Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

3 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Arch Manning is a bust 

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

Why do you say stupid shit like that?

Because Arch hasn't won a Heisman, a Natty and become the top pick in this year's NFL draft.

6th has been an insufferable whiney bitch since 2006.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cdain3 said:

Wow

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

The wind may have been below the legal limit, but you can tell from that lush forest that they were running in, he was doping on pure oxygen. 

Try doing that surrounded by a 10,000 car parking lot.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

The wind may have been below the legal limit, but you can tell from that lush forest that they were running in, he was doping on pure oxygen. 

Try doing that surrounded by a 10,000 car parking lot.

The wind according to athletic.net was 2.7 so over the legal wind limit of 2.0. His 200m at 20.40 was legal. 

Edited by utfan87
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Arch Manning is a bust 

I'm sure he'll be fine and a star (maybe even superstar) in the NFL.

But I did think it was curious his Coach said he's throwing "as well as ever".

Not that there's anything wrong  with that.

It just sound to me like... "he's no better than he was last year".

Semantics.... what is the semantics-style word for phrases?

Or can you use semantics for phrases too?

<non UT grad here>

2 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

He’s a cornerback, and he’s on you like a seatbelt. Pretty fucking awesome nickname.

Agreed

7 hours ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

If I’m a driving instructor I feel like that nickname would really carry some weight.

It would until you meet that sonofabitch brakes...

On 5/20/2022 at 10:46 PM, UDontKnow said:

As long as Arch Manning isn't a fan of @SydneyCarton's favorite band, REM, or the greatest white rapper ever (/s), Bubba Sparxxx, Texas is in great shape.

Bubba Sparxxx is the musical accompaniment, along with Ludscris, of the greatest compilation of VY highlights that YouTube hs to offer us, sir. 

REM is and will continue to be trash. I hope they get fucked and stay fucked forever. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

24 minutes ago, Ricky&#x27;s one-hitter said:

If this is to say that you are a fan, you’re the first one I’ve ever seen in the wild. I’m convinced their current relevance is entirely due to the whole catalog existing on the chilis bar playlist.

Fan here (80s - 1994ish).

• Hook 'Em 1

Weekend Notes: Updates on several prospects heading into the week

Mike Roach

Spoiler

Weekend Notes: Updates on several prospects heading into the week

Mike Roach

— Late last week I made a few trips out for spring football as practices wind down in Texas. On Thursday I was able to see Ian Reed at Vandergrift's spring game. Reed is coming up on a summer of visits and will see Texas at the end of June for his last trip. Clemson, Wisconsin and a trip to Alabama join Tennessee where Reed is this weekend. I still feel Texas has been able to do a great job establishing an early relationship with Reed and he definitely has a connection with Kyle Flood. The question will be if he wants to stay close to home and trust Flood with his development. Having the last visit is important for Texas here as they will have an opportunity to slam the door with a strong trip and keep the big tackle/guard prospect home.

— I spoke with South Oak Cliff cornerback Malik Muhammad after his spring game on Friday night and it sounds like Texas went from the back of the pack to squarely in the middle. Texas A&M still likely holds the edge here and and Alabama is pushing as well. After talking to Muhammad, he said he plans to be on campus this summer but is probably going to wait until fall to schedule an official visit. Texas has time to continue making up ground, but they will have to do that to land the four-star all=American.

— The recruitment of Markis Deal has been highlighted by questions of where he will line up at the college level. A two-way player, Deal has offers at both offensive and defensive line. While in the past he's been open to playing either with a lean toward defense, I'm told he's now telling people that he only wants to consider schools recruiting him on the defensive side of the ball. I'm supposed to see Deal this week so I'll get a little more about where things with Texas are, but it is interesting to note.

— I spoke late last week with Englewood (Colo.) Cherry Creek linebacker Blake Purchase who is one of the best defenders out west. Purchase is close with former high school teammate and Texas tight end Gunnar Helm nad the two have been spending time together since Helm returned to Colorado. Purchase will be in Austin for an official visit on June 17 and will also see Oklahoma, Washington, Oregon and Iowa State. Texas is still trying to catch up from the relationship aspect, but they could be an interesting name in this race following his visit.

— Tomorrow the Longhorns will host graduate transfer linebacker Diamonte Tucker-Dorsey from James Madison starting tomorrow. In 2021, Tucker-Dorsey had a strong season credited with 116 tackles, nine tackles for loss, 2.5 sacks, two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery, four interceptions, four pass breakups, and six quarterback hurries. Central Florida is the only other school in the race as of now for the productive linebacker originally from Norfolk, Virginia.

• Hook 'Em 1