What time is it ok to start drinking for a 7 pm game?

dad

Consult that Oracle Jimmy, aka Dirt Bike:

J: I got really drunk on Saturday night. I also got drunk on Saturday morning
S: Twice in one day? How's that possible?
J: My record is 3 times. It's possible kemosabe.

Hit it hard now, pass out around noon, come to in time for Clemson's bloodletting of aggy, resume day-drinking at a leisurely pace until kick-off at DKR, and then do watcha wanna. If you pass out around ten, you might get up in time to beat the midnight deadline for the third drunk of the day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

On days that I bbq, I normally don't start drinking until around noon so that I am relatively coherent to finish up the brisket.  If you want to be able to watch the game, that's probably a good plan.

Maybe I’m getting old, but I find myself drinking less before/during big games like this. I kinda want to know what’s going on and have a somewhat cogent take on the nuances of the game beyond good play YAYYY bad play BOOO

• Like 1

Maybe I’m getting old, but I find myself drinking less before/during big games like this. I kinda want to know what’s going on and have a somewhat cogent take on the nuances of the game beyond good play YAYYY bad play BOOO

This is why I like watching it at home compared to at a restaurant with inability to discern the audio well and usually with friends who may not care about the game as much as you so they distract you.
  • Like 1

After waking up, I finished the cup of vodka I passed out next to. The I had a bowl of Cheerios with bananas to replenish my potassium or something. Now I’m having more vodka. If you can’t drink all day and stay up for this game, you either a) don’t really like football, or b) need to up your tolerance

My son brought home a summer cold which I managed to acquire. I’m not going to start drinking until the second half of aggy-Clemson just so I can be sure I don’t die from the combination of DayQuil, Zyrtec, Sudafed, and whiskey doesn’t kill me before the game. It can kill afterwards as I’ll die happy or be pissed off enough to want to die anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JFKFC said:

I logged on to start a drinking thread. Well done OP. I made steak & eggs, and I'm washing that down with a Bud Light. Starting it off smooth and easy. No liquor for me until the 2:30pm games kick-off. Then its Thunderdome. Pray for me.

I'm a bigger wimp than you, I'm holding off till 4:30 on the hard stuff.  Old age is killing my tolerance....among other things.

Edit: Also that I had to come into work today to do some bootleg type stuff.  🤫🤘

Edited by SHOOTER12