma and Florida State are also in it.

CB Jordan Matthews — Texas is the smart pick for the….speedster? He already possessed good tape, but he’s faster than I thought. Word is he’s getting bigger, too, so maybe safety comes into play down the road.

CB Malik Muhammad — The staff has work left to do in this one but the school and program are viewed as a good fit. I view this recruitment as having slack in it that can be picked up rather quickly and I believe UT is making up ground. Will it be enough in the end?

CB Calvin Simpson-Hunt — I think it’s more likely than not Texas will end up taking three cornerbacks rather than two, but outside of Matthews it’s hard to have too much confidence in any individual recruits and I suspect more options will emerge. Simpson-Hunt takes academics seriously, which compounds Texas Tech’s issues with holding on to him. Remember Paulson Adebo? This recruitment could play out like that, but this time Texas might have jumped in early enough. Of course they’ll stay on Javien Toviano until the end, and will likely check Bravion Rogers’ pulse now and again. Also a reminder, four-star Jasiah Wagoner from Washington will be on campus today.

That’s a top 3 class

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Very optimistic, imo.

Hahahahaaha. WTF?! I'd say so.

1 hour ago, Big Woodrows said:

Eric Nahlin's class prediction

Hide contents

Summer should heat up in more ways than one, but much of June/July recruiting momentum could be dependent on whether or not Arch Manning picks Texas. If Manning doesn’t decide by the end of June, they’ll likely try and work in reverse to aggressively close more offensive prospects, including linemen, in an effort to get Manning across the finish line.

If Manning selects Georgia, or less likely Alabama, then I’ll scrap this list and reassess. The class could still finish strong, even very strong, but that would require a quality season and a whirlwind finish even more frenetic than last cycle.

(asterisk denotes already committed, not Aggie “success”)

QB Arch Manning — We’ll be watching to see if he feels the need to take June official visits. He could be in Austin June 24-26, with a trip to Athens the weekend before also possible. Clearly I’m still picking Texas to win out and that influences some of these other unofficial predictions.

RB Rueben Owens — Seems to be a three team race between UT, A&M, and Georgia. He’ll take an official visit to Georgia June 18-20 and will likely use his for Texas for the Alabama game. I wouldn’t rule him out visiting Austin in June, however.

RB Tre Wisner* — My No. 3 back in the state but still one of the best in the country. Finds the crease and gets vertical in the run game. Tashard Choice sent a message he’s not playing around.

WR Ryan Niblett* — Speed and scheme fit are the descriptors here. Brennan Marion did the same thing Choice did.

WR Johntay Cook — Texas would still have a chance even if it missed on Arch, but let’s not find out. Probably the top receiver in the state based on junior tape.

WR Jaquaize Pettaway — Pettaway can be difficult to get a read on, and with Niblett in the class, plus remaining in good position for Cook, one wonders if they stay aggressive on Jaden Greathouse because he offers a different dimension. It’s tough to leave Greathouse off this list, but looking at scheme fits, both Pettaway’s at Texas and Greathouse’s at Notre Dame, I’ll make the tough call.

WR Jonah Wilson — By no means am I ruling out Jalen Hale, the staff is just in a better spot with Wilson and he’s become a bigger target since Marion’s arrival.

TE Will Randle — I think it’s likely he’ll decide before his teammate Arch, and perhaps this month.

TE Spencer Shannon — Shannon will take his official visit June 10-12 and at last check Lafayette Kaiuway had not set up his official visit to Texas, while he has one planned to North Carolina, where he’s originally from and still has family.

OL Harris Sewell — Land Arch and I really like UT’s chances. In addition to Texas, Sewell also likes A&M and the usual national suspects.

OL Jaydon Chatman — The early offer really helps but also the school sets up well for the family.

OL Andre Cojoe — We’ve had him on commitment watch at various times and likely will again in June.

OL Connor Stroh — It’s a difficult call between Stroh and Ian Reed. Although he’s an A&M legacy and the Aggies just offered, I went with Stroh because of how hard Flood has worked this recruitment while A&M was much slower to offer. Meanwhile, Reed may prefer to take more time to decide and he seems more open to going out of state.

OL/DL Markis Deal — I can also see Zalance Heard in the class, and he might be more of a lean than Deal at this time, but things often get weird in Louisiana late in the cycle.

