Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

5 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Thats some of the worst facial hair I have seen in awhile, its like his hair just kept falling down his face but then he dipped his entire face in nair

Β 

Edited by NTVTXN
Epic fail on my part

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Β 

Clemson:

-There's a legitimate shot that Swinney is fucking lost at this point. Head up his ass level naΓ―ve about NIL and the portal. There are a lot of people around the sport wondering what in the fuck Clemson is doing, because they're mostly acting like this is still 2015.Β 

I thought the OC & DC hires Clemson made this offseason could be potential disasters. There's no way UT fans/media would be fine with just promoting assistant coaches to be the OC/DC of Texas was in that situation.

Vasek sets his OV to Texas. Still seems like something is off here, as @Dbeasy mentioned a few months back.

Β 

AUSTIN, TexasΒ β€”Β Colton VasekΒ emerged as one of the nation’s most sought-after pass-rushers after an MVP-winning performance in the Texas state title game last December.

Vasek, the No. 22-raked EDGE onΒ On3, is bracing for four summertime official visits in hopes of having a decision in place before helping Austin (Texas) Westlake capture a fourth consecutive championship.

Vasek will take official visits toΒ ClemsonΒ (June 3-5);Β OklahomaΒ (June 11-13);Β OregonΒ (17-19) andΒ TexasΒ (June 23-25).

On Clemson:Β β€œI took an unofficial visit to Clemson this spring and was up there for two days and I absolutely loved it. I loved the campus, the family feel. I love the coaches up there and I have a great relationship with the defensive ends coach, Coach Ski (Hall), and Coach (Mickey) Conn, too. I’ve got a good feeling about them and we’re talking twice a week.”

On Oklahoma:Β β€œI love Coach V (Brent Venables). They and Clemson are similar and Coach V, coming from that Clemson style, it’s a real family feel. Also, the coaches around them have chemistry with their players and I like how they care about them outside of football is big there. Coach (Miguel) Chavis and Coach (Todd) Bates, I love both of them. When I was up there, I hung out with the players and they had nothing but good things to say about the new staff.”

On Texas:Β β€œI’ve been talking to Coach PK (Pete Kwiatkowski) and we have a good relationship. We talk almost twice a week and it’s in my backyard and that’s always great to have the option to stay home, and I feel about them, too, with their development along the D-line.”

On Oregon:Β β€œI took an unofficial visit out there and I loved it up there. It’s far away, but I don’t care how far I go; it’s wherever I feel is best for me, and to me, everything is just a plane ride away. That’s how I see it. Oregon, with Coach (Dan) Lanning and (Tosh) Lupoi, I love them both to death. I’ve got a great relationship with them, and as far as development, I don’t know if there’s a better place I can go in the nation. CoachΒ Lupoi was at β€˜Bama for five years, won two national championships and was the defensive coordinator, and coached the β€˜S’ position. Then he went to the NFL, so he knows what it takes to get people in the league and coached guys like Myles Garrett in Cleveland. Coach Lanning was theΒ defensive coordinator for the champs at Georgia and he coached the EDGE position. That’s two highly skilled coaches that combination doesn’t come at too many places.”

Β 

Β 

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Vasek sets his OV to Texas. Still seems like something is off here, as @Dbeasy mentioned a few months back.

Β 

It seems like Vasek is down our board a bit, I think we view him as a safety valve and he likely views us the same. He is a good player but I just don't see him having the same ceiling as Burke due to how much he is already developed. A common problem with the Westlake/Lake Travis kids.Β 

• Hook 'Em 2

58 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

I thought the OC & DC hires Clemson made this offseason could be potential disasters. There's no way UT fans/media would be fine with just promoting assistant coaches to be the OC/DC of Texas was in that situation.

And look where that's gotten us..

• Hook 'Em 1

Arch is pretty good but he’s not consensus 1.000 good. Β I’ll be the asshole here but I’ve said it before, if his name was (were?) Chet Wilson he a middle of the pack four star. Β probably. Β but sure I still want him to come here if only for whom he might bring with him. Β if maalik develops, though, arch is probably transferring after 2024.Β 

9 hours ago, RabidM said:

This kid has some good looking film.Β  He's a very physical blocker with plus athleticism... nice looking player.

Hard to tell because his Hudl was filmed from the surface of the moon, but looks like he's got some wheels. I guess we're not feeling it with Lafayette anymore.

9 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Hard to tell because his Hudl was filmed from the surface of the moon, but looks like he's got some wheels. I guess we're not feeling it with Lafayette anymore.

Sounds like the issue is that Lafayette is feeling it with Mack in Chapel Hill.

On3 has been informed that On3 Consensus 4-star LB/EDGE Derrion Gullette has scheduled an official visit to Texas June 24-26.

That is the only official visit the 6-foot-3, 228-pound freak athlete has scheduled to date.

We will have more from the state track meet, where Gullette will compete.

• Hook 'Em 5

23 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

On3 has been informed that On3 Consensus 4-star LB/EDGE Derrion Gullette has scheduled an official visit to Texas June 24-26.

That is the only official visit the 6-foot-3, 228-pound freak athlete has scheduled to date.

We will have more from the state track meet, where Gullette will compete.

I'm sure this has already been posted, but for those unaware (like me) the big June 24th recruiting weekend will not be the weekend of the Arch Manning visit.Β  That is apparently the same weekend of the Manning Passing Academy.Β Β 

21 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Β 

Bama:

-This landscape is not attractive to Saban and he's not going to wind up with an outright competitive advantage against the market when it comes to money and recruiting, which he's had for 15 years. The dude is getting old. There's a shot that this is his big run and when he wins it all again, he's out.Β 

Clemson:

-There's a legitimate shot that Swinney is fucking lost at this point. Head up his ass level naΓ―ve about NIL and the portal. There are a lot of people around the sport wondering what in the fuck Clemson is doing, because they're mostly acting like this is still 2015.Β 

Β Dabo is weakening Clemson before he bolts for Bama after Saban rides off into the sunset after this season or next.

Β 

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Edited by hook me

6 minutes ago, hook me said:

Β Dabo is weakening Clemson before he bolts for Bama after Saban rides off into the sunset after this season or next.

Β 

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

He can bring his Clemson approach to Bama's recruiting as well. What could go wrong?

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

is it? (...Not saying it isn't fast af for football at any level)

It's close, but the difference between 10.24 and sub-10 is huge.

Β 

At the US Olympic trials finals from last year:

Men’s 100m
1. Trayvon Bromell β€” 9.80
2. Ronnie Baker β€” 9.85
3. Fred Kerley β€” 9.86
4. Kenny Bednarek β€” 9.89 (qualifies for relay)
5. Micah Williams β€” 9.91 (qualifies for relay)
6. Cravon Gillespie β€” 10.00 (qualifies for relay)
7. Noah Lyles β€” 10.05
8. Justin Gatlin β€” 10.87

• Like 1