DL Dylan Spencer* — Long kid with more upside than his rating suggests.

DL Avion Carter — I know he liked UT early on and the staff is a fan of his junior tape, but this is more of a placeholder as things aren’t running very hot at the moment. I expect the coaches to shoot for the stars at DL/DE/Edge and the numbers could be somewhat interchangeable.

DT Terrance Green — An IT favorite, Green’s best position is OT but he can more than get by at IDL thanks to length and bend. He’s a guy coaches should want in the class regardless.

DT Samu Taumanupepe — They need a big nose tackle in the class and I’m not liking their chances for Sydir Mitchell. Samu’s listed because I needed a name for the fit. Expect the staff to cast a wider net.

Edge Braylan Shelby — We’re watching USC closely. Ultra-high upside and great body type.

LB/Edge Derion Gullette — More of an Edge than linebacker to these eyes but being recruited for both. Stiff competition with Bama and A&M also in pursuit.

LB S’Maje Burrell* — Stud prospect, stud person, stud recruiter.

LB Anthony Hill — Texas needs to play well on the field this year while landing talented players in the process. Do that, and they could pull this recruitment off. This sets up to be a ‘get your popcorn’ finish.

S/LB Jayven Anderson — He makes sense in the class as someone with both safety and linebacker ability (think Morice Blackwell). When putting a class together it’s important to account for versatility. Katy’s Johnathan Hall could also fit, though he’s much more towards the linebacker end of the spectrum when it comes to projection.

S Jamel Johnson* — He’ll get a shot at corner but will likely end up at Star. He’s a better football player than athlete. Though he does move well, he might not possess corner speed.

S Makari Vickers — Blake Gideon and Terry Joseph will have Texas credibly in the hunt for elite safety Derek Williams but that will be a tough one to win and won’t play out until late. At this time, Vickers sets up pretty well for UT. Oklahoma and Florida State are also in it.

CB Jordan Matthews — Texas is the smart pick for the….speedster? He already possessed good tape, but he’s faster than I thought. Word is he’s getting bigger, too, so maybe safety comes into play down the road.

CB Malik Muhammad — The staff has work left to do in this one but the school and program are viewed as a good fit. I view this recruitment as having slack in it that can be picked up rather quickly and I believe UT is making up ground. Will it be enough in the end?

CB Calvin Simpson-Hunt — I think it’s more likely than not Texas will end up taking three cornerbacks rather than two, but outside of Matthews it’s hard to have too much confidence in any individual recruits and I suspect more options will emerge. Simpson-Hunt takes academics seriously, which compounds Texas Tech’s issues with holding on to him. Remember Paulson Adebo? This recruitment could play out like that, but this time Texas might have jumped in early enough. Of course they’ll stay on Javien Toviano until the end, and will likely check Bravion Rogers’ pulse now and again. Also a reminder, four-star Jasiah Wagoner from Washington will be on campus today.

The ol'28 player class, huh? Right.

I was talking with someone yesterday about UT's shifting approach recruiting recruit vs. transfer mix going forward. Shit happened this weekend that changed everything. A guy who has done something at the CFB level with 2-3 years left using his one-time transfer to come to Texas is way more valuable than the final 10-12 takes in a recruiting cycle. Other schools are seeing this stuff the same way. I won't be surprised if this is a bigger class because they get Manning, but I won't be surprised if it isn't, either. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I was talking with someone yesterday about UT's shifting approach recruiting recruit vs. transfer mix going forward. Shit happened this weekend that changed everything. A guy who has done something at the CFB level with 2-3 years left using his one-time transfer to come to Texas is way more valuable than the final 10-12 takes in a recruiting cycle. Other schools are seeing this stuff the same way. I won't be surprised if this is a bigger class because they get Manning, but I won't be surprised if it isn't, either. 

So you're saying I should worry about the numbers...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You talking about Addison or something else?

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I was thinking the right mix is somewhere in the  3/4 high school recruits and 1/4 transfers or somewhere close to there. Agree with your last part because IMO they're going to try and load up defensively for the first year in the SEC after loading up on offense this year. But that is probably wishful thinking.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

31 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It's also looking like there won't be class size limits in at least the next two classes, so the 85 will be the real governor going forward 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

A guy who has done something at the CFB level with 2-3 years left using his one-time transfer to come to Texas is way more valuable than the final 10-12 takes in a recruiting cycle. Other schools are seeing this stuff the same way. I won't be surprised if this is a bigger class because they get Manning, but I won't be surprised if it isn't, either. 

ABSOLUTELY the case. you see how dudes transition to college S&C and the program in general. easy decision.

in case people are iffy about this the 2021 bottom 10 recruits by composite score

• Spoiler
    • Isaac Pearson
    • Cole Lourd
    • Max Merril
    • Charles Wright
    • Casey Cain
    • Barryn Sorrel
    • Gunnar Helm
    • Juan Davis
    • Keithron Lee
    • David ABiara

2020 class:

• Spoiler
    • Jaylan Ford
    • SGW
    • Jaden Hullaby
    • Dajon Harrison
    • Andrej Karic
    • Jhadae Barron
    • Kelvontay Dixon
    • Logan Parr
    • Jaylen Gart
    • Troy Omeire

2019:

• Spoiler
    • Juwan Mitchell
    • Willie Tyler
    • Jared WIley
    • Marques Caldwell
    • Kennedy Lewis
    • Caleb Johnson
    • Peter Mpagi
    • T'vontre Sweat
    • Marcus TIllman
    • Jacoby Jones

• Hook 'Em 3

Four-star Desoto wide receiver Johntay Cook talks Texas

Mike Roach

Spoiler

Four-star Desoto wide receiver Johntay Cook talks Texas

Mike Roach

DESOTO, Texas — Johntay Cook is down to five schools.

The four-star wide receiver from Desoto has Texas among his finalists, and the Longhorns have been a mainstay in the race for him for a while. Brennan Marion stopped by Desoto this week and stayed all day. Cook has been vocal about schools showing him how much they want him, and Marion's strategy paid off. Since arriving in Austin in January, Marion has been able to build a strong bond with Cook.

"He was here all day," Cook said. "That's love. What's understood don't have to be explained. That's love, man. Me and coach Marion definitely have a great relationship. It's a good relationship. If I do end up at Texas, there won't be a drop-off. We talk to each other like I'm already his player, so we'll be ok."

Cook didn't attend the Texas spring game, but he watched the broadcast. He was impressed about the different ways Steve Sarkisian schemes wide receivers open. He also has huge expectations for Texas this season.

"I definitely watched it," he said. "Sark's offense is crazy. He knows what he's doing and he knows how to give a defensive coordinator a bad day just by the routes and concepts he grows up. It's the way he runs routes off of play-action and motions. Just the way he moves the offense around to give the defense different looks and someone just pops out and is wide open. Then, with the players they are getting, if they aren't good this year then I don't know. They went deep in that transfer portal. They should do some things this year."

Wide receivers always pay attention to quarterbacks. Cook said he liked the way Quinn Ewers threw the ball during his first extended action at Texas.

"Quinn played so well, Xavier dropped a ball because it hit him right on top of the head," Cook laughed. "That's all I've got to say. The ball hit him right on top of his head. We've been watching Quinn, so we know the potential there."

Cook's knowledge of Ewers goes back to his time at Southlake Carroll High School. As a freshman, Cook watched a sophomore Ewers throw for 364 yards and 5 touchdowns against Desoto in the playoffs.

"I've been watching Quinn since he was a freshman in high school, so I know how cold Quinn is," he said. "Once he gets those weapons around him like X, Hall and Isaiah Neyor, that's going to be crazy. With Sark's offense, that's going to be crazy. I don't think nobody is going to be able to stop them."

Texas has been in a good position for Cook since the beginning. This fall, he wants to see them succeed on the field.

"I definitely want to see them win some games," he said. "They got some pieces in there. I feel like Texas will probably win the Big 12 this year."

Cook will take a few visits this summer but is saving official trips to Texas and Texas A&M for the fall. He feels his decision will come whenever the time is right, but he wants to see how his top schools look this season.

"It's just whenever the time is going to be right," Cook said. "I'm not going to put a clock on myself. I'm just going to talk to God about it. Whenever he says it's right, that's the time."

At 6-feet, 170 pounds, Cook is ranked as the No. 8 wide receiver in the nation and No. 7 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports Composite.

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

I assume it's that we almost lost Barron and had teams trying to get in Worthy's ear.  If that shit is going to happen every year, we might as well do it also or we would be at a huge disadvantage.  The days of big schools taking development projects are probably over now.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

If hes actually talking about an available transfer,  itd have to be a commited but not enrolled transfer. 

Get your wish list out for who was available but committed elsewhere. 

What was the name of the top EDGE player from the portal? 

Ill take him thank you. 

6 hours ago, NoName said:

ABSOLUTELY the case. you see how dudes transition to college S&C and the program in general. easy decision.

in case people are iffy about this the 2021 bottom 10 recruits by composite score

•   Hide contents
    • Isaac Pearson
    • Cole Lourd
    • Max Merril
    • Charles Wright
    • Casey Cain
    • Barryn Sorrel
    • Gunnar Helm
    • Juan Davis
    • Keithron Lee
    • David ABiara

2020 class:

•   Hide contents
    • Jaylan Ford
    • SGW
    • Jaden Hullaby
    • Dajon Harrison
    • Andrej Karic
    • Jhadae Barron
    • Kelvontay Dixon
    • Logan Parr
    • Jaylen Gart
    • Troy Omeire

2019:

•   Hide contents
    • Juwan Mitchell
    • Willie Tyler
    • Jared WIley
    • Marques Caldwell
    • Kennedy Lewis
    • Caleb Johnson
    • Peter Mpagi
    • T'vontre Sweat
    • Marcus TIllman
    • Jacoby Jones

That’s 30 guys and there are only 4 of them I would have any interest in giving them a scholarship retroactively. And that’s maybe generous. 

On 4/2/2022 at 6:56 PM, Hornlover said:

Did Bijan get a Lambo NIL deal?

On 4/2/2022 at 7:07 PM, ONE YARD said:

shit, if so we better broadcast that.  

On 4/2/2022 at 7:13 PM, tokamak said:

Bijan pushing a Lambo is awesome. Good for him. 

On 4/2/2022 at 7:37 PM, Atticus said:

You guys are silly if you think that’s bijan’s car. It’s a rental, promotional, or maybe one of the coaches. 

On 4/2/2022 at 7:39 PM, TommyGufano said:

Think Huff has been bringing a Lambo around for years. That's my guess

Yep, he got a Lambo deal. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Wasn't he a hard OU lean? So, it appears the offensive staff at OU is full of Andre Colemans.

Hale is falling off as a prospect. OU backed off, I don’t know how hard any of them are pushing. Marion got us back into it, but the lack of push from his top schools helped us get back in it too. 

Humidor:

By: Eric, Gerry, and Justin

RECRUITING

Jalen Hale, WR, Longview (Texas): The four-star east Texan dropped is top six list last night - Texas. Texas A&M, USC, Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio State. Hale really enjoyed his UT unofficial trip last month and the Horns look great for an official this summer or early fall. Brennan Marion went by Longview on Wednesday and the two spoke for almost an hour. A source close to his recruitment feels like Marion might be Hale's favorite position coach at this time.

Again, he's probably headed to Alabama or Georgia, if he's a take for them. If not, Texas might sneak this guy into the class.

Jaden Greathouse, WR, Austin (Texas) Westlake: The local talent dropped his top four last Sunday - Texas, Notre Dame, OU, and South Carolina. After catching up with sources this week, it appears the Fighting Irish have the lead for the highly productive four-star.

Greathouse wants to take his four officials in June and have a decision by July, at the earliest. UT will need to thwart the Notre Dame push to keep Greathouse in the 512.

Micah Hudson, WR, Temple (Texas) Lake Belton: The state's top receiver for 2024 has watched his recruitment take off this spring. Alabama, Oklahoma, Michigan, Penn State, LSU, and Notre Dame have all put offers on the table. The next step for Hudson is hitting campus in Austin.

Hudson was supposed to join his head coach for a Texas spring practice last month, but nothing materialized. Brennan Marion was set to see Hudson on Thursday at Lake Belton, but bad weather got in the way of the trip. Marion and the Horns have the utmost interest and are relaying that to the talented sophomore. Pitt was his second overall offer when Marion was receivers coach.

There's an excellent chance Hudson sees Texas this summer, notably June. After two seasons with 1,972 total yards and 21 touchdowns, Hudson will enter his junior campaign as the top receiver in-state for his cycle.

Malik Muhammad, CB, Dallas (Texas) South Oak Cliff: The On3 Consensus No. 2 corner for 2023 is headed to Austin today for an unofficial visit. The 5A state champion told Inside Texas he's setting up official visits right now and Texas and Texas A&M are in a great position to receive one.

Early on it appeared Muhammad was destined for out-of-state, and still might be, but it appears lately he's more interested in staying closer to home with eyes on the Longhorns and Aggies.

Bo Davis on the move: Texas defensive line coach Bo Davis was in the state of Alabama this week seeing some of the nation’s best. In talking to a locked in source in the state, the Longhorns are likely to get On300 No. 8 Qua Russaw, No. 13 James Smith and No. 24 Peter Woods on campus in June. Of course, all three are top targets for Alabama, Georgia and others, but Davis has some long standing connections that work in his favor. The key is to hang around the rim and see which guy doesn’t stay home at Bama.

The best shot on a defensive lineman in Alabama is likely On300 No. 106 Hunter Osborne. Justin Finkley’s high school teammate is considered a Florida lean over Tennessee, Auburn, and others.

Inside Texas heard this week the Longhorns remain in a favorable position for On3 Consensus 4-star DL/IOL Markis Deal. Texas is recruiting Deal as a DL only. That, coupled with proximity have a strong appeal for Deal and family. With Deal’s parents being coaches, in-season travel is not ideal. That gives Texas, TCU, and Oklahoma a built in advantage.

Texas was by to see Terrance Green (Cy Woods) this week. The Longhorns are recruiting Green as a DL, and he is expected on campus in June. There is room for movement here.

Moving on to On300 No. 16 Zalance Heard. After a school visit last week, IT/On3 met a couple of quality sources. There is a feeling that Texas may be in front of LSU, but recruiting in the Pelican State is not for the faint of heart. Heard is open to being recruited as an offensive tackle.

Texas has four top offensive line targets coming to Austin for an official visit June 24-26. Those are Jaydon Chatman, Ian Reed, Connor Stroh and Andre Cojoe. The Longhorns will bring in Harris Sewell for a June OV if his decision looks likely prior to his senior season. That is to be determined, as of Thursday.

TRACK

Yes, track.

Texas head track and field coach Edrick Floreal reached out to 2022 athlete Eric Hemphill from Brenham yesterday. This was just hours before Hemphill’s official visit to Texas A&M.

Hemphill recently got out of his football letter of intent to Missouri State in order pursue high level track opportunities, especially those that allow him to walk on and play football. Football is where his heart truly lies.

The 400m is what put him on map as he ran a 46.86 this year.

A&M and LSU track are after him hard and it’s been made clear he’s wanted on their football teams. That’s kind of the angle I’m covering it from, but the potential track addition is notable for a few of you.

He’ll be competing at state next Friday. UT wants him to stay and visit but he has a wedding to attend that Saturday. He’ll visit Texas before deciding, per his father.

51 minutes ago, TexasBeta said:

Makes for more opportunities for those farmers and their NIL deal w/ Ford and the F250 for inner city kids.

I believe Evan Stewart got a John Deere sponsorship, and is rolling around Lit Station on a riding lawn mower. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The smoke around Greathouse to ND is real. I know there was a view on the board that we were recruiting him as hard as the other top priorities, but that’s not what I’ve heard. If Texas misses out on one or two guys maybe there is another shot at him, but right now seems to be ND. 

23 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

The smoke around Greathouse to ND is real. I know there was a view on the board that we were recruiting him as hard as the other top priorities, but that’s not what I’ve heard. If Texas misses out on one or two guys maybe there is another shot at him, but right now seems to be ND. 

I like Greathouse and hope we get him, but I am still not confident that he projects to be a WR at the next level. He may grow into a TE, and I wonder how much of a scheme fit he would be if he stuck at WR for us. . 

40 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I like Greathouse and hope we get him, but I am still not confident that he projects to be a WR at the next level. He may grow into a TE, and I wonder how much of a scheme fit he would be if he stuck at WR for us. . 

Watch Billingsley this year.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Feels like landing Niblett changed our pursuit of him